How much IP do you get for participating in the Tribunal?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So So SuBLiMiNaL

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
When a case is finished, if it has a clear majority or either Punish or Pardon, it is lumped into that category. Those who voted with the majority would be considered "right" in their voting. Therefore, it is assumed that more people will vote correctly than not, and if you vote with that majority (which should be correct) then you are correct too and are rewarded.

As for the case you bring up, it has nothing to do with the Tribunal being broken. That report would have gotten made either way, the difference is that instead of a Riot guy looking through every report, we have the chance to decide if it is a valid complaint or not, and if it is, then Riot can look at it and decide if that Trundle should be punished. If he reported Anivia for the trolling, she will come up in Tribunal also, but you didn't receive that case. If you believe that the report on Trundle was false/incorrect, you are there to Pardon it and make sure that guy doesn't get in trouble. That is the point of the Tribunal, and I don't see how it is broken.
It's broken because you can't SEE in-game behavior from the tribunal.
And the Tribunal is broken because most people will see what Trundle did as wrong because he used "curse" words. That's all that showed in the chats, him freaking out, but what you don't see is the pathetic in-game actions of this Anivia.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

I agree that Tribunal would be improved if it provided more information, don't think that I disagree with that. However, even if provoked, if Trundle broke the rules then he broke the rules. It is his responsibility to take care of himself. You are correct that in that case Anivia may not seem at fault if she didn't say anything suspicious in chat, but if she does things like that often and people report her for it her case will be a little clearer. Having 6 reports all for wall-trolling is pretty suspicious, even if she didn't say anything wrong.

Hynnmonzeek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by So So SuBLiMiNaL View Post
How do you judge "right?"
I've done the tribunal for 1 hour today and so far all it has been is tons of racism/cursing.

But I have to admit, the tribunal is broken. I judged a case today where a Trundle got reported by a troll. The Anivia on his team was using her ice wall to block him off whenever he was being chased by the enemy team. His instant reaction was pretty basic (one most of us would go to). Basically he told the Anivia to f**k off and stop trolling (I admit he got a bit excessive with his swearing and he should have just /ignored her and went on with his life) but if anybody deserves to get banned it should be the troll (Anivia) not the poor guy who simply reacted.
Then don't punish that person for it, that is the whole point. People are being judged and Riot will be fair and do what is right not just based on what we say in the tribunal but also how they look at it. I think it's great that Riot is doing this because there have been to many times where people get away with doing what ever they want (cursing, feeding, afk, etc.). I don't think its broken.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

12-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

While calculating the IP gain for the Tribunal we wanted to keep IP gain at roughly the same rate of game play, which if you look at the time required to do 10 Tribunal tickets, is comparable. If you vote correctly on all of your ten cases, if this is your allotted amount, you will receive 50IP for ten minutes of time and for creating a more favorable experience for your peers.

Wrong votes do not get an IP reward and continuous incorrect punishes can cause you to lose your right to vote in the Tribunal.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador

Vichar

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
While calculating the IP gain for the Tribunal we wanted to keep IP gain at roughly the same rate of game play, which if you look at the time required to do 10 Tribunal tickets, is comparable. If you vote correctly on all of your ten cases, if this is your allotted amount, you will receive 50IP for ten minutes of time and for creating a more favorable experience for your peers.

Wrong votes do not get an IP reward and continuous incorrect punishes can cause you to lose your right to vote in the Tribunal.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
I like that! You're implying that incorrect pardons cannot cause me to lose the right to vote in the Tribunal, right? That seems like exactly the right way to go. I pardon people all the time when I have a reasonable doubt in my head.

Byerley

12-19-2011

Quote:
continuous incorrect punishes can cause you to lose your right to vote in the Tribunal.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
Are you going to deny that incorrect pardons also reduce your caseload?

Juzt

12-19-2011

I haven't been getting any IP for awhile now ( Notices in the mail). I do the tribunal everyday

Iv'e pardoned allot of cases due to ridiculous amount of cases with just 1-3 reports for minor issue that shouldn't be punish for anything.

I have great judgmental on cases but from now on i'm gonna put a stop to being lenient on some cases from now on.

Lord Ferret

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzt View Post
I haven't been getting any IP for awhile now. I do the tribunal everyday

Iv'e pardoned allot of cases due to ridiculous amount of cases with just 1-3 reports for minor issue that shouldn't be punish for anything. I have great judgmental on cases but from now on i'm gonna start punishing cases more often.
It takes a while some times weeks for you to get your email. It will be a majority of them clumped together. Dont fret . It will come.

reign101

12-22-2011

The Tribunal is great its get rid of those trolls and abusers ingame making it funner for you!

Showdang

12-22-2011

Quote:

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
50 IP = 10 cases = 20 minues = 2 minutes per case

In other words, you wait for the 2 minute timer and then vote. You don't take 3 minutes or 4 minutes or longer to read through the chat carefully.

wow

12345612 ... 16