Speed limit first 30 seconds of gates down

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

I play blind and don't really see Rammus that often.

FDru

01-09-2012

Boots of Feeding Rammus 2 gud

BinaryUnicycle

01-09-2012

I was able to play Rammus in draft mode once. Guess they hoped no one would pick him. Hehe.

Taenaryn

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corben158 View Post
Yeah its just annoying when a rammus can cap top with mobility boots and ghost before anyone can even make it to top to stop it
If he caps it before you get there, then he deserved to. I mean c'mon. YOu had three or four minutes of a loading screen to see there was a Rammus with Ghost, and none of your team had it... so no one in your team decided to take boots of speed? Did all four of you stop to cap your mid or something?

You know a Rammus is there. And you're gonna buy boots anyways, it's not like you're building outside the box here. So why didn't you?

I'm of the opinion Rammus should cap mid first anyways. He can get to mid before anyone and finish capping it before his team has even arrived at Windmill, giving him plenty of time to catch up, which he can easily do.

Teetengee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Rammus rarely can get a complete cap on top before someone from the opposing team arrives. Just take ghost and you can interrupt.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-09-2012

I run Ghost + Boots 5, MS quints, and both the 4% MS mastery in utility and the 3% MS mastery in defence.

Unless there's a Zilean on the team and he puts two points in Time Warp I'm not going to get there soon enough to capture top before anyone can stop me.

Taenaryn

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
I run Ghost + Boots 5, MS quints, and both the 4% MS mastery in utility and the 3% MS mastery in defence.

Unless there's a Zilean on the team and he puts two points in Time Warp I'm not going to get there soon enough to capture top before anyone can stop me.
I imagine that not wasn't supposed to be there? If so, then I'm not sure what you meant to say.

Assuming it was a typo and that you're talking about your Rammus... that may work well for you. I'd guess the masteries and runes are what, equal to 1/3 your ghost speed? I've no doubt it gets you around fast, faster, fastest. You're probably the fastest thing in in Dom.

I wouldn't build it.

With the two soft caps on speed, I just can't see it being worth it to use all that, when I can use my runes much more efficiently and choose better masteries. I'd rather have armor, MR or Mpen quints than movespeed. I could see choosing that setup for an already-slow champ, one whose speed would actually fully use it. It'd be fun to see Kog'Maw zooming around like a Rammus. But it would drive me nuts to see half the potential value of those quints gone just like that, plus I'd rather build up into the offensive tree than utility.

And mobility is easily countered by map awareness and planning. I'd rather have either offense or defense, thanks.

I'm not saying your build is bad. I haven't tried it so I can't say, but it probably is super fast. Just saying I wouldn't use it.

Ascleph

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I play blind and don't really see Rammus that often.
Thats because you are blind, hurhur

Helixes

01-09-2012

For what it is worth, a temporary speed cap for about 10 seconds WOULD in fact solve one of rammus's biggest imbalance issues. Granted, he can still reinforce any position on the map quickly, but this at least solves what is arguably the bigger issue since rammus himself isn't exactly a great dom champion for his combat skills.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Thats because you are blind, hurhur
I'm also playing blind pick a lot, and really, rammus isn't that big a problem. Doesn't even show up a lot of times.

And if he does, oh well, it's just rammus. He's only as scary as you psychologically are allowing him to be. He's speedy and tanky vs AD. That's all he is. An armored mouse on crack. Get a magic broom and kill him already. You know what scares me? Kassadin. I can't tell when he decides to jump in my face and probably kill me. Rammus, you can see him coming from miles away, even if you can't see him. Don't let him get to you. Yeah he's the first one to start capping wind mill. But he won't finish it by himself.

Any AP kiter/poker is the bane of rammus. If he can't powerball>taunt>dbc, than all he is is speedy. Got a slow? Now he's just a crawling ball of armor/health. And if he invested all into MS, that's all he is. he can't 1v1 any ap as he's missing critical stuff to do that.