Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Contagioned

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
i think Sejuani is pretty decent, looking forward to seeing Lissandra, the Ice Dervish

PS: offtopic, if the leaked info of Sejuani's passive applying slow on hit is true, maybe Ashe should get some manacost buffs to her Q, seeing how Sejuani gets it for free? :O
1. ashe is ranged
2. ashe is ad carry (she builds attack speed and whatnot)

so no.

Contagioned

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummines View Post
i like how nobody even mentioned Kayle

she wears full body armor all the time, in all of her skins

a lot of people still think that she is a guy

i think thats what Riot wants to avoid
If you read through the 18 pages, she was mentioned in someone's argument for exactly what you just said.

davin

Senior User Researcher

01-12-2012
8 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
And I thank you for the consideration, sir.

Also, -70? Really? I'm not sure I like what that says about this community. @_@
I think the discussion in this thread is pretty good And the fact that we're having it at all makes me happy about our community! Feminism is often a contentious topic on gaming forums, but I think gamers are getting better at being more inclusive. It is a process!

Soulsinge

01-12-2012

Quote:
It's not a terribly good reason, though. The obvious answer would be that they want to pander to the 18-35 male demographic that dominates gaming culture. But this is a terrible reason to stick to this "standardized female physique." It's insulting and alienating for women (and some men like myself), it's kind of juvenile, and it's more than a little sad that the developers don't think players will like a female character unless she's packing double Ds.
Actually from the business standpoint (which Riot happens to be) this is a very good decision. I'm sure that if the majority of people felt this way, it would change.

God Karthus NA

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Skar Skar Skarner
I see where you are coming from, but can we PLEASE have a handsome (not overly muscular or aged), skin revealing, male young adult with some biologically gravitation characteristics? I want some male love in this department of matter.

I don't care too much about Riot idealizing female bodies for fan service, but I'm concerned that there's none in terms of males. I know the vast majority of players are straight males, but just ONE would suffice.

Or even a new, attractive Ezreal skin with a different haircut.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

There will always be people who complain. I dont think there has been a single release where there isnt a hundred threads popping up complaining about one thing or another.

I actually strongly disagree with the premise of this post. I find it offensive that someone looks down on me because I would rather have attractive females in my games as opposed to other body types and shapes. There is a degree where accentuation is too much, but I feel that LoL has significantly refined their art abilities and moved away from the "bigger is better" era of MF and Sona.

LoL has matured nicely to find a solid balance between attractiveness and strength with most of their recent female champions. With the exception of Ahri who was obvious fan service for their asian market, I think the art and concepts have been incredibly impressive. I would be sad to see them be pressured to provide more mediocre body types.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
9 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernkastar View Post
I see where you are coming from, but can we PLEASE have a handsome (not overly muscular or aged), skin revealing, male young adult with some biologically gravitation characteristics? I want some male love in this department of matter.

I don't care too much about Riot idealizing female bodies for fan service, but I'm concerned that there's none in terms of males. I know the vast majority of players are straight males, but just ONE would suffice.
1) Bahahaha!

2) I'll see what I can do =)

Evil Enchantress

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I think the discussion in this thread is pretty good And the fact that we're having it at all makes me happy about our community! Feminism is often a contentious topic on gaming forums, but I think gamers are getting better at being more inclusive. It is a process!
Now if only we could get the gaming companies to stop going out of their way to drag the form back to its slack-jawed roots by the short 'n curlies, one chainmail bikini splash art at a time...

Verosce

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernkastar View Post

Or even a new, attractive Ezreal skin with a different haircut.
Tryndamere?

Lumberjack Sion, if your tastes run that way?

Pantheon?

I won't deny that the ladies of LoL have a lot of assets in common bodywise, but it's true that there are also some pretty fanservicey dudes.

What's always mildly bothered me is that the men run the whole gamut from hideous monsters to chiseled studs, while the women tend to be about as far from monstrous as you can get. Not counting Anivia.

Warscythes

01-12-2012

Quote:
And I thank you for the consideration, sir.

Also, -70? Really? I'm not sure I like what that says about this community. @_@
Actually there is a good reason why you are getting downvoted.

This is not the first topic that have popped up regarding this, at least the first one had some good reason because it was pre-karma where most of the female champions are over-sexualized(MF/Sona etc), now with Karma/Leona/Riven etc, the point is moot.

Besides saying things
Quote:
like Also, -70? Really? I'm not sure I like what that says about this community.
is just asking to be downvoted. This is like fingernail on the chalkboard for me, stop with the passive aggressiveness. You might as well say "I don't care about downvotes, come at me bro" and be done with it.