Lose again to rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gojna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Rammus is considered to be "broken" because he outweighs the current meta-ideas people are trying to force onto Dominion. People seem to think auto-attackers are the way to go for the majority of the team's composition, leaving the one mage to hit bottom lane who will have little to no interaction with Rammus. Here's the thing; Rammus will ALWAYS dominate auto-attack champions. I've 5v1 as him and lived because the other team had 4 AD champions, all of whom died due to proper item purchases and some feeding. And that was on Summoner's Rift.

His speed with Powerball is impressive on Dominion, but this has more to do with the speed-boosts on Dominion than the ability itself. The only movement speed item he should buy is Force of Nature; anything else, especially speed boots, takes away his potential as a tank.

On the note of building him, here's something I've noticed; in the last five games I've played with a Rammus, one actually built him correctly for the enemy team. One of them literally bought five Zeals. While he was able to capture points and take on the AD champs, the AP champs on the enemy team slaughtered him quickly. Had they acted on his death more effectively, they could have easily taken a point due to his absence.

I'll end with this. Most of the people playing Rammus don't know how to play him effectively. Most people playing against Rammus don't know how to build a team comp or champion to counter him. Most people playing Dominion are playing AD champions, which even a terrible Rammus can destroy.

TL;DR - Throw a Morgana at an MR-less Rammus and see how well he does.

H4VOK

01-10-2012

...actually almost every single rammus ive encountered prioritizes FoN, as soon as they have their boots and sunfire/thornmail. most players know how to cover his "weakness" to magic damage. but if people are tired of losing to rammus in blind pick every game, usually a single counter to him is enough to balance the odds. the only thing that sickens me about rammus/shaco is the number of people that pick these champs when theyre undoubtably the strongest for the mode which FORCES others to choose counters. at least the 5 zeal rammus players are trying something unusual and fun. leave the tryharding meta game strategies in SR and keep dominion fun kthx

Hugs From Momma

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojna View Post
Rammus is considered to be "broken" because he outweighs the current meta-ideas people are trying to force onto Dominion. People seem to think auto-attackers are the way to go for the majority of the team's composition, leaving the one mage to hit bottom lane who will have little to no interaction with Rammus. Here's the thing; Rammus will ALWAYS dominate auto-attack champions. I've 5v1 as him and lived because the other team had 4 AD champions, all of whom died due to proper item purchases and some feeding. And that was on Summoner's Rift.

His speed with Powerball is impressive on Dominion, but this has more to do with the speed-boosts on Dominion than the ability itself. The only movement speed item he should buy is Force of Nature; anything else, especially speed boots, takes away his potential as a tank.

On the note of building him, here's something I've noticed; in the last five games I've played with a Rammus, one actually built him correctly for the enemy team. One of them literally bought five Zeals. While he was able to capture points and take on the AD champs, the AP champs on the enemy team slaughtered him quickly. Had they acted on his death more effectively, they could have easily taken a point due to his absence.

I'll end with this. Most of the people playing Rammus don't know how to play him effectively. Most people playing against Rammus don't know how to build a team comp or champion to counter him. Most people playing Dominion are playing AD champions, which even a terrible Rammus can destroy.

TL;DR - Throw a Morgana at an MR-less Rammus and see how well he does.

There's so much wrong here I don't know where to start.

Your profile shows you've played 47 games of Dominion and are currently 24-23.

Any team that picks 4 of anything (AD / AP) should lose every time. No questions. You counter-build defense, they can't touch your side, you win.

Auto-attackers are not "the way to go" on Dominion. This shows you're playing against bads. They probably ban Tryn.

Since these people are at best inexperienced, and more likely are bad, it shouldn't surprise you they can't build Rammus correctly for the situation. Kudos to you for seeing this problem, you're already one step ahead of the game.

On your fourth point, people don't know how to play Rammus effectively from your perspective because they're bad.

TLDR - you're playing against bads.

lbgsloan

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
There's so much wrong here I don't know where to start.

Your profile shows you've played 47 games of Dominion and are currently 24-23.

Any team that picks 4 of anything (AD / AP) should lose every time. No questions. You counter-build defense, they can't touch your side, you win.

Auto-attackers are not "the way to go" on Dominion. This shows you're playing against bads. They probably ban Tryn.

Since these people are at best inexperienced, and more likely are bad, it shouldn't surprise you they can't build Rammus correctly for the situation. Kudos to you for seeing this problem, you're already one step ahead of the game.

On your fourth point, people don't know how to play Rammus effectively from your perspective because they're bad.

TLDR - you're playing against bads.
Unrelated here, but I thought you couldn't see normal game losses outside of the game summary screen? This would be nice to know so I can see if that derp teammate is having a bad game, or if they are a cancer to any team they land on.

atheimetal

01-10-2012

AP Shaco laughs when armor rammus powerballs into four jack in the boxes and explodes.

Redenbacher

01-10-2012

When was the last time someone built QSS as a hard counter to Rammus? Too many just want to build glass cannon, and then complain that any champion does 'tons of damage'.

Powerball, DBC, and Tremors all deal Magic Damage. QSS removes taunt and gives MR. Rammus countered. Kill squishies and proceed to victory.

The only reason I ban Rammus is because I can't rely on my teammates to counter him.

As for Pantheon and Wukong... build armor. Use CC. Same as any other AD. Pantheon specifically is pathetic if you stun him immediately after he uses HSS. But who uses CC on Dominion anyway?

If you nerf Rammus, you gimp him for Summoner's Rift. If you disable him, no one will actually learn how to use their brains when they build items. It's a lose/lose. Better stop playing Dominion.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Powerball, DBC, Thornmail, and Tremors all deal Magic Damage. QSS removes taunt and gives MR. Rammus countered. Kill squishies and proceed to victory.
Fixed, and totally agree.

Denambren

01-10-2012

I really enjoy reading all the posts that try to explain how you can easily defeat Rammus in Dominion by not being stupid. Imagine now that you are playing against a Rammus that is not playing stupid. Now what?

There is a reason that Rammus is banned in every draft game, and it isn't because nobody plays magic damage champions.

Hugs From Momma

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Unrelated here, but I thought you couldn't see normal game losses outside of the game summary screen? This would be nice to know so I can see if that derp teammate is having a bad game, or if they are a cancer to any team they land on.
http://www.leagueofstats.com/

Is the only one I know that crawls Dominion stats, though I haven't checked all of the other options.

Xoltar

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
please qq more about rammus, but i have a secret on how to disable rammus, believe it or not but you can remove him from the game.

its called draft mode noobs.
Great advice except all of you in draft mode treat it like ranked rift with the expectation of people willing to fall into champ positions based on their turn to pick. ALSO if you do draft a person may not get to play the champion which they enjoy and wanted to. People in draft play to win, people in norm play to have fun and hope the outcome is they win. Here is the logical train of thought which drafters can't wrap their brains around.