Okay, Dominion. I'll admit it. You're fun.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

I'm a die-hard Summoner's Rift fan. I think the classic League of Legends game is an amazing game. I love the game mode, I even love the meta. My friends and I play all the time, queuing up in classic matches and winning most of the time.

I barely gave Dominion a try when it came out in September. My first few matches back just after release felt totally chaotic. My buddies and I had each played a few games and then we decided it was a boring game mode. To this day, we even make fun of it. We have an inside joke of: "Hey, how about we play a Dom match next?" We never do.

Dominion, however, was a good way to pass the time when waiting for my friend's SR matches to end, so I would play matches from time to time. By December, I had played 4 whole matches! But that was all Dominion was to me: a distraction until I could play a "real" match.

Then, a few weeks ago, I decided I would get my match count to 10 deliberately. Just to see what Dominion is really like. It took effort at first, but a few days ago, I realized I wanted to play another match right away...

I didn't.
I couldn't.
That was just wrong.

Classic is more fun, after all. Right?
Dominion is supposed to be bad. Right?

Then, yesterday, it happened. Match 9 was finished and I had to admit it.

This is hard to say, but I think I...
like...
Dominion.

Match 10 tonight went very well, so well that I'm willing to admit this to the forums. Gonna try my first Draft Match for number 11 now. Hope it goes well. 2 Dominion games in a row will be a new experience for me and my match history.

ProSauce VT

01-04-2012

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

I read the topic title was thinking to myself 'ha bro, i bet this guys got less than 200 wins' - click the thread don't bother reading your wall of ****. Saw you have 10 games played. Laughed hard.

Xanthic

01-04-2012

It takes time to get used to Dominion. The quick impression alot of people get at first, is that it's a mindless game mode with no strategy involved whatsoever. But there's some serious indepth strategy and skill to it once you play it enough to get there.

I love it and I play it exclusively now. Just wish they would add ranked to not only make it more interesting, but to attract a larger audience to it.

Yaladilae

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.
lies, i never got mine

Sauron

01-04-2012

Welcome to Dominion!

It could use a lot of attention from Riot post-release, but its certainly fun to play even in its current state. Draft mode carries us until the balance team finds room for Dominion on their table, which they seem adamant on doing before making a ranked ladder for it.

That's the bright side to not having ranked for it yet -- its a small community where everyone is playing for fun and basically nothing else. Its the perfect time to learn the new mode.

YoungBlade

01-04-2012

Lost that first Draft Match. Seemed like there was nothing I could do. We got completely dominated. Still a good match though. I can appreciate it when the enemy team is just flat better than my team and I.

Also, I got first pick and had to ban in draft. Is it random in the order, because I had the fewest games (obviously) so that seems like a bad idea to put me first, even if my win percentage is good. Just listened to whatever my team told me to ban. I got rid of Shaco first (knew enough to ban him), and then they said to ban Akali and Kayle. Are those good bans in Dominion?

Played a normal match after that (queue times for Draft are really long) and carried my team through a really exciting comeback. Haven't had that close of a game yet. Our nexus dropped to 50% health before we had gotten theres to 450 because our Kog didn't connect in the first 5 minutes. Managed to win it somehow. That really made me want to play another match, but alas I need to be done for now.

3 Dom matches in a row. Never thought my match history would have that on it...

D3210210

01-04-2012

Welcome!
I love dominion myself.

I took a break from LoL because I somehow got coaxed into playing WoW for a couple months. When I came back, dominion was out so I thought I'd give it a go. It sort of combined what I liked from WoW PvP into the game that I love.
It allows you to play champs in different ways.
It allows to play champs that would (in a normal game) would hurt your chances at winning. (Heimerdinger)

It's definitely a different game, that requires a different approach to runes, masteries, champ selection and item builds.

My friends have to convince to play normals over dom now, I just enjoy it that much.

Glad to have more people to play with.

FDru

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Welcome to Dominion!

It could use a lot of attention from Riot post-release, but its certainly fun to play even in its current state. Draft mode carries us until the balance team finds room for Dominion on their table, which they seem adamant on doing before making a ranked ladder for it.

That's the bright side to not having ranked for it yet -- its a small community where everyone is playing for fun and basically nothing else. Its the perfect time to learn the new mode.
Pffft. No fun allowed here! Can't allow it, sorry.
(Seriously though... if you see me in solo queue, prepare for rage. lol)

I personally believe that they're just trying to drum up more interest in Dominion before ranked. As it is there's so few "high end" players (as in, those who take Dom seriously) that it would probably be detrimental to add another mode or two.

ActionButlerGO

01-04-2012

Welcome to the fold.