Fellow Touhous Unite!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TigStripe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

Some clarification on Wriggle's:

Wriggle was a player whose name was added to an in-game concept (like Graz). The item, I don't think, was his/her idea, but I'd be willing to bet that the reds who knew about the Touhou Wriggle made the item a lantern to be funny. I'd also heard that the player Wriggle was named that based on the Touhou, but that's just hearsay.

When Lux came out, I laughed SO hard. For so long.

Also, I was at pooshlmer right before logging onto these forums.

I'm saddened by the sheer amount of Touhou IGNs that are taken/level1. I made Reisen lnaba (with a lower-case L), though. <3

Konpaku Youmu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stutenberg View Post
Some clarification on Wriggle's:

Wriggle was a player whose name was added to an in-game concept (like Graz). The item, I don't think, was his/her idea, but I'd be willing to bet that the reds who knew about the Touhou Wriggle made the item a lantern to be funny. I'd also heard that the player Wriggle was named that based on the Touhou, but that's just hearsay.

When Lux came out, I laughed SO hard. For so long.

Also, I was at pooshlmer right before logging onto these forums.

I'm saddened by the sheer amount of Touhou IGNs that are taken/level1. I made Reisen lnaba (with a lower-case L), though. <3
Reisen <3 and yeah theres so many T.T Uhm, what is Pooshlmer?

lronSheep

12-06-2011

And the ranked team named Gensokyo that only has one person in it D:<

SMOF

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazuka12 View Post
Lets put the Touhou References in one place:

Lux is Marisa Kirisame, with her kleptomaniac tendencies (spell thief), her joke (just an ordinary magician) and Master Spark (Finalis Funkeln).
Oriana is Youmuu, with her "ghost half" (the ball).
Wriggles Lantern is a reference to Wriggle Nightbug (or so I assume).
Youmuu's ghostblade... is a reference to Youmuu's sword...
Lux is more Mima, not Marisa (Marisa is Mima's apprentice if you didn't know). In fact, the sorceress Lux skin is a near direct copy of Mima's outfit. (You'd have to have played the pre-PC versions of Touhou to know who Mima is though, so not many people get the reference.)

Konpaku Youmu

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lronSheep View Post
And the ranked team named Gensokyo that only has one person in it D:<
And I have the Netherworld Dwellers team. WINNING and I have multiple Touhou's in it

lronSheep

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOF View Post
Lux is more Mima, not Marisa (Marisa is Mima's apprentice if you didn't know). In fact, the sorceress Lux skin is a near direct copy of Mima's outfit. (You'd have to have played the pre-PC versions of Touhou to know who Mima is though, so not many people get the reference.)
Reincarnation yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Xenîth

12-06-2011

Favorite is Youmu by far.

Balrogix

12-06-2011

Sincerely, my favorite characters are Hong Meirin, Yuyuko, Prismriver Sisters (Poltergeist Trio) and Reisen.

Man, I love fighting those guys, especially because of their music.

I don't really get it why people MUST come here just to make fun of what people like. Yeah, we like Touhou, got a problem? It is a really hard game even in easy mode, great sounds, funny/great/interesting characters.

People make fun of japanese culture (Anime/Manga/Etc) without even knowing anything outside of the stereotype.

FlyingOstrich

12-06-2011

bump for great armpits! and jokes and fetishes thereof!

TigStripe

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOF View Post
Lux is a direct reference to Marisa. The only real relation you could pull between Lux and Mima is the very skin you mentioned.