[Guide] Oppenheimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
Heimer is my main but having played numerous games with him I've never even thought of coming close to Baron alone... If u can please explain how that's possible ill appreciate it
Perhaps Clodiman has some unique way of soloing baron, but form what I've found, while it's quite possible with 3 turrets that do ~150/shot set up behind baron's wall, it's also quite dangerous, as even with the 2 second sanctity given by Zhonya's, your health will still reach dangerous lows, with the risk of death. So, unless you take Rylai's and RoA(which, while viable, I do not recommend for it arguably isn't as efficient for Heimer's siegeability and nukeability) while being on the purple team, soloing baron in the later stages of the game when such becomes possible simply feels to be too much of a risk.

Heimerdinger is still quite effective for actually killing baron, though. Just set up 3 turrets behind baron's wall (they'll be instantly targeted by baron if he has vision of them), and let a tank initiate the fight. He'll be down in under 20 seconds.

evilXkilla

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
Perhaps Clodiman has some unique way of soloing baron, but form what I've found, while it's quite possible with 3 turrets that do ~150/shot set up behind baron's wall, it's also quite dangerous, as even with the 2 second sanctity given by Zhonya's, your health will still reach dangerous lows, with the risk of death. So, unless you take Rylai's and RoA(which, while viable, I do not recommend for it arguably isn't as efficient for Heimer's siegeability and nukeability) while being on the purple team, soloing baron in the later stages of the game when such becomes possible simply feels to be too much of a risk.

Heimerdinger is still quite effective for actually killing baron, though. Just set up 3 turrets behind baron's wall (they'll be instantly targeted by baron if he has vision of them), and let a tank initiate the fight. He'll be down in under 20 seconds.
I've found a video of a heimer doing it on youtube but he had warhog's rylais and 20 stacks of mejai on top of zhonya, but he didn't even use his zhonya. He did it at lvl 17 when every1 else was barely 16 too so that's really popwerful mid game boost not many champs come to mind that can solo baron

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
I've found a video of a heimer doing it on youtube but he had warhog's rylais and 20 stacks of mejai on top of zhonya, but he didn't even use his zhonya. He did it at lvl 17 when every1 else was barely 16 too so that's really popwerful mid game boost not many champs come to mind that can solo baron
No need to go for warmog's when you could easily just drag one tank over

Clodiman

06-28-2010

I did it about early late game....15 stacks on the SS with zhonyas and my turrets where pushing enough damage that with me spamming rockets and grenade that i could and did solo him...My team was pushing mid and finished quickly with barons suddenly stacked on them

Azghyn Nite

06-28-2010

All your base are belong to us, except for heimers turrets, he owns the club i meet my girlfriend at. Anyways, great guide

Clodiman

07-03-2010

did it again with Archangels zhyonas boots and void staff...the key to it is getting golem buff and placing all three turrets down...Using ulti before he destroys them and zhyonas before he kills u....my team came back from certain defeat to near victory....Pantheon jumped in and finished us off a sec before we won.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-02-2010

Why would you get 4% (instead of 3%, which is such a minor loss) regenration bonus over Improved Flash or Ghost?

Thth

Recruiter

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
Why would you get 4% (instead of 3%, which is such a minor loss) regenration bonus over Improved Flash or Ghost?
I do take improved flash/ghost, perhaps you're mistaken?

But I must thank you, as I'd noticed some errors I made last-night while removing clarity out of my guide in favour of mp5/level runes, in addition to being reminded to update the mastery screenshot.

+4 internet points for thee, fine sir.

Mr Geppetto

08-02-2010

Just seeing the length of this makes me really look forward to reading it.

Thth

Recruiter

08-03-2010

I've added a theory section to explain the core essence of Why Heimerdinger is effective and accusedly overpowered. This should serve both as a foundation of one's thinking behind play and as a required read for those who wish to skim my guide and extract the most vital information for playing Heimerdinger. Be sure to give it a read!

In other news, The Quality Guides Project (note the hyperlink) has now gained momentum and some recognition. It would be great if you guys would nominate my guide if you've found it helpful!

My ego cannot be restrained! It must be made known that Oppenheimer is the most detailed, in-depth, and definitive Heimerdinger guide of all!