Madred's Bloodrazor

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHeretic

Senior Member

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBastard View Post
How so?

2.5% of 100 or 1000 is still 2.5%. The damage to HP ratio will remain the same.
Compared to straight up damage items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jpeg

Senior Member

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
I usually play 2 bloodrazors on warwick, since his ult is fast attacks. They DO stack, but they are subject to magic resistance. Still, with the +80dmg, +80 atkspd and the 5% damage a shot, I find I can mince anyone 1v1. 3800 a shot is expensive, warwick is really the only one who can justify two, since his ult hits VERY hard with these. Can basically gaurantee to get them below 40% with ult+hungering, then its a simple chase.

really? over bloodthirster?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

warmonkey

Senior Member

10-06-2009

fully charged bloodthirster is 90 damage, which'd be 180 extra damage on his ulti (and is his ulti considered magical or physical damage? I really don't know). It's 6 attacks at 33% damage, so the same damage as 2 regular attacks.

bloodrazor does 15% of their total HP during his ulti, which means if they have >1200hp, it'd do more damage than the bloodthirster. Of course, you're missing the lifesteal and the damage from auto-attack.. but on the other hand, if your target has more than 3600hp, you'll do more per hit with the bloodrazor. Pure damage, that is -- so a high armor target would take more damage from a bloodrazor, but a high health & high spell block target would take more from the bloodthirster (and low hp / high armor taking more from the bloodrazor obv.).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jpeg

Senior Member

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonkey View Post
fully charged bloodthirster is 90 damage, which'd be 180 extra damage on his ulti (and is his ulti considered magical or physical damage? I really don't know). It's 6 attacks at 33% damage, so the same damage as 2 regular attacks.

bloodrazor does 15% of their total HP during his ulti, which means if they have >1200hp, it'd do more damage than the bloodthirster. Of course, you're missing the lifesteal and the damage from auto-attack.. but on the other hand, if your target has more than 3600hp, you'll do more per hit with the bloodrazor. Pure damage, that is -- so a high armor target would take more damage from a bloodrazor, but a high health & high spell block target would take more from the bloodthirster (and low hp / high armor taking more from the bloodrazor obv.).

i'm not arguing that bloodrazor isn't good. i'm saying the second one is overkill, i get one because razors are awesome for jungleing, and the upgrade makes them useable for ganking.

The life steal on bloodthirster allows you to tank the fattest of fatties. and makes you almost unkillable 1v1, as long as your ulti is up.

FYI: 6 attacks at 33% are not the same a 2 because you figure armor into each attack which is applied 6 times in the former and only 2 in the ladder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg420 View Post
FYI: 6 attacks at 33% are not the same a 2 because you figure armor into each attack which is applied 6 times in the former and only 2 in the ladder.
Last time I checked armor reduction is a percentage and not a flat reduction. Therefore the damage would be the same.

Lets say they have 10% damage reduction

We have a 90 damage blood razor and it does 1/3 damage per hit of the six hits for Warwick's Ult:
(30-3)+(30-3)+(30-3)+(30-3)+(30-3)+(30-3)= 162

Then we have a 90 damage Blood Razor with two normal attacks:
(90-9)+(90-9) = 162

Your point only becomes valid if we're talking about flat damage reduction, such as 5 damage reduced per hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zine

Senior Member

10-06-2009

There are a lot of things to consider. The first of which is that most targets have higher AC than MR so the magic damage from the Bloodrazor is superior to the equivalent attack damage. You are also comparing fully farmed Bloodthirsters meaning you need 40 kills without dying before they reach their full potential.
The other thing to think about is Baron. If you are playing Warwick one of your jobs is to kill baron early (either solo or duo). With 2 bloodrazors and some lifesteal you can solo baron at level 15-16. With a partner you can take him at 13 or so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atmosfear

Senior Member

10-06-2009

I never get Bloodthirster on Warwick.

The lifesteal is situational and certainly will not save your ass from anything more than a 1v1 or 2v1 (you'd be very lucky to survive 2v1 honestly unless you heavily out-level and out-gear the opponent). Also, having to farm 40 kills to bring it to maximum is a chore and once you die the process starts all over again. You're way better off with items like Black Cleaver or hell even Infinity Edge is an upgrade over Bloodthirster.

Bloodrazor is a pretty amazing item if you are ever faced against a team with 2 or more tanks or high HP characters. I don't believe its always worth while in every game especially if your team is already easily taking down the enemy tank(s). Bloodrazor is more of an answer to a solution that you may or may not encounter. I sometimes find myself selling the razor (not blood) for gold to finish off a different high tier item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

Member

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
I never get Bloodthirster on Warwick.
You must enjoy losing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jpeg

Senior Member

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
Last time I checked armor reduction is a percentage and not a flat reduction. Therefore the damage would be the same.
you're right... i forgot.


blood thirster isn't great on warric because it give survivability in group fights. life steal in 5-10 second team fights (with the exception of your ulti) is neglegable and you can be easily nuked.

The life steal is great because it gives you the ability to (assuming you have golem control) never return to the base and continue to pick off solo pushers that are out of position. otherwise you either spend 5 min slowlly regaining your HP (from your passive) or bule pill. not to mention it's the second most damage on a single item. (i'm counting infinity edge as #1)

also you can baron with maladrids/bloodthirster. espically since you should have 2-3 at minimum when doing baron. however you're right, i've played a couple games where 2 champions had maladrids, and baron went down like a chump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atmosfear

Senior Member

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
You must enjoy losing

Why get bloodthirster when Black Cleaver and/or Infinity Edge are superior?


123