Underrated champs.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Beats me, all I ever see are tryhards on blind pick. Its the same champs every game. I honestly like how Riot releases a new champ every 2 weeks, because honestly only **** thing I'm seeing is the same 10 champs, where there's like 90 different champ available. This is so **** sad. Only champ I found to be worthless is Ashe lol. She's just so weak and doesn't do anything and needs so much of her team to protect her while doing jack damage. All utility no damage, worse of all her slow sucks because her arrow speed drops so much by the time you hit someone, they're already in your face.

Ozlin

01-06-2012

i think taric is maybe one of the most underatted. he'd just soo **** good and everyone is just like "lol taric noob."

Tho76

01-06-2012

I find Talon very underrated by most. If a Teemo is capping a point, then a Garen is comming one way while the Talon comes the other, about 80% of the Teemo's attack the Talon. 1 burst gone FTW!

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

wat^

Talon is part of the AD assasin trinity

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-06-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshindesu View Post
What are some of the ones you've come across that really gave you an honest surprise?
so far the only one that has surprised me was trundle. i assume that most champions can do well on dominion, but (with admittedly no research) i felt that trundle had to work harder than other champions to accomplish the same things. i've seen trundle do quite well though, so now i think it's possible for him to have quite a bit of success on the map--it just requires dedication and the understanding that he isn't the same trundle as he is on summoner's rift. it took me a while to get that.

Muggsly

01-06-2012

Cass is super fun to play and what I would consider a power bot and hardly ever seen. I play her a lot with armor yellows to help with survivability and so far the only champ that can out push me early is Shyvanna. But I honestly think Shyv was custom built for dominion.

jars

01-06-2012

didn't people think warwick sucked when dominion was released? that was a big misconception

Inkyjinx

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I think Anivia is underrated. Her wall and ult can block off entire lanes
not that I condone this at all, but...

an Anivia on an opposing team walled their teams ramp at start and had bought boots +3, proceeding to wall off lanes, escapes and everything to his own team.

it was hilarious for a few minutes then we all focused Anivia hard and they quit in rage.

I always worry about Anivias now...

thepantsparty

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
so far the only one that has surprised me was trundle. i assume that most champions can do well on dominion, but (with admittedly no research) i felt that trundle had to work harder than other champions to accomplish the same things. i've seen trundle do quite well though, so now i think it's possible for him to have quite a bit of success on the map--it just requires dedication and the understanding that he isn't the same trundle as he is on summoner's rift. it took me a while to get that.
When I've tried, I've built him super tanky and pushed bot lane the whole game, which works decently with his passive, but I also build him atmogs on SR and use him more as tank/utility than damage so it wasn't a huge change. How do you play him/have seen him played? I'm open to new uses for him on Dom.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-06-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
When I've tried, I've built him super tanky and pushed bot lane the whole game, which works decently with his passive, but I also build him atmogs on SR and use him more as tank/utility than damage so it wasn't a huge change. How do you play him/have seen him played? I'm open to new uses for him on Dom.
trundle with 40% cdr and max rank contaminate and pillar can be really scary. dominion encourages him to stack attack damage (and other melee carry stats) and abuse his steroids. he can be scary in the jungle when camping, as well as be effective in team fights with proper use of pillar. as a bonus, he benefits a lot if he has a rammus to ult on the other team, and his passive + health relics can keep him healthy in battles of attrition.

it's not to say that he doesn't have weaknesses, but i think that people tend to build him how they know him (as a jungler on sr that maxes rabid bite first) and end up thinking he's weak overall as a result.