Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pkº

01-12-2012

meh

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
6 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Leona is my favorite example of this, as she's a strong female character who really looks like she's meant for battle.
I do not believe I've met you yet in person, but when I do, you're getting a hug!

Ender of Gods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

The whole idea that casters tend to be thinner is thrown off by Gragas. He throws off the mean a bit.

Rahgar

01-12-2012

Personally, I'd like to see female champions with a little more meat on their bones. Watching these big-breasted stick figures fight it out is cute and all, but we need a real woman with some curves going on in this game.

TheFunderstorm

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Very happy to see IronStylus weigh in on this. Since I'm not one of our art guys, I can't really speak to it from a "this is what we make" perspective, but I personally prefer female characters to wear things that match what they do rather than just be "skinny lady skimpy clothes" all the time.

I feel pretty strongly about this and am rather happy that our game has a good number of female characters who break out of traditional "male gaze mold" (Karma, Poppy, Leona, Tristana, Riven, and Shyvana are pretty good examples). Leona is my favorite example of this, as she's a strong female character who really looks like she's meant for battle.
Are you serious? Have you even SEEN Shy? Plus poppy and tristana are yorldes, you can't really count non humans in this discussion -.-

So that leaves Riven and Leona

Ender of Gods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Threading is indeed redundant as it's a fairly repetitive task.
I like that I actually got this.

Loc

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
By the by, I think you raise excellent points in your post! This is a big interest of mine honestly. I want to figure out how we can push the envelope and how we can still hit familiar notes. Thank you for the feedback as we will keep it in mind!

I'm always interested to see what our players have to say in regards to visual design. We're always evolving and I want to know how that evolution is progressing.

I don't at all consider what you've posted to be any sort of complaint, I see it as honest critique and I thank you for it.
And I thank you for the consideration, sir.

Also, -70? Really? I'm not sure I like what that says about this community. @_@

Lunakoneko

01-12-2012

Gragas is awesome because he's different. On that note, there's also that big fat ugly Urgot... He's a nasty bit to look at, but he still exists. He fills the "gross awful" male demographic.. :P I'd like to see at least a muscular or chubby (or short, or really tall, or... something that isn't a model-shaped) female character. I'd also love to see more female champs with pink skins, since there really aren't (m)any. :<

Syrilic

01-12-2012

IronStylus, wonderful responses in this thread. So very thought out and informative. I was very impressed (not to sound condescending!) and it gave me a huge smile.
I won't add opinion, but I must salute you. Coming from someone who knows so little about artwork and the concepts behind it, regardless on if I agree or disagree, those are some wonderful posts.

Seayn

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Lesbian View Post
except its always overexaggerated. Female adults always have the same body types and males always have pecs + a 6 pack(unless you're Gragas)

I'm all for sexy champs but they're way too overused. Those body types aren't regular
These are supposed to be the most powerful beings imaginable. I thought pecs and 6 packs would be quite common, considering that.