!!! Let us buy skins for champions we DON'T own !!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriendlyRaid

11-28-2011

I'm not sure why I have to own the champion to buy a skin. There have been many times that I wanted to buy a discounted skin, but couldn't because I didn't own the champion. Is the option to buy the skin THEN earn the champion that bad?

Because the other option is that I don't buy the skin, save my RP, purchase fewer skins and purchase less RP. I want to support LOL and buy RP, but I'm not going to pay $20 for one skin. If I can purchase more discounted skins when they are on sale then earn the champion with IP, I'll be more likely to spend and buy more RP, if not, I won't.

I wish they'd change this.

LordLegato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Programmed here so skin = champ.

Be happy it's not like Garena where even with free skins you need to buy the champ first.

PlayerFour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Riot assumes people who buy skins are people who have enjoyed a champion enough to buy it, either with IP or RP. That being said, there's really no reason you shouldn't be allowed to buy a skin for a champion you don't own.

Chips and Tea

11-28-2011

Then wtf are you going to do with the skin

Layla

11-28-2011

Marketing scheme. People who want a skin badly enough will have to pay for the champion first, instead of buying the skin at a discounted price and unlocking the champion later with IP.

FriendlyRaid

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsiao999 View Post
Then wtf are you going to do with the skin
Um, did you even read the post?

As I stated, after I buy a skin on sale, I would build up and use IP to buy the champion. The key is that skins are only on sale for a limited time, so you need to buy them then to get the discount.

As it is now, since I don't have the champion, I can't buy the discounted skins, so I won't be buying anymore RP because I haven't spent any. It's pretty simple, if I can buy the skins on sale, then I'll buy more RP to get more skins. If I can't buy the skins then I won't be buying more RP.

iWork4God

01-20-2012

Agreed == xD

Bill Burr

01-20-2012

As long as they give players a warning that they won't be able to use the skin without first owning the champion, its all ok by me.

Shoujo Ai

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLegato View Post
Programmed here so skin = champ.

Be happy it's not like Garena where even with free skins you need to buy the champ first.
This.

Figured this out because after getting tris and ali free from subscribing. They gave me the champ along with the skin.

Mesellyre

01-20-2012

Is this related to that karate kennen skin?

INC 50% CHAMPION SALE WITH KENNEN (next week)