Announcer is great

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muusbolla

07-23-2009

Dude, he said "the queen". As in the Queen of England. Duh.

Sivvy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2009

Well thats why I said "if", in case I just misinterprated it.

Steel7

07-25-2009

An option to turn off the repetitive, irritating "owned"/"owning" sound that is played at EVERY kill would be much appreciated. I don't mind the "first kill", "double kill", "triple kill", "killing spree", etc., but hearing that voice every minute just gets old fast.

On that topic, it would be nice if we also had the option to integrate the kill-death reporting into the chat menu instead of having a pop-up. The pop-up seems to me to be a bit too intrusive and unnecessary.

Lord Thanatos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2009

I hate the announcer. He has a NORMAL voice...he is just a guy...who's voice is a bit tweaked and has only one TONE. The Unreal Tournament sounds from DotA are A LOT BETTER.

A big big boo to the announcer from me.

I would suggest not one announcer (as in once voice) but multiple voices: for example Owned should be said similar to the Unread Tournament Voice.... Godlike with a powerful and strong voice ... Massacre with a maniac tone voice.

BagofJewGold

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel7 View Post
On that topic, it would be nice if we also had the option to integrate the kill-death reporting into the chat menu instead of having a pop-up. The pop-up seems to me to be a bit too intrusive and unnecessary.
I second the above statement. I found it hard in team battles to continue to fight after a kill/death because the notification was in the way. I love the movable chat window, and I think it would be great to have the kill/death notification in that window instead of taking up a good portion of the screen.

I also think that the announcer gets annoying, and vote for a more DotA style announcer (or options to turn off announcer for every kill).

Loving the game, great work so far!

765Immortal

07-29-2009

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about the announcer.

I understand that it wouldn't be fitting to have a hardcore announcer like Quake.

I think the announcer is trying to imitate Grand Theft Auto 1 with the kind of game-show announcer voice. But, it's not working.

I'd say go with ridiculous and obnoxious. Arnold Schwarzenegger + Sean Connery + Lots of outburst shouting and witty comments (like Mortal Kombat's "wooopsy!").

In fact, I'm just going to make a list of people to emulate:

Senator Ted Stevens
Scat Man
Rednex
James Hetfield (kill an enemy champion, "OOOH YEAH!")
The Wolfe Tones
John Mayer....singing (you know it would be amazing)
Edit: even better than the last one, Michael Jackson ( "owned, eh huu huuu!")

Edit: No. The announcer should not be female because Valve has already done it perfectly. Every other female announcer is fail, period.

Riptwisted

07-29-2009

I think it would be great to hear "The Queen" as an announcer. maybe a different one per battle field instead of a different voice for each thing said.

Rev

Adjudicator

07-29-2009

I'm somewhat fond of the announcer, but I also think it might be pretty awesome if the champion who got the kill did they're own verbal announcement/taunt instead.

Kazuz

Master Recruiter

07-29-2009

Annie voice announcer, imagine her voice saying owned, godlike, and beyond godlike, and giggles after.

CaptHarlock

07-29-2009

Or get Mr. T to do the announcer. I PITY THE FOOL!!!