Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Jaguar

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
Did they have to make her wear a bikini at the end of the game?
I'm sorry, Let me redistribute the game with a single pixel (her torso/waist) Turned blue. Now shes in a full space suit. Bam.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunakoneko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-12-2012

I have to agree with the OP. I understand that the designers want everything to be aesthetically pleasing and all.. But not only does it become cookie-cutter boring, but what about those guys (and gals) out there who like chubby women? Huh? what about them? I know they exist! And what about amazon women? There's nothing wrong with them, they're just bigger than average women. They're not ugly or fat, why cant we get some amazons around here?

I'd absolutely love to see some more diversity in the female champ designs. They're all thin, approximately the same height, have big ol titties, and the majority of them were next to no clothing. As an (alleged) woman (on the internet) I am offended. Riot, I demand you realize that not only 16-30 year old men play this game! /harumph


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healcannon

Senior Member

01-12-2012

basically he wussed out and said that we need huge boobs and revealing clothes so we dont have another ezreal. how sad....

though honestly im more upset about the lack of an original skill set more than anything the amount of champs that you can compare the skills to be knock offs of goes on for awhile. buts its fine maybe the flail will make up for all of this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-12-2012
2 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Lesbian View Post
except its always overexaggerated. Female adults always have the same body types and males always have pecs + a 6 pack(unless you're Gragas)

I'm all for sexy champs but they're way too overused. Those body types aren't regular
Thinking of how I'd respond to you in person with that username is killing me with giggles, however, putting that aside, I can say that I will take your comment with the utmost seriousness and try to incorporate it as I can in my own designs and promote the notion where appropriate in others'.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jaguar View Post
Holy ****, your argument is moving on to 8 bit pixeled girls. "SHEs a girl because theres one more pixel portraying out near her head,by her chest, and its colored blue"

FFS Thats the saddest example for sensationalism ever.

Let me ask you this, If you were an 8-bit designer, then what would you have done? Made all her armor fall off, and have no physical attribute to make her look feminine?
you have to look at my past post

here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
as an Ilustrator myself I know there is a reason for the female characters have that body type on comics / games etc.

you can have 100 body types for a male and still looks like a male, but with females is a lot more complicated, you have less room to work with (boob size, hips, waist, and on less degree, legs and arms)... but you can't change neck size, shoulder chest like with males, because you risk your character not look female at all due to 3D modelling, drawing style, media and definition of the image and even perception from the viewer.

just think of it as if all drawings by definitions were male (like stick drawings being the most simple example), and the psyche has a limited ammount of features to distinguish something as "female".. (just try to temember how many grily emos and traps are out there), so you have to make a very clear definition of those features for your character to look female (for example: if she has no boobs, she has to have thin waist)

there are many ways to draw a dragon, but very few ones to draw a swan or a horse, same with males and females you can't change features on swans too much before it looking like some other bird.
Also and if you see a dragon, you'd think of it as a male, unless some very specific features.


basic point being, as all drawings are by definition male, you can play around more easily with the features (think of mundo and fiddlesticks), but the room to modify female features is a lot more limited, because you could even end up with somethin aking to, yes, Ezreal

liek I said and 8-bit example is STILL relevant, all drawings (and even animals -horses, turtles) are male on our psyches, unless we look for specific features (p**** on a male horse)

being all drawings male by definition, you can play around more easily with males, not so much with females like the swan example, you risk it not look female at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RenegadeTQ

Senior Member

01-12-2012

My own issue with Sijuania :

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=19636615&highlight=#post19636615


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Contagioned

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jaguar View Post
I'm sorry, Let me redistribute the game with a single pixel (her torso/waist) Turned blue. Now shes in a full space suit. Bam.
But they didn't do that. Most NES games were censored and added things like extra clothes and random lore to better suit the culture when sent overseas to America (Poison from Final Fight, and Golden Axe 2 adding clothes). But they kept the bikini suit for Americans, even. They really needed to exaggerate that it was a female in order to get the point across.

Of course, this argument is showing a very exaggerated situation, but that's what you do in arguments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soulild

Junior Member

01-12-2012

I don't understand why people aren't distinguishing "s.e.x.y." from "s.k.a.n.k.y."

Since when did attractive mean s.l.u.t.t.y?

Fine. Give them large breasts, little thighs and big butts if that makes them attractive, but cover some of them up a little and maybe leave something to the imagination.

You want a business idea? Cover up the original char and underdress the paid skins. 8/

But yes, I agree with the OP. Sejuani's little figure looks out of place with her giant boar and huge flail. She could use a little muscle on her, especially for a brute type like her. Same with Leona.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GGat20 Sportacus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
It's not about realism, dude. But if she's a boxer, she'd look like that, yeah?
Thats the whole bloody point.

Every women in the league is a fighter. x.x

They are gonna be in good shade, and most people in shape are relatively attractive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skytro

Senior Member

01-12-2012

ok, but we also need to stop having male champs with broad chests, tall figures and a statuesc face (gragas is the only exception to this, but poppy/annie/anivia are also exception to the female form in this game)