Community: "We feel that Kassadin spirals out of control too easily on Dominion"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Kassadin is picked or banned in nearly every single game at high ELO in SR. So he's problematic/extremely annoying there as well.

KamakaziGumiBear

12-13-2011

Play AP tanky soraka, proceed to solo kass all game...

evilXkilla

12-13-2011

Played against a decent kass today in Dom... Found it a LOT easier to slap him to death before he can riftwalk away. Plus I think this was a decent nerf to riftwalk stacking (an extra 4-5 seconds overall is a lot in Dominion)

His kit overall is just too broken. Extreme mobility combined with one of best bursts and best ganks.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-13-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Kassadin ramps up in damage and survivability way too steeply on Dominion, leaving no room for counter gameplay to "keep him in check" to balance him, like on Summoner's Rift.
imo the ult cooldown nerf was definitely a step in the right direction. assassins are good on dominion--especially if they're an 'anti-mage' assassin. my top 3 bans right now are kass, talon, and fizz for that reason. my point is that when kass is in a good place he'll still be a scary guy to see on the other team. i think he's still scary, but he had some of that extra mobility and power ramp up from his ult toned down.

i think kass will always be a ban candidate on crystal scar unless he's nerfed into the ground (which isn't an option). what he shouldn't be is unmanageable. the live design team is keeping an eye on him to see how this cooldown nerf plays out and will make adjustments if necessary--it's not like they've made the change assuming that he's perfect forever now.

if after playing as/with/against him for a while post-nerf you feel that he's not where he needs to be, i encourage you to post your thoughts--constructive feedback is always welcome.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-13-2011

Talon is manageable with Lee Sin, Blitz, Alistar, Poppy, Ryze. Champs with CC or good tanking.
Fizz is tricky, but he can't really burst as fast as Talon.

The problem with Kass is his silence + ult combo. You can't do anything when he's going in for some damage, then he flees, then come back when his skills are up. Talon will go in and hope he can burst everyone, or else he's dead
(but most of the time, everyone's dead ^^; )

But I agree, the nerf on his ult is a step in the right direction.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Since Kass is so anti-mage, he shouldn't have any mana (his spells should still cost mana, though).

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-13-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

kass, talon, and fizz are all manageable, but they're very strong on dominion. enough so that i'd rather not have my team's bot worry about getting ganked by them.

right now there isn't anyone i ban because i can't handle them.

WaterD103

12-13-2011

I agree those +poppy are the best assassins in dominion. Dominion favor high mobility assassins. Something that would help to combat them is A) Removing the auras B) removing the health packs in the jungle. I hate them, they are there only for high mobility assassins to refuel gas while you chase them after they killed your carry.
High mobility assassins are dangerous because they go in, kill and run away. Leblanc is also a potential problem in that regard. That's one of the reasons I asked what's the purpose of the auras. Because they benefit most assasins that rely on a string of burst and then flee. Giving them 12% and 5% extra armor and magic pen only reduce the chances you survive that burst, assasins once the burst is over , have to run, but it's pointless if the target is already dead.

Whichi

12-13-2011

nerf kass's survive more imo.. Revert the C D change on his ult because quite honestly that was just stupid..

nerf his passive and some of his base damage but buff his scale's This would fix him so much better then changing his ulty's cd......

Sizmic

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl SGM View Post
Talon is manageable with Lee Sin, Blitz, Alistar, Poppy, Ryze. Champs with CC or good tanking.
Fizz is tricky, but he can't really burst as fast as Talon.

The problem with Kass is his silence + ult combo. You can't do anything when he's going in for some damage, then he flees, then come back when his skills are up. Talon will go in and hope he can burst everyone, or else he's dead
(but most of the time, everyone's dead ^^; )

But I agree, the nerf on his ult is a step in the right direction.
fyi Talon counters Kass fairly easily with his E skill that causes a silence.

Also with talon under stand if he can't burst everyone down then he gets out while his has his stealth with his ult. If your playing talon correctly, atlest in my mind, than your a hit and run wait for cd's hit again.