Who Thinks They Should Make Tryndamere Less OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffy1

12-16-2011

best way to beat him, use all your smaller nukes to wittle him down and one he gets down to 30% or so toss your BIG nuke at him to insta kill him since trynds wont try and ult till they are about to die. ive killed many trynds with my ap shaco by just deathfire/shiv/lichbane from pointblank while they farm, he has no time to ult.

LancerXXX

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatet View Post
Threse Trynd posts never go away....

If you think Trynds OP, you should see my endless rage thats being fed by these noob posts.
Agreed. One good exhaust, GG. Cleanse? One good stun, GG. And to the person who said that a team can't fight a 2v4, why is it a 2v4, and why not? If the team was remotely decent, they would throw an Exhaust on the Tryndamere, and good luck killing more than one person if they have a half-decent tank (which most solo queue teams don't).

Karthus snowballs just as hard as Tryndamere into late-game, so why is he not OP? Hmm?
Massive DPS, scaling hard? Check, and Karthus' is AoE and scales slightly harder: AP costs half as much as AD, AD is on a 1.0 ratio, AP is on a 0.6 ratio. Karthus also has Lay Wastes.
Crazy slow? Check, and Karthus' is AoE and reduces resistances.
Ultimate which makes him unkillable? Check, and you can't even Exhaust Karthus when he's Defying Death.

Redenbacher

12-16-2011

The only reason anyone would think Tryndamere is overpowered is because of his ultimate. He has only a slow and a gap closer, and is required to be standing in the middle of a teamfight whacking away to do anything useful.

The counter? Stop him from standing there and whacking away. Keep distance between you and him. Get him to pop his ultimate AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, then CC him, and watch how fast he dies. He has no innate CC reduction, and always builds glass cannon. Stop blowing all of your CC before his ultimate. You should be able to get him to turn it on before he even reaches your team, if you're doing your job right.

Furthermore, if he's killing your entire team in the 6 seconds he's raging.... STOP BUILDING GLASS CANNON. I can't stress this enough. Guess what? Thornmail is not for the tank, because Trynd shouldn't be attacking the tank anyway if Trynd has half a brain. You're the carry, and Trynd is kicking your ass because you have bad positioning? Grab a thornmail. Build a Frozen Mallet.

Next point of advice: Go play him for a few games and learn his weaknesses. I assure you, he's not the end-all be-all, and it actually requires some finesse to do well when your enemy has more than a couple synapses firing.

descimation

12-16-2011

The problem is, if tryn is ignited during endless rage, he will eventually die, but by the time his six seconds are up, he still killed half the team when a similar champ without that kind of an ult would have only been able to kill maybe one. I played a game as leona where tryn dives at all five of us, activates endless rage, and proceeds to kill 3 people, the sad thing was that i used every single cc i had on him, my stun, my ulti, my e, and my exhaust...I cant think of a single champ who was NOT fed that can do that.

Yo Im Dylan

12-16-2011

I agree with Tryndamere being op, but I also believe his true powers show much stronger in 3v3s rather than a 5v5. I think Riot doesn't nerf him because he attracts the attention of newer/ignorant players. These types of players will just play Tryndamere game after game; 3v3 after 3v3 and win nearly every time. I'm sure Riot is aware that Tryndamere is a bit overpowered, but probably won't nerf him, because they have a certain audience to appeal to (the unskilled/rage players). This goes the same for other champions such as Mordekaiser(more before than now since the nerf), Jax, Xin, Fiddle. The easy mode champs really ruin the game for the people who appreciate the asthetics of League of Legends, and enjoy every champion, but tend to get stomped on by 12 yr old Trynd players.

Redenbacher

12-16-2011

If they nerf Tryndamere because low level players don't understand how to properly CC and handle him during his ultimate, he will be useless at higher level play.

The game is balanced at the competitive level as far as I understand it... only tweaks can be made to make certain mechanics foolproof at lower level play.

If you're having trouble with Tryndamere, do some research, play him, and learn his weaknesses. As a side note, those weaknesses are glaring.

DarkenDragon

12-16-2011

The reason why riot hasnt nerfed or changed him at all is because they actually like this champion and how he plays, but im sure they understand that he is a bit too powerful in the right hands and it becomes unfair after a while. especially since it takes at least 2-3 people to kill him, not many people have a chance at killing him 1 on 1 or even 2v1.

but the major problem is the balancing factor, its hard to figure out a nerf that would allow him to be balanced with other champions without breaking him or totally destroying his style.

so if you want this champion changed, I suggest you'd come up with ideas on how you can nerf him without destroying who he is and how he plays. cuz if you can do that, i'll bet riot would make the change sooner

descimation

12-16-2011

Just an idea, but now that I think about it, if Trynds ult was nerfed to last only 2-3 seconds instead of around 6, he would not really be that OP anymore, and it wouldn't really change his play style either, besides that fact that people playing Trynd would have to be a little more careful. That way, he can't really 1v3 anymore, but can still get those kills under the turret or go for someone when he is a little low. Just my 2 cents.

Duffman316

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by descimation View Post
Just an idea, but now that I think about it, if Trynds ult was nerfed to last only 2-3 seconds instead of around 6, he would not really be that OP anymore, and it wouldn't really change his play style either, besides that fact that people playing Trynd would have to be a little more careful. That way, he can't really 1v3 anymore, but can still get those kills under the turret or go for someone when he is a little low. Just my 2 cents.
so kayle has an ult that's 3 seconds, castable on any ally and grants complete immunity

and you want trynd to have a self castable ult of 2-3 seconds that only prevents his hp from going below 1

sounds balanced

seandkiller

12-16-2011

Tryndamere's OP?

Quote:
No offense, but why not just play Kayle then?