Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaniel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

This really sucks, because I have purchased EVERY SINGLE SKIN in the entire game, except for 3. Two from Holiday 2009 and 1 from the Olympics. Now I'll never be able to complete my collection... I've given you all so much money, and you can't even help me olut with 3 measly skins. Well, enjoy the paycheck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinnie

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echorion View Post
I feel like I was tricked into buying these.
And it is fine that they will "Refund" the RP I spent, but the thing is, I spent DOLLARS getting the IP so that I could use it for said skins. I never would have spent that money otherwise, and Riot will just add the RP back into my account, they won't really refund my purchase amount.
Yeah I can see how this can be a problem, does riot refund money for rp? Not sure how that would work if you used an rp card.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetsuKat

Junior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Riot saw that there was a huge demand for old skins, but realized they couldn't resell old ones without betraying their more veteran players. Seems like a good solution imo.
It's a good solution, but it demonstrates the can-of-worms that permanent-exclusivity opens to begin with. It fosters horrible player attitudes, and it hedged Riot into a situation where "loyalty" and sticking-to-their-word required locking players out of still-present game content, while insufficiently satisfying the people they're trying to.

Quote:
Although I'm glad the limited skins I've purchased are still limited, kind of disappointed that future holiday/event skins will no longer be limited. Guess I don't have to worry about a skin never being available or limited anymore which in turn means that I'm no longer interested in purchasing them.
Quote:
This is extremely flawed because what if someone joined the league after the event happened? thats ****ed up for me cause I would buy most of the skins if they were available to me for purchase.

Quote:
That's your problem.

Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean everyone who bought a limited skin should get ****ed over.
Attitudes like this among customers make for really messy situations, but companies draw them in with things like "Limited Skins". I fail to see how it "screws you over" for other players to be able to acquire the same character-skin you did - unless you only wanted it because you thought they wouldn't be able to, which apparently applies to a good deal of people.


Mind you, I'm not saying this because 'zomg I want limited skins'. I can't think of any off-hand that I'd even be interested in. But there's plenty of people that have gotten "screwed out of" actual game content (as opposed to exclusivity-related ego) this way. A lot of these are long-time players who regret missing the chance to buy them; this isn't just a matter of veteran vs. new players. Riot took the chance for up-front revenue, by enticing "Limited Edition" purchases, in exchange for having to clean up the PR mess later. And to be honest they're doing an okay job at it.

Not gonna chastise -or- congratulate Riot here. It's more like "you made your bed, and now you're doing a professional, diplomatic job of lying in it".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echorion

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Yeah I can see how this can be a problem, does riot refund money for rp? Not sure how that would work if you used an rp card.
Not really, but there are plenty of methods, there is no counter monetary contact, the difficulty would be too great for them to do this anytime someone had a problem tbh.

I fully understand WHY they won't, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GalkaRDM

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
This really sucks, because I have purchased EVERY SINGLE SKIN in the entire game, except for 3. Two from Holiday 2009 and 1 from the Olympics. Now I'll never be able to complete my collection... I've given you all so much money, and you can't even help me olut with 3 measly skins. Well, enjoy the paycheck.
Until Legacy skins were mentioned you had the knowledge that the missing skins would like remain missing forever, how does this new information change anything?

People will whine about anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevensor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-20-2011

Hm just a question.

Since as I am quite sure (after reading the Riotposts) the old Holyday Skins (meaning b4 Snowdown '11) are Limited and will NEVER ever reappear again.

Now since I play this game not since the beginning (sadly :P) I never even could have gotten the chance to get some of these limited skins. though there would be some (okay... just ONE) I absolutely want. (Silent night Sona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If I think about it, there could be other players who start the game now, and can't get the Holiday skins from this Snowdown, but they get at least the chance, to buy them somewhen after, but for me it's absolutely too late. How is that fair?! Riot why?!!!! I would god **** sell my soul for that Sona skin...

PS: I still love u Riot, but an answer would be nice.

PPS: Yeah, I love u cause I'm a Sona player and Sona is very nice. ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Max Jax Smacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Can we get refunds then for this mis-communication, I feel cheated


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShooterDudeLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

I agree with MestuKat. I honestly just don't understand why people feel offended just because "their" skin is able to be bought buy someone else. Well, newsflash, you aren't the only one with the skin, there's thousands of others with it as well. Just seems extremely petty and egotistical to me. Honestly I think all the skins should be available all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiátor View Post
Can we get refunds then for this mis-communication, I feel cheated
Why? Did your skin suddenly disappear or look worse or hinder your ability to play the game in any was shape or form whatsoever?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S Train67

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevensor View Post
Hm just a question.

Since as I am quite sure (after reading the Riotposts) the old Holyday Skins (meaning b4 Snowdown '11) are Limited and will NEVER ever reappear again.

Now since I play this game not since the beginning (sadly :P) I never even could have gotten the chance to get some of these limited skins. though there would be some (okay... just ONE) I absolutely want. (Silent night Sona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If I think about it, there could be other players who start the game now, and can't get the Holiday skins from this Snowdown, but they get at least the chance, to buy them somewhen after, but for me it's absolutely too late. How is that fair?! Riot why?!!!! I would god **** sell my soul for that Sona skin...

PS: I still love u Riot, but an answer would be nice.

PPS: Yeah, I love u cause I'm a Sona player and Sona is very nice. ^^
This is the real problem in the situation. They truly need to either allow them all to be sold again at some point or never again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gluecks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

12-20-2011

Question:

So are there never gonna be Limited Skins again other than those that are obtained through events such as PAX?