Tru something different: Fun, decent, rarely played champs/builds

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nunkuruji

Member

01-05-2012

I played Hybrid Kennen at the beginning of Dominion to average results

On that AD Eve maybe consider SotD active instead of Starks (aura may give you away as well)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-05-2012

I've done AD Gragas, he isn't too bad. But he has alot of utility and very good at killing squishies since he can chase them down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
AD Eve
Items:
Boots1 + 2 Longswords > Boots of Mobility > Brutalizer > Ghostblade > PD > Vamp Sceptor > IE > situational(usually Stark's to take advantage of her shredding)

Why it works:
With AP Eve, I always felt helpless if my front-loaded burst didn't kill something, and I felt useless since I couldn't engage enemies in skirmishes. With AD Eve, you still have all the benefits of playing this champ, but now you can eat carries and low health tankies alike.

Where to play her:
Play her as a roamer/scout. At the start of the match, go towards top via the speed shrine, but instead of going to windmill, go towards the enemy speed shrine. Cut off their mid-capper and tie them up. Under many circumstances, you should either kill them or maim them to the point where they won't be able to clean up top if your team won Windmill. From there, the map is your playground, but I highly recommend ganking their bot every minute on the minute(or as much as possible).
AD Eve - Core build Trinity Force, ??? ,???, ???, ???, ???. Seriously, pure build freedom after triforce. Any other build is wasteful compared to triforce hybrid stats, none of which are wasted and a triforce proc literally every moment its off CD. If I get my triforce before 8m I can typically build tankier DPS than the other tanky DPS champs and 1v1 just about anything as well. Stealth just becomes a gapcloser + snare at that point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

warmblodded20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-05-2012

Karma
The build: CDR, AP, tanky
this is the best order I found:
1. ionian boots
2. hextech revolver
3. glacial shroud
4. will of the ancients
5. negatron cloak
6. another hextech revolver
7. frozen heart
8. deathcap

Why it works:
look at karmas abilities, then look back at your champions. look at hers, then back at yours. hers are OP as **** in dominion, yours are not

for instance:
- retardedly high shield on a low cooldown that deals AOE burst. stand back and cast this on whoever on your team is being focused = win
- aoe heal on low cooldown = win
- stronger with low hp = win
karma is all about trolling the **** out of the enemy team with heals and shields all while chipping away at their health.

Where to play her:
- Top lane. use your abilities. easy win. just make sure to not get focused too hard yourself, be cautious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
IMO a properly built and played AP Ezreal is better than AD on Dominion. Most Ezreal's I see do well, but die when they get impatient and get into autoattack range too often. AP Ezreal removes that incentive while still hitting hard.
Ezreal is really difficult to fail with in general, the fact that he has skill shots is misleading since his big skillshot has one of the shortest cds, fastest travel times, and longest ranges of all skillshots plus his E allows easy positioning for a full "skillshot" combo. AP Ez burst is absolutely insane though, second only to LeBlanc I think, if you can land most your skill shots. If you land a full combo + ult pretty much anything will die. You can typically wall jump an AD carry and kill them from full with EWQ instantly later in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmblodded20 View Post
Karma
The build: CDR, AP, tanky
this is the best order I found:
1. ionian boots
2. hextech revolver
3. glacial shroud
4. will of the ancients
5. negatron cloak
6. another hextech revolver
7. frozen heart
8. deathcap

Why it works:
look at karmas abilities, then look back at your champions. look at hers, then back at yours. hers are OP as **** in dominion, yours are not

for instance:
- retardedly high shield on a low cooldown that deals AOE burst. stand back and cast this on whoever on your team is being focused = win
- aoe heal on low cooldown = win
- stronger with low hp = win
karma is all about trolling the **** out of the enemy team with heals and shields all while chipping away at their health.

Where to play her:
- Top lane. use your abilities. easy win. just make sure to not get focused too hard yourself, be cautious
Problem is Janna can do all of that too while being one of the most mobile roamers available.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

warmblodded20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Problem is Janna can do all of that too while being one of the most mobile roamers available.
problem is.. not really


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroyok

Senior Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
AD Eve - Core build Trinity Force, ??? ,???, ???, ???, ???. Seriously, pure build freedom after triforce. Any other build is wasteful compared to triforce hybrid stats, none of which are wasted and a triforce proc literally every moment its off CD. If I get my triforce before 8m I can typically build tankier DPS than the other tanky DPS champs and 1v1 just about anything as well. Stealth just becomes a gapcloser + snare at that point.
In Dominion, it feels to me like Tri-Force isn't as good as it is in SR on AD Eve. You get a crapton of gold in Dominion, so sure, you can afford the Tri, but Dominion games are also much shorter, so there aren't many big ticket items you can build after the Tri-Force. Instead of relying on that one item, I prefer to pick up a few other items and not rely on the Tri-Force proc effect.

PS-What's wasteful from Ghostblade, PD and IE or Sanguine?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

Senior Member

01-05-2012

cdr/hp/ap CHOGATH

rylais (YES RYLAIS, slow from Q is godly with it, and you wont always kill with ult)/abyssal/RoA/Frozenheart

= OP

For added cool, take Surge even though it's basically useless, get 6 stacks and mid buff, use Surge,
pretend you're a dinosaur


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

Senior Member

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmblodded20 View Post
problem is.. not really
Janna is a serious DPS threat on Dom. She is totally OP as an AP mage instead of support in this game mode.

I play both, and I would definately rather use Janna over Karma for a dps-support role on Dominion. CC vs no CC is not even really a question.


123