Bans are dumb

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MCI21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2011

Banning people is not the way to go. It loses money for your game, and as you being a business I don't see a point in you losing money.

Darkbend

11-29-2011

Correction: Ban-ees are dumb.

MCI21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-29-2011

True sometimes, but if my connection drops maybe once a week and i get a ban, never will i invest more money into the game.

Crikey AU

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCI21 View Post
True sometimes, but if my connection drops maybe once a week and i get a ban, never will i invest more money into the game.
You wont get a ban for disconnecting once. If you continually disconnect you will, its your own fault for playing when you have a dodgy internet connection. Its detrimental to the other 4 players on your team and the game becomes anti-fun when your battling up hill.

tumultuoustempus

11-29-2011

Eliminating a small, disruptive portion of your paying community will net you more money in the long run by keeping the majority happier.

Also, if your connection is so bad that you're dropping often enough to get banned, you deserve to be banned as much as an intentional leaver. Tough, but true.