A newbie's guide to everything Dominion

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Mann View Post
I see a lot of Heimerdinger bans. It would be cool if you could mention him a little.
Ah yes I was meaning to. Thanks for the reminder XD

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

A really important newbie tip IMO is how to build in Dom. SR builds just don't really cut it unless you have a premade. Tanky Derps dominate lower levels because they're naturally itemized correctly for Dominion.

Consider Ryze: he naturally builds a combination of offense and defense. All champs should do this, unless they're very good escape champs vs. a team that lacks strong pursuers (Ez and Shaco can be like this vs some comps, though most often you'll still want defense on them).

Correct build orders, with the appropriate amount of MR/Armor for the given champ and enemy comp, are critical to a champ competing in Dominion.

Hugo Mann

11-30-2011

If you were looking to add a bit more to the guide I think a section on summoner spells would a great choice. I see every now and then someone who takes flash-ignite. Nothing wrong with those spells, but I think ghost is generally a stronger pick than flash. I also think promote or garrison is a requirement for a bot laner.

Just my two cents.

danbrown69420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

This is really solid.

Think a bit on summoner spells would be good too. Promote can help a lot of weaker pushers who go bot turn things around, especially if you recommend someone like Urgot bot.

For recommended champions/bans, I feel Renekton and Maokai are both really strong bot. Both push really well and have good sustain, which often wins the early game pushes.

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Ok, I'll make the proper additions XD. I didn't think it would get this kind of reception; was more of an answer to a "where do I begin with dominion" question hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrown69420 View Post
For recommended champions/bans, I feel Renekton and Maokai are both really strong bot. Both push really well and have good sustain, which often wins the early game pushes.
Renekton and Maokai are extremely good in dominion but I, personally, rarely see them banned. The bans section is more or less designed to give an outline for new players who want to dive right into draft. As I've said many times, I feel every champ is viable in the right hands.

Destinesia

11-30-2011

hey nekro

nicely written guide.

something I'd like to add, just as a note, is that when the tower is neutral you can click it (ie start channeling yourself) to stop the enemy channeling. i still see a lot of people who don't seem to know this and go rushing in to try and attack to interrupt. this is not necessary and certainly not always the smartest move or quickest option for a clutch interrupt.

Nashun

11-30-2011

Why does only 1 champion cap mid in the beginning? What my team does is send 3 to mid and 1 poker to top to stall. That way you'll cap mid before they do and be able to have 4 up top while they only have 3. Those few seconds that it takes for their 4th to come up mean a lot, and all the "poker" has to do is to keep them from capping until then. Is that bad?

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinesia View Post
hey nekro

nicely written guide.

something I'd like to add, just as a note, is that when the tower is neutral you can click it (ie start channeling yourself) to stop the enemy channeling. i still see a lot of people who don't seem to know this and go rushing in to try and attack to interrupt. this is not necessary and certainly not always the smartest move or quickest option for a clutch interrupt.
It's located in the quoted section for top lane. I'm going to move it out to the reaction section, because I think it is better suited there. Thanks for the feedback!

I just added summoner spells to the guide. It's kinda impossible to go over all of the different combinations, but I did what I could XD.

PKPikmin

11-30-2011

Just what I needed. I wanted to get into dominion but I was worried about not knowing the meta. Thank you.

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashun View Post
Why does only 1 champion cap mid in the beginning? What my team does is send 3 to mid and 1 poker to top to stall. That way you'll cap mid before they do and be able to have 4 up top while they only have 3. Those few seconds that it takes for their 4th to come up mean a lot, and all the "poker" has to do is to keep them from capping until then. Is that bad?
It isn't bad, but consider 3v1 top. There is a very strong chance that that single man is going to either die or be unable to poke all 3 from capturing the point. Possibilities: a) The 1 man dies and it becomes a 3v4 top to your team's disadvantage, b) The poker is unable to get in range to poke all 3 while they cap, effectively forfeiting the point, c) The poker successfully prevents a capture and lives, allowing for a sooner 4v3 (but inevitable 4v4). If your poker dies it WILL be a permanent 3v4 in their favour, so choose this strategy only if your team is well coordinated.

Like I said in the guide, there are limitless possibilities when it comes to strategies; there is no possible way to list them all. I'm just listing relatively popular strategies and why they are used.

12345612 ... 14