Best Solo Top

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icias

12-26-2011

I'm looking to buy my next solo top and im caught between Renekton, Riven, Shyvanna, Morde, or Yorick.

Which one should I choose and why?

Thank you in advance!

Hiko SeijuroXIII

12-26-2011

Yorick is the best one out of all those but u need specific runes and masteries. Rumble is also really good

Icias

12-26-2011

I have all the ones i didnt mention but thank you

MauJustice

12-27-2011

Well I think Irelia is one of the best and she's free to play this week.

Between your chioces...Shyvana is very good at winning her lane...Renekton is a blast to play but he's a little UP. He's only good for counter-picking, because he has a lot of bad matchups.

Riven and Yorick are borderline OP, both would be top tier for solo.

Icias

12-27-2011

Like i said I have all of the ones i didnt mention but thank you i will definatly be choosing yorick or riven now

Queen Sejuani

12-27-2011

Pick either Yorick or Renekton

IDrunkenOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

wukong

Omfg Devin

12-27-2011

gankplank is pretty great top, even 2 vs 1. i find with my 41% crit damage runes, most people will back way off of their creeps after one parrrley crit.

Intsikandy

12-27-2011

Mordekaiser is a great mid atm with his ability to farm and deny neutral camps and sheer sustain, so I wouldn't put him top lane from this unless you're running double AP, in which case in which would be beneficial since WoTA is core on him anyway. Safe bets are always Garen, Udyr, GP and Cho Gath since they have so much natural sustain. Garen can guaruntee early game dominance and counters many stealth champions and gankers that are dependant on slows, but he falls off mid and late-game if not dominating his lane, and falls off completely mid game as a DPS. The best champs to play with just no truly off-putting counters would be Udyr, GP, and Cho Gath. Riven is a great sustainy, escape, chasing champion, and the lack of the need of mana and good base stats and a lot of utility make her a great pick top, but you really need to count your cooldowns and plan out your plays with her, so hse's one of the champions that snowball very well with farm, but she will fall off painfully if you just don't know her mechanics very well. Wukong is falry weak in sustain, but has good damage and survivability, he can go toe to toe with most non-sustaining top laners, but he falls short until he can get his mana and sustain items like a sheen or philo stone, or wriggles. Renekton is a good choice, with lots of utility, sustain, and AoE burst damage, and is pretty well-rounded, but a lot of terribad players give him a bad reputation. Nasus is also a fairly weak top laner that never really truly dominates his lane, but you just sit there, make sure your tower doesn't die and farm your Q for 45 minutes so you can rush your tank items and triforce. Shyvana is okay in every way, she doesn't really have a good escape or CC, her sustain comes from her stupidly high base stats, and the fact she does tons of damage. She can definitely hold lane though, which is pretty much the overall goal of most top laners: hold your lane, and farm.Yorick is, very poor in the sustain, you pretty much can't play him without mana items until late game, and even then, he's forced to spam spells like a maniac, and runs short of mana all the time, he's a very iffy pick top in that his sustain is bad to mediocre, and his mana usage is ungodly, but he makes up for it with his late-game damage and utility, he's pretty much forced to build mana and sustain items, otherwise his lane will pay for it.

Dyscolus

12-27-2011

GP is one hell of a solid solo top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intsikandy View Post
Mordekaiser is a great mid atm with his ability to farm and deny neutral camps and sheer sustain, so I wouldn't put him top lane from this unless you're running double AP, in which case in which would be beneficial since WoTA is core on him anyway. Safe bets are always Garen, Udyr, GP and Cho Gath since they have so much natural sustain. Garen can guaruntee early game dominance and counters many stealth champions and gankers that are dependant on slows, but he falls off mid and late-game if not dominating his lane, and falls off completely mid game as a DPS. The best champs to play with just no truly off-putting counters would be Udyr, GP, and Cho Gath. Riven is a great sustainy, escape, chasing champion, and the lack of the need of mana and good base stats and a lot of utility make her a great pick top, but you really need to count your cooldowns and plan out your plays with her, so hse's one of the champions that snowball very well with farm, but she will fall off painfully if you just don't know her mechanics very well. Wukong is falry weak in sustain, but has good damage and survivability, he can go toe to toe with most non-sustaining top laners, but he falls short until he can get his mana and sustain items like a sheen or philo stone, or wriggles. Renekton is a good choice, with lots of utility, sustain, and AoE burst damage, and is pretty well-rounded, but a lot of terribad players give him a bad reputation. Nasus is also a fairly weak top laner that never really truly dominates his lane, but you just sit there, make sure your tower doesn't die and farm your Q for 45 minutes so you can rush your tank items and triforce. Shyvana is okay in every way, she doesn't really have a good escape or CC, her sustain comes from her stupidly high base stats, and the fact she does tons of damage. She can definitely hold lane though, which is pretty much the overall goal of most top laners: hold your lane, and farm.Yorick is, very poor in the sustain, you pretty much can't play him without mana items until late game, and even then, he's forced to spam spells like a maniac, and runs short of mana all the time, he's a very iffy pick top in that his sustain is bad to mediocre, and his mana usage is ungodly, but he makes up for it with his late-game damage and utility, he's pretty much forced to build mana and sustain items, otherwise his lane will pay for it.
You wrote too much, no paragraph... I ain't reading this.

12345 ... 11