Scale of 1-4, how excited would you be to try out this game mode?

4 - Heck yea! Sounds like alot of fun! 99 70.21%
3 - I'd be interested to try different builds occasionally. 21 14.89%
2 - Eh, i don't care. 7 4.96%
1 - Sounds stupid. 14 9.93%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Infinite Gold Custom Game Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChewyReloaded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I almost never really post forum threads on here, but several other summoners and I have been throwing this idea around for months. In other games similar to LoL, custom game modes are available in which an infinite number of resources are available to the players from the start.

So we thought of how entertaining, informative, and industrious this game mode would be for LoL players. Imagine a mode where from the start, either every item in the store is free, or you have infinite gold to buy whatever you wish as many times as you wish.

This would be a quick and easy way for players to compare the efficacy of builds in a variety of situations with different champions, and could add great value and information to the strategy used in actual games. Imagine the amount of information we could garner from this mode for the community.

As of now, there is no true efficient way to test out builds for champions, besides real matches or spending hours in mind-numbing customs just trying to farm enough gold to buy the item set you want to test out. Item builds are such a crucial part of League of Legends, there should be a mode in which we can test out sets and item components outside of 45min matches.

What do you, the LoL community, think about this suggestion?

Masked Otter

12-21-2011

Heck yah i LOVE fish!

WinstonWonderlnd

12-21-2011

would you start out at lvl 18 as well?

Rezistance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

If you start at level 18 (where you are likely to have farmed enough gold for all these items) it would be a useful end game simulation. Otherwise so much of the game depends upon how you play with lesser gear and during the purchasing of items as you level, that starting out with everything you want to buy at level 1 is of minimal use in practicing. The game grows and evolves in each match, starting out able to get every item is not going to help you pace your characters evolution and growth in power each game.
Just my thought, it would still be a rather fun game type I think!

TKE LcB

12-21-2011

Two words: Bad Ass

Allure

12-21-2011

No Need for support xP

Drakthos

12-21-2011

It would also lead to quite fun games and in my opinion, its definitely something i would love to do when i have a couple of free minutes, instead of loading up a custom with malphite bot and annie bot =/

simpledeath213

12-21-2011

eh rather then give inf money or free items givea bonus to how much money you get per 10 like make it so this game mode gives 50 gold in 10seconds every 10seconds. would make it better hten you wouldnt just beable to farm free ip from custom games like people alrdy do. with this free item stuff you could end a game in 5-10 min with ease and get mass amounts of wins and ip for doing nothing

Nazak136

12-21-2011

I would always love to see my AD sona fully built!

ChewyReloaded

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpledeath213 View Post
eh rather then give inf money or free items givea bonus to how much money you get per 10 like make it so this game mode gives 50 gold in 10seconds every 10seconds. would make it better hten you wouldnt just beable to farm free ip from custom games like people alrdy do. with this free item stuff you could end a game in 5-10 min with ease and get mass amounts of wins and ip for doing nothing

well the idea would be that these games would be solely for playing and testing purposes, so therefore you would get 0 IP for these games