Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

01-12-2012

Because if Sejuani wasn't, Ashe would look inconsistent!

General Farsight

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Waaasn't really talking about the way they dress. In fact, I said in my original post that I'm actually not terribly bugged by the way Sejuani dresses because it's as suited to here as, as you're arguing, dressing down is suited to Tryndamere. Makes sense for both their characters to dress a little skimpy, right?
Well, I apologize if i misunderstood your point, then. My point was simply that most of the people who complain about female objectification in this game seem to judge the female characters simply by their physical appearance, while completely ignoring who they are. You know, judging a book by its cover?

By contrast, this does not seem to happen with male characters, like Tryndamere, Pantheon, Ezreal or Olaf. I just do not understand why they give this courtesy to the males but not to the females.

Gwaargh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Everytime a new female champ, hundreds of these threads on GD.

Contagioned

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
"Attractive" is not limited to the skinny hourglass figure that all the human female LoL champs have. Look at Street Fighter or super hero comics and you can find plenty of muscular women whose *** appeal is used to sell the product.
The only way Cammy is muscular is a random six pack. Otherwise, she has a completely feminine body with hourglass, boobs, and a gigantic ass.

Chun Li only has muscular thighs. Otherwise, she has a completely feminine body with hourglass, and bigger boobs that Cammy.

Is this the variation you speak of that LoL lacks?

Rav Abaddon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Sexy women can be muscular women.

DarkOrchid

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaargh View Post
Everytime a new female champ, hundreds of these threads on GD.
new hot female champ that is. Riot wants you to do that.

DustySniper

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
While I actually agree with you on the whole "being strong doesn't make you dumb" point, and I think it's wonderful that you manage to keep yourself in good shape and as well be an accomplished scholar, it probably doesn't really help your case when you have "Im"s and "cant"s in your post. Just sayin'. :P
Lol i agree but this is a casual setting and a lively debate. If this was a scholarly paper I was writing I would spend weeks on it and have several people read it over to correct all of those mistakes.

TacticalJR

01-12-2012

Cheese is a generic term for a diverse group of milk-based food products. Cheese is produced throughout the world in wide-ranging flavors, textures, and forms.
Cheese consists of proteins and fat from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep. It is produced by coagulation of the milk protein casein. Typically, the milk is acidified and addition of the enzyme rennet causes coagulation. The solids are separated and pressed into final form.[1] Some cheeses have molds on the rind or throughout. Most cheeses melt at cooking temperature.
Hundreds of types of cheese are produced. Their styles, textures and flavors depend on the origin of the milk (including the animal's diet), whether they have been pasteurized, the butterfat content, the bacteria and mold, the processing, and aging. Herbs, spices, or wood smoke may be used as flavoring agents. The yellow to red color of many cheeses is from adding annatto.
For a few cheeses, the milk is curdled by adding acids such as vinegar or lemon juice. Most cheeses are acidified to a lesser degree by bacteria, which turn milk sugars into lactic acid, then the addition of rennet completes the curdling. Vegetarian alternatives to rennet are available; most are produced by fermentation of the fungus Mucor miehei, but others have been extracted from various species of the Cynara thistle family.
Cheese is valued for its portability, long life, and high content of fat, protein, calcium, and phosphorus. Cheese is more compact and has a longer shelf life than milk. Cheesemakers near a dairy region may benefit from fresher, lower-priced milk, and lower shipping costs. The long storage life of some cheese, especially if it is encased in a protective rind, allows selling when markets are favorable.

Rav Abaddon

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Farsight View Post
Well, I apologize if i misunderstood your point, then. My point was simply that most of the people who complain about female objectification in this game seem to judge the female characters simply by their physical appearance, while completely ignoring who they are. You know, judging a book by its cover?

By contrast, this does not seem to happen with male characters, like Tryndamere, Pantheon, Ezreal or Olaf. I just do not understand why they give this courtesy to the males but not to the females.
The hell they don't judge the book by it's cover on Ezreal, I'm still dealing with the "He's gay!" BS.

Loc

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
They do make that type of male. It's the two types of male that are in this game. Muscular/fit, and pretty/shapely. If you're arguing that having those two types of variation in body type are enough evidence to show that women are much more objectified than men in this game, then find more evidence. That's how society is in general. There are two types of physically attractive males: the pretty boy, and the manly ones. There aren't two type of physically attractive females in society. Yes, certain people may like different girls, but it's not commonplace to like anything other than what we see shown in League of Legends. So unless society changes, every form of media will show most main characters that fit these archetypes.
Not exactly. We do have manly men and pretty boys, sure. But of the manly men, we've got stocky, beefy, lean, athletic, burly, generally large, body-builder, and all sorts of variations on just being kinda strong.

The point, again, is that there's a lot of variety among the men, while the women are limited, in general, to a single highly idealized body type. There are lots of ways that women can be attractive, and not all of them involve hourglass figures or huge breasts.

I agree with you that this problem goes far beyond are little game of choice, but that's no reason to give up on trying to improve who we are and what we do. Who cares about the rest of society? We have the power to influence ourselves, and we should try to do better, to be better.