To the Rammus haters

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Matchmaking is based solely on elo, in all game modes except custom. There's a separate elo rating for TT, Dominion and SR but the rating does seem to be shared between draft and normal for each mode (obviously ranked is separate also for TT and SR).
So if I got a fresh Dom player on my team, does that mean I'm 1200-1250 or so? Because that's what ELO people start at, yeah?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
So if I got a fresh Dom player on my team, does that mean I'm 1200-1250 or so? Because that's what ELO people start at, yeah?
They could have been queued with a friend which would give them an artificial elo boost for matchmaking. But yeah, unless they've changed it recently 1200 is the starting point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
But yeah, unless they've changed it recently 1200 is the starting point.
Good to know. Not much more to do now than to continue winning with the knowledge that I'm a 1200 pro.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Every champ is manageable in some fashion, but the hate comes from how unreasonable those measures need to be.

Yes Ryze beats Rammus, but guess what: Ryze is banned regularly too.
Any ranged champ with a snare/stun beats Rammus. Ryze, Lux, etc....Rammus is only annoying in Dominion because of his speed...otherwise, tanks don't get fed in SR, yet have a constant cash flow in Dom, which makes all tanks end up crazy tanky by the end of a Dom game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Nobody says that Rammus is unbeatable. But a champ does not have to be unbeatable to be Overpowered. Rammus is very very strong on Dominion and pretty good in general.

This doesn't mean he wins every fight every time does it?

Your whole logic is basically "He CAN be beaten, therefore he is ok". This is rather odd thinking and doesn't help anyone, which is why you got downvoted so hard.

By your logic, we could upgrade Rammus' ult to kill anything in range...and he would still be just fine because he CAN be beaten.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightmar3x

Junior Member

01-11-2012

Wow, I didnt know we were all here modifying our discussions for upvotes and downvotes. If all you are doing is preaching to the masses and writing what they want to hear I feel sorry for you. For a second there I actually tough you cared and were trying to be insightful about the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmar3x View Post
Wow, I didnt know we were all here modifying our discussions for upvotes and downvotes. If all you are doing is preaching to the masses and writing what they want to hear I feel sorry for you. For a second there I actually tough you cared and were trying to be insightful about the game.
He's saying your argument sucks.

Because it does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Last night I first banned Shaco, then Ahri and Kass. I purposely did not ban Rammus or Ryze or Poppy because I knew I'd have first pick(I'm not very good at Kass yet). Opponent banned Yorick Heim (don't get that one) and Poppy. I picked Rammus.

Ok, so that happens. What doesn't make sense comes next. They proceed to have 3 strong physical damage champs which weren't particularly tanky and had very little CC, and not very strong magic.

Getting Rammus doesn't mean auto win, but if you don't like Rammus ban him first or get kiters/CC/magic damage. I think this applies to each champ. Poppy can be countered with people who hit harder at lower health (Pantheon for instance).

Each of the top picks/first bans can be countered, but the majority of people do not think they are fun to build against. I've seen Teemo with sweeper invalidate both ap and ad shacos. The shrooms cleverly placed prevent back doors and the Shaco becomes like an Eve who either team fights or makes the match a 4v5(hurting their own team).

I ban Shaco for instance, because unless I know all 5 people on my team I can't expect that the logical person will go stop Shaco when it counts instead of running around stupidly in the wrong place.

I ban Ahri because I personally hate what she does to team fights. I know people who ban Blitz because they hate what he does to team fights. When I know everyone on my team knows how to dodge Ahri and Blitz's skill shots... we don't ban them (and in fact try to get them at champ select).

TLDR: Rammus ban is about personal and team play style, and the majority of people do not like fighting a champ who has so much CC, speed, and armor when the current popular meta is tanky physical dps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MVpmack

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Rammus in general is just a strong pick. He's not a game winning steamroll machine but his ability to be almost anywhere he needs to be is very powerful. His taunt is also very nice for keeping enemies where you want them to be or pulling them into bad situations.

I think he's one of the strongest champs in Dom. Even if Ryze is on the enemy team, it doesn't mean Rammus is shut down. It just means that another person on your team like Kassadin, Talon, or LeBlanc will have to keep Ryze from killing your teammates rather than you. Plus, Ryze is often bottom lane and that kind of means that Rammus' main counter won't be engaging him most of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-11-2012

Bad Rammus player in OP.


123