The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Nice. =]

Buttocks Daddy

12-21-2011

Tribunal makes me mad at my humanity, and when i only get 5ip per vote with the majority it's simply not worth it.

Im A God

12-21-2011

wow nice
league is so mainstream now

hi12473

12-21-2011

Tribunal isn't all about the IP...

Vlps

12-21-2011

94% of people in tribunal get punished not pardoned? seems excessive

Gimpington

12-21-2011

And this is why you never trust stats gentlemen. "Offenders lose games" is a lie. The real and more logical interpretation of offenders being on the losing team is "Losing creates/brings out offenders".

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

All those 1% didn't deserve it I'm sure. (rolls eyes)

Making the league a better place.

bARRtender

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpington View Post
And this is why you never trust stats gentlemen. "Offenders lose games" is a lie. The real and more logical interpretation is "Losing creates/brings out offenders".
Yeah some of these are terrible.

Edit to be more specific:
"Average reports for average one-time offender" is not a good metric. It should be total # of reports / # of games played. If someone is reported 100 times that looks bad, but if it's over 100million games (unrealistic number, but my point is here) it would show they're actually a great citizen.

"Offenders lose games" is also skewed. People don't get upset as often when they win as opposed to when they lose. Thus the losing team is more likely to report someone on their team. ALSO, of course intentional feeders will lose, that's just obvious.

"Offenders make bad teammates" is again a worthless statistic. If someone plays poorly I would expect the people who were negatively impacted to report much more frequently than those who were positively impacted. Sure, the winners didn't play a close match, but they won which is fun (or at least not unfun) in it's own right. Also team chat is a lot more common than all chat, so if someone is cursing their own team only 4/9 possible reporters can see it whereas if they're cursing up a storm in all chat 9/9 can see it.

Finally, if:
a)16,000,000 votes have been cast and
b) 5 IP goes to the people who voted with the majority in the case and
c) 80,000,000 IP has been rewarded
d)16,000,000 * 5 = 80,000,000
-> Every single one of those 16,000,000 votes was with the majority.

I find that last one hard to believe.

Riot, you need to hire someone who cares about statistics.

Edit2: I just reposted this because it was buried as soon as I edited this in. Also to bump this thread.

loltankkanye

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Tribunal has hurt me many times :C

Erekai

12-21-2011

I kinda forgot the Tribunal existed... I used to do cases at work in order to squeeze a few more IP on my account every day, but I stopped because it made me feel sick for the LoL community that there are people like that out there. D: