Sejuani and female champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrunkMedStudent

01-12-2012

don't know what you're talking about. Sona doesn't even have legs, Irelia isn't going to have a hard time finding bras in her size, and Leona's body isn't the same as Miss Fortune.

Daharon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iauaruk View Post
Leona. Tristana.Annie.Poppy
Tristana Annie and Poppy are just fine, Riven however.. there's no way she could carry that sword with those weak arms.

LucidFlux

01-12-2012

I'm sorry but really woman that are fighters look like this...

Attachment 361860

Is that more realistic?

DustySniper

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
Going to respond to DustySniper and Contagioned at once, since they're basically responding in the same way.

Being overly muscled is not what people thing is attractive. This is what men find attractive or assume that women find attractive. And you know what? Some women do like the lumberjack look, the body builder type. But ask a room full of women if they thing bulging biceps is attractive, and you're probably get a resounding "Grooss!"

In one of the articles I posted, the author addresses this directly with (as he said, very unscientific) poll about what women find attractive. The answers? Nightcrawler, Gambit, and David Bowie (as Gareth). They liked them for their charactization and only partially for their physical appearance, but at most each of them can be described as athletic at best.

My point is no one is trying to mack on Marcus Fenix, although guys seem to assume that they are.

And again, the intention behind the idealization for either gender is different. The tendency for idealized representations (in games and comics) is that for men it's to seem powerful, for women to be attractive to men.
First im gonna address the last thing. Isnt that the basic biology of life? To attract mates? If you honestly tell me that when you ask woman out your not physcially attracted to them in some way I know your a liar.

Your also making the assumption that woman arnt attracted to muscular men? Every woman has different tastes just like every man.

I dont know where you got this poll but could you link it to me? Ive been an athlete my whole life and am now in the military where basically my job is staying in pick physical and mental shape. Ive also had no issues with woman attracting woman in my life as of yet.

Lastly I understand what it takes to go to war and be able to do it well. You have to be in amazing physical shape. The females who I served with (not in the same regiment since im in a combat one) are all skiny little things because of the fact that we all run a lot. Some of them are very busty too and like I said earlier I consider them all strong woman.

The woman Ive meet in my life with giant muscular biceps and things along that line typically supplement to get that way (same with the males). Testosterone and Testosterone boosters a big part of that. Its not a female quality. If you want to get into an argument about gender roles and how their not fair (essentially what this whole thing is about) im fine with that. Gender roles have their purposes for society, no one is forced to follow them but because of the way human culture has adapted over the centuries it is simply how we live.

Contagioned

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidFlux View Post
I'm sorry but really woman that are fighters look like this...

Attachment 361860

Is that more realistic?
In OP's opinion, no, that isn't realistic. They're too similar in appearance. Look at their bodies, they both have pretty similar and boring body types.

ViashinoWizard

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustySniper View Post
are you serious? All the males have pecs/6 packs and large bi ceps. The size may differ from champ to champ but it is all basically the same thing.
Gragas, Ezreal, Jax, Master Yi, Shaco, Singed, etc.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daharon View Post
Tristana Annie and Poppy are just fine, Riven however.. there's no way she could carry that sword with those weak arms.
Because Tristana can totally carry that cannon realistically?

Or Poppy and that hammer?

Cire Umbra

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daharon View Post
Cause Yordles are like ants and Annie cheats with magic by turning Tibbers in to a doll..

Vancoor

01-12-2012

You act like there is no variation.
I think Leona,Shyvana, Kayle, and Riven both look like strong women.
Also Irelia, Lux, and Karma have pretty different body types.
This is just off the top of my head, I feel like you are exagerating the male differentiation as well... There is thin, buff, and Gragas.

Loc

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagioned View Post
Okay, say you're the character designer of Riot. You need to make an attractive male for them that is simply an object to look at, like all the women in this game apparently.

Will you not give him muscles and a possible six pack? None of the characters in LoL are Marcus Fenix status, anyways.

Also, Gambit has a six pack in almost every rendition (BEYOND athletic, mind you), Nightcrawler is pretty muscular in most renditions (at times beyond athletic), and David Bowie's weird always.

And your whole paragraph about the article argues that "males are shallow and women aren't," which isn't relevant.
Why not just make him pretty? Good eyes, shapely features, stylish hair, snappy outfit?

No, I wouldn't. Not every guy has time to do his sit-ups, you know. :P

The point of Gambit and Nightcrawler is interesting, because it illustrates both that this issue of inappropriate representation (to the character) is also present in male characters and calls to attention that the same problems we have in games are just as prevalent in comics, and have been from the start.

Well, it wouldn't be that the argument "isn't relevant." That may not be the correct word to describe what you mean. If we're assuming that that is indeed the subtext to the article, then it would be that it "isn't correct." But the problem isn't that men are shallow or women aren't or whatever. Everyone is shallow and likes to look at pretty things. The problem is that in a male dominated industry (on both the side of the creators as well as the consumers), everything is dictated by this male viewpoint which isn't even correct necessarily. Male characters get variety and traits that support them, while female characters are generalized and objectified. BUT ALSO, male characters are stylized in a way that men assume is attractive and women are stylized in a way that men like to stare at while sitting at their computers at night.