Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
I find that when playing Cho'Gath I often "Overguess" when placing rupture in teamfights. As in, I'll try to do some goofy thing where I basically overthink where to place rupture, when instead the simpler and obvious answer was correct. I get this problem with skillshots sometimes.

How do I shut my stupid brain up?

Edit: Oh, it's you. Hi!
You shouldn't be throwing skillshots you don't have a high percentage of landing. Your problem isn't being able to predict the enemy's movement but being too hasty.

Save up your skillshots until enemies' options are limited (they only have one good path, they're stunned/heavily slowed, distracted by a fight, etc.) before using them.

S B

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. MF's double up is what shape her character, however, her skill kit really suck compare to Caitlyn (Caitlyn's Q is long ranged, and W can be used to zone, E can escape some ganks)

I will say MF's kite need an update, I will only pick MF if the enemy is really heavy on healing/ lifesteal ability, which includes Swain, Soraka, Fiddlestick, Warwick, Udyr and sometime, Trydamere.

Build wise it is still pretty standard range AD build, IE, PD, > maybe an defensive item <, LW.

2. I don't know much about jungle Malphite, but for jungle Trundle, you want to go wriggle and mercury tread as you core, then you can try to build a Randuin Omen for the active and HoG earlier, and trinity force for damage.
Yea that's what I was afraid of, I even thought of going some hybrid to take full advantage of MF's W and E, but I still feel like straight up AD cait would outshine even that.

Thanks on the Randuins for Trundle. Warmogs Atmas; a go to when A) Fed, B) A lot of AD/Burst on the enemy team, or C) Always go Atmogs? On Trundle Btw

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post

Thanks on the Randuins for Trundle. Warmogs Atmas; a go to when A) Fed, B) A lot of AD/Burst on the enemy team, or C) Always go Atmogs? On Trundle Btw
Personally, I think atmorg create a huge period of time with 0 damage increase where you damage can be built up with other items (especially after you finish warmog but still haven't finish atma).

I do not favor on going atmorg unless the enemy are heavy on AD, and if you are fed you are usually better off buying a trinity force.

Duhizy

01-09-2012

i had a premade match with some people and the general elo of everyone other than me was around 1700. The teams we played against was also premade and their team was: morg, yorick, jarvan, corki, sona. our team was: amumu(me), vayne, taric,fizz, nasus. Early game all of my ganks were successful and we got first blood and were 4 dragons and 7 kills up. Everyone one of my lanes won;however, corki still managed to get ok farm but he was no were near our vayne.
We basically lost every team fight from that point on even on the times when i made plays and i managed to catch morg out and instagib her with my team the yorick would always show up and ult who ever we focused and the sec they managed the sona/morg ults off with us no longer able to stop them( wasted to burst her) the stun was enought to allow corki to get at least 2 of us and from that point on my amumu ult was basically always used as an escape because when i engaged we never won the fights. My question is how to deal comps that just out do us every time.imo the yorick won them the game with his ult but even so they just destroyed us when we had such a big lead.

ExecutionerK

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
My question is how to deal comps that just out do us every time.imo the yorick won them the game with his ult but even so they just destroyed us when we had such a big lead.
According to your team comp, I think Taric and Fizz is the main problem.
Taric became a stun bot after laning, and Fizz is really limited in a fight, especially when Sona and Morg are both up.

Generally to play against a team comp like this, you want to make sure you have good protection to Vayne.
If Vayne can stay in the fight, then you guys win,(here is where ranged AD skill matters) if not, you guys are screw, because Nasus still haven't hit his god tier Q damage, and the constant teamfight will keep him away from farming creeps.

GreatPyramid

01-09-2012

why do 99% of Singed players buy the retarded boots of swiftness? and then proceed to stack RoAs?

FaerellG

01-10-2012

How important is "The metagame" (the tanky dps top, ap mid, support/ranged AD bot, and jungle tank)?

I realize it can be switched around a bit, but the general concept that AP goes mid, and ranged AD goes bot is pretty static with few exceptions.

What other good lane-compositions are there that we can use? And the theory/practice behind them?

You also mentioned that in lower Elo, Support isn't as useful. I agree with that. Support just isn't useful if your ranged AD likes to go kamikaze, but what should the 5th person be if not support? What can you pick that won't compete with the ranged AD's farm?

I'm in the 1300s currently.

ExecutionerK

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPyramid View Post
why do 99% of Singed players buy the retarded boots of swiftness? and then proceed to stack RoAs?
Most Singed think they will win by running faster than the enemy, little knowing that Singed's real power is his CC reduction while being able to run into the enemy team without dying.

Mercury tread, one RoA, and Rylai will be a really good build for AP side, then Forzen Heart or FoN can be used for tanking enemy.

ExecutionerK

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
How important is "The metagame" (the tanky dps top, ap mid, support/ranged AD bot, and jungle tank)?

I realize it can be switched around a bit, but the general concept that AP goes mid, and ranged AD goes bot is pretty static with few exceptions.

What other good lane-compositions are there that we can use? And the theory/practice behind them?

You also mentioned that in lower Elo, Support isn't as useful. I agree with that. Support just isn't useful if your ranged AD likes to go kamikaze, but what should the 5th person be if not support? What can you pick that won't compete with the ranged AD's farm?

I'm in the 1300s currently.
if the 5th person doesn't want to play support, I highly suggest him to play some character with CC, since at lower ELO, you can't expect him to have 0 cs and support you, character such as Sion or Ryze who can do decent damage by just leveling up and have a CC will be nice.

newbin

01-10-2012

watching higher elo especially with commentary has helped me alot. I was 50% win chance now I'm up to 75% and going up the ladder fast with support champs. In fact I think they should add under avatars elo and/or win count to help filter bad advice.