Tell me about Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asmonok

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yorick has cooldowns?
That 4 seconds on his Q/W and 3 seconds on his E is clearly the massive window you need to drop him. Seeing as how Yorick is so squishy 3 seconds is all you need to decimate him.

Tale Feather

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Considering his poke heals for more then any other champion's poke...
Not even close to true.

A halway decent Ahri is a hard counter to Yorick, her poke not only out-ranges and out damages his initial damage but a smart Ahri will start bot with Hextec revolver (+mana pots) and out sustain him.

Harass him more towards the bottom of the screen and use charm and W to deny him health relic.

Alternatively, Ahri can go catalyst to much the same results.

For AD carries, as said before, go lifesteal, you will out-sustain his poke, and out poke his sustain. Same method of denying health relic.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Been killing every yorick with AD carries for awhile now. You knock him back to his point and poke him down till he h as to b. then take the point.

TouchinMyself

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
apparently no1 in this thread has heard of waiting for his cooldowns to be down.

ganking a yorick with all his spells up is silly. let bot harass till he uses his spells, THEN gank him. there. yorick is now useless and cant do anything but die.
Apparently you have not actually looked at his cooldowns... You really think ganking him in that 2-3 second window is going to help you?

TouchinMyself

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmonok View Post
That 4 seconds on his Q/W and 3 seconds on his E is clearly the massive window you need to drop him. Seeing as how Yorick is so squishy 3 seconds is all you need to decimate him.
Sarcasm? I hope so...

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
Been killing every yorick with AD carries for awhile now. You knock him back to his point and poke him down till he h as to b. then take the point.
Yup, i've noticed this too. Yorick has a hard time vs a proper Vayne. I'm not sure what her knockback move is called, but that combined with the tumble, made it impossible for me(playing yorick with mild proficiency) to close in on her to start that yorick 1 man gank.

Having only W and E is not enough against vayne, as yorick is mainly about "move forward". Yorick can't start to exchange blows on his terms, having him to retreat, which works in favor of vayne.

I'm not sure if it only happened to me these 2 times, but i think this will happen to me every time. Funny thing is, even if i got killed many times over, she could not handle the push, and lost her point to the minions, after she killed me.

larkhill

01-02-2012

yorick is pretty scary late game but early game, he's useless. he has no sustain and he has no wave clearing ability. a heavy push will basically take him out.

if i see a yorick, i instantly go promote morgana if at all possible. first wave i use promote and push the wave. yorick cant go a thing about it.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
yorick is pretty scary late game but early game, he's useless. he has no sustain and he has no wave clearing ability. a heavy push will basically take him out.

if i see a yorick, i instantly go promote morgana if at all possible. first wave i use promote and push the wave. yorick cant go a thing about it.
Except take promote himself, wait until you promote, and start out with prospector blade and boots. He clears the wave within a couple of seconds, right from the start. Having only to worry about the Dark Binding, as you mentioned to push the lane, i assume that that will be done using Tormented Soil.

Any yorick can save his Pestilence to catch the Dark Binding. Actually, he'll most probably not even care to catch the dark binding him self. Dark binding will hurt for around 200 damage at most. Yorick has 100 AD if he starts with Prospectors. If he can land famine on Morgana he'll heal back around 100 health. But if he can land Famine, he can also land Pestilence. Now morgana has a cooldown, and yorick is free again, and still has War up his sleeve, so now morgana MUST run, or face War+Famine+Yorick.

I've been up against a fair share of morgana's, and it pretty much ended always in this. Morgana on the run, yorick chasing. Yorick either catches up before she made it to her control point and kills her, or she just got away and he goes back to what he does best, pushing like a boss.

It's the people where he can't start this yorick bash combo that keeps him from going out of control. Vayne does a good job, as she can maintain the distance. Nasus with wither does a very good job too.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

So why exactly is Yorick a braindead champion that takes no skill to play? I mean, by that standard cant you say the same thing about most champions in LoL?

OMG Yorick just casts W,E on me over and over. Then occasionally exhausts, Q, and beats someone down.

Ok, well... Maokai just tosses sapling after sapling, then occasionally roots, nuke combo.

Vayne just tumbles around dinking the players then knocks them back if they get close. Yawn.

Soroka mindlessly spams Silence and Starfall. zzzz....

Heimer drops turrets and spams Rocket...occasionally tosses a grenade. wow.

Cass spams poison blast and pushes the creeps forward. If she hits an enemy, she furiously mashes Serpent Tooth.

And so forth... I mean, who is so freaking complicated and great in LoL that requires all this amazing genius skill to play?

BeelzeBuff

01-05-2012

yorick is hard to play. maybe not as hard as a pure skillshot champ, but he definitely takes time to get used to. try him if you don't believe me.

sounds crazy, but as yorick ive always had problems with heimer, and even alot of AD carries can tear through me. as yorick i prefer to harass then go in for the kill.

#1 if he drops Pestilence on you (AoE slow), don't worry, it didnt do much damage at all. But it DOES mean he's gonna run after your ass and tag you with War- and THAT will hurt. just watch out for his combos.