Don't you love AFK'ers/People who leave?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adelvos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

The ONLY reason I ever leave a game is if

1) My parents call me for something

2) Said parents give me a chore when they call me.

3) The bathroom, obviously.

4) It's time to eat ( And my parents aren't patient with LoL games when it comes to eating time)

Even if I DO leave, I ALWAYS try to come back. I mean my last game I had to go eat and when I came back ( Because I DID come back) I got banned -.-. I don't think Riot thought about these points when they made the rule.

R3druMz

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelvos View Post
The ONLY reason I ever leave a game is if

1) My parents call me for something

2) Said parents give me a chore when they call me.

3) The bathroom, obviously.

4) It's time to eat ( And my parents aren't patient with LoL games when it comes to eating time)

Even if I DO leave, I ALWAYS try to come back. I mean my last game I had to go eat and when I came back ( Because I DID come back) I got banned -.-. I don't think Riot thought about these points when they made the rule.

no they were thinking about a house with 10 gamers living there on wale-fare with nothing better to do then commit to a game!!!

Adelvos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3druMz View Post
no they were thinking about a house with 10 gamers living there on wale-fare with nothing better to do then commit to a game!!!
Yep. Exactly.

Damaar

12-23-2011

lol, i think your being a little dramatic. You're not going to get banned for leaving a single game and anyone claiming that is full of it. Alot of us have things to do and real life can get in the way of a game which is perfectly normal.

If your leaving games so frequently because of real life that you're getting dozens and dozens of reports and eventually getting in trouble for it then maybe you should take a look at your surroundings for 30 seconds before you click play.

It's very easy to go hmm, it's so and so time and these people are home, do I have a free 30-45 minutes to play this game or is there a good chance something is about to make me get off the computer. If you notice it's about dinner time and people are finishing cooking or it's the time of day family gets home and things happen or whatever your issue is you can avoid this problem half the time.

If the game had no leaver penalty of any kind it would be way to easy for a small group of trolls to pretty much ruin the entire game without any kind of a buffer or any repercussion.

Adelvos

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaar View Post
lol, i think your being a little dramatic. You're not going to get banned for leaving a single game and anyone claiming that is full of it. Alot of us have things to do and real life can get in the way of a game which is perfectly normal.

If your leaving games so frequently because of real life that you're getting dozens and dozens of reports and eventually getting in trouble for it then maybe you should take a look at your surroundings for 30 seconds before you click play.

It's very easy to go hmm, it's so and so time and these people are home, do I have a free 30-45 minutes to play this game or is there a good chance something is about to make me get off the computer. If you notice it's about dinner time and people are finishing cooking or it's the time of day family gets home and things happen or whatever your issue is you can avoid this problem half the time.

If the game had no leaver penalty of any kind it would be way to easy for a small group of trolls to pretty much ruin the entire game without any kind of a buffer or any repercussion.
I think you're right on most of those points, but even when I check around as you suggest, and I have enough time, something pops up. Like say I'm alone at my house and i'm like ok cool I can do whatever i want. So I start a game of LoL and then X person calls home to say that Y thing is gonna happen and that they're coming home in about 5 minutes. I then proceed to go FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU and I HAVE to do X chore or whatever. and idk why, but these days it happens a lot more regularly. I also think people report without saying to themselves: Was that person trolling during the match, or being an asset to the team? Does his ping say that he has a stable connection? Maybe something happened in real life to make that person quit during that time? It just seems like most players have their finger glued on the report button and as SOON as somebody sneezes wrongly, BAM.

MikeMilitar

12-23-2011

well. if the guys leave without saying anything prolly something happened:
his parents/wife/dog kicked his/her ass.
The house exploded.
The roof went on fire.
The internet went down.
Or they simply didn't wanted to play more.
We all know how bad it is to have a leaver/afk at the team, so lets learn and don't do it ourselves. They will eventually stop it(or get banned). Hang in there bro, the storm always go away sometime.

axcers

12-23-2011

I'm alway with minimum 2 feeders that do like 1/10 and i'm pretty decent...

Doowa

12-24-2011

ANYONE leaving a game for whatever reason is ruining the game for 9 other ppl. Is this fair? Is YOUR time more valuable then others? No way my friend, no f... way.

Yes, your Internet can go down, game crash ect that's legit, but when you leave just because you can/ dont wanna play cause whatever or because you can't manage your time (dinner ect.) you're simply being an ass and deserve to be punished. Your time is not more valuable then mine or the guy next to you. Grow up.

/rant off

Ezeker

12-24-2011

leavers <3

Taylion

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3druMz View Post
well yo i have to admit i leave games but put yourself in my shoes this is how the game is going...

i get mid with karthus vs morgana

we got a 2v2 bot and 1v1 top and our jungle noc keeps going dc.

im dominating mid lane cuz their morgana cant aim stun for **** so things are going well for me, all of a sudden !!! ( i checked mini map like i swear literaly 20 sec ago and all was ok) i got a leesing ( jungle) and a renekton in mid lane with me and a morgana trying to get closer lol ( no mia calls) so ok i die, no prob, i complain to team to call mia and get back, not another 2 minutes go by and i got a galio in my lane ( thats a bot mia missed) so i town, i get back and i have the fine folks from bot in my lane helping out, except there not leaving when i get back and there eating minions o.O ( my lane is back @ just morgana in it btw ..) so yeah i left!!!

got fed up !!!

Sounds to me like you were experiencing a completely normal game and then decided to **** everyone by being a total ******bag.

People don't call MIA very often in soloq-land. Neither do they turn around and trek back to their own lane the instant you get back, because they already took a time penalty to come to yours.
I'm not saying that it's GOOD, just that it's 95%+ of the games you will see in soloq.

If someone is just plain ubad; then do what you can to help.
If someone is a troll/afk/leaver then you do whatever you can to get them banned.

Thus... here's to hoping that I get to vote you into tribunal!