Why I quit LoL pt2: Revenge of the Nubs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Poppy, no deathcap, no lichbane

they have no long duration cc, and you have moonflair spellblade
they have like no magic resist, so you build void staff first

I see
It was clearly his team's fault

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Obviously he has no flaws.

As explained previously, it is based on your ELO.

If your ELO is below the BASE elo, then you will be placed with people who have a similar ELO. Those are people who just started because they start at base.

As such, you have a negative win-loss, which means you are under the base ELO, and so you get placed with people who might carry your bad ass.

Small sample of how you are bad:
Kage's lucky pick... so you have some more gold... really
rageblade and morello's on poppy
Rammus with thornmail and hp and mobility. Nothing else. Right
A swain with 0-1-0, most likely a ragequit
A jax building triforce
Taric with frozen mallet, frozen heart and souls hroud
WW with sword of divine
LB with 3 blasting wands.

GJ being bad, continue being bad and getting matched with people better than you, despite never playing dom before

Snuffrix

01-05-2012

You probably have 500 loses and 350 wins. More play =/= better.

Or your teammates have 10wins and 0 loses (to be extreme) its not just about number of games, it's about you normal elo (that is hidden) which is determined by how many wins you have compared to loses and how valuable your wins were if you versed teams that end up with a better chance because amtch maaking isn't perfect, it cant be, then you can gain more hidden elo to your matchmaking.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffrix View Post
You probably have 500 loses and 350 wins. More play =/= better
Umm yes it does. More play = more experience = more knowledge of ALL heroes = more knowledge of all spells abilities & items. = Put yourself in opponents shoes, what would you do if you were playing with their hero. Counter this with what you have or retreat to a more tactical position. Ultimately leading to keybinds & smartcasts.

More games played = more experience with above statement.

I used to be 300 wins 200 losses. Then I started getting continously grouped with noobs in solo q and in unranked 2-3 teamed domin.

I am probably 400 loss now to be honest, so W:L is not an accurate representation of skill, games played is more likely to display it. I have played with so many people who aren't level 30 and have less than 10 domin wins. So I dedicate about 200 of my losses to them considering I mainly play in Solo Q.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

01-05-2012

Did I mention DC's oh god how did I forget.

Ascleph

01-05-2012

I like the part where you ignored people pointing out how bad you are.

Redenbacher

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTRUCKINGRAILER View Post
Umm yes it does. More play = more experience = more knowledge of ALL heroes = more knowledge of all spells abilities & items. = Put yourself in opponents shoes, what would you do if you were playing with their hero. Counter this with what you have or retreat to a more tactical position. Ultimately leading to keybinds & smartcasts.

More games played = more experience with above statement.

I used to be 300 wins 200 losses. Then I started getting continously grouped with noobs in solo q and in unranked 2-3 teamed domin.

I am probably 400 loss now to be honest, so W:L is not an accurate representation of skill, games played is more likely to display it. I have played with so many people who aren't level 30 and have less than 10 domin wins. So I dedicate about 200 of my losses to them considering I mainly play in Solo Q.
This is completely subjective.

One person could play 300 games, while doing research on champions, learning counters, creating builds outside of the game, talking to other players and understanding the metagame. They are analyzing their mistakes and identifying means to rectify and learn from them.

Another player could play 600 games. They blame every loss on their teammates, and build glass cannon because every once in awhile, they get carried and do REALLY well, while failing miserably the rest of the time. They play LoL kind of like they are fishing for wins, never taking the time to understand how they can become a better player and teammate. They don't understand item or champion counters, nor do they care. They play the game like the average Call of Duty player: Get the Highest K/D Possible, focus on nothing else.

I am that 300 game player. I have an acquaintance that is that 600 game player. He has far more time to play many more games, I take some little extra time out of my day to learn more about the game so I can be more effective in the fewer games I actually get to play. When we are on the same team, it is blatantly obvious who the better player is.

More games, on average, may mean the player has more experience, but not necessarily more skill. Development of player skill is entirely dependent on the player's willingness and capacity to learn.

Bad teams are inevitable, however there is always room for personal improvement, no matter how bad those teammates are. If you consistently blame teammates for bad games, and you're consistently losing - YOU are the only common denominator.