Bot Lane Counter-Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowlingKommando

11-07-2011

No mention of Urgot? One of the best bottom laners imo.

moty91

11-07-2011

nocturne w/ ignite counters yorick and he can probably counter others as well since he has aoe heal and q to push

Doctor Tam

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1essgun View Post
For countering Heimer, what about champs that just murder him 1v1 instead of bothering to try and keep up with his push?
Dangerous. He will always have the minions advantage, and if you eat a grenade you are in trouble.

Stimuz

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Harmony View Post
True, but its real hard, takes tons of skill to counter Singed. And he is super-annoying to counter (have to constantly avoid the poison when chasing & always be aware how you are going to be flung & which direction you will need to run to to avoid too much poison).

I do tend to win against Singed as Soraka, but its really hard .... Much easier to win against most opponents...

The hardest part about Singed is to take his tower ... you can't get too close, or you get flung into the tower and soon die ... therefore the end result usually is a fight over the health pack under the tower (as I am killing the minions as the spawn, so my minions can take his tower)....

I would say I fail to take his tower 90% of the time (mostly since by the time I finally wear him down, his teammates come to help). Still distracting his teammates is still a minor win...
Soraka takes dumps all over singed. You can get flinged like 5x and still come out ahead. Soraka is only weak vs very bursty early game champs like talon/xin/wukong with at least 50 MR at level 4 and late game auto attack champs with on hit procs like vayne/kog. Poke champs don't do anything vs soraka because you can just get a hextech revolver and outheal it through damage and self heals.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
There is no freaking WAY that Heimer counters Yorick. As yorick ive had a few tougher fights but that was just because he was better than me. And I STILL more or less won the lane. Most Heims get steamrolled by Yorick.
Is there any hero that doesn't get completely wiped by yorick? I've noticed that by killing heimers turrets as soon as he places them, he has got to use his rockets and nades. Forget about him pushing his lane, he is having trouble defending his point!

Quote:
Dangerous. He will always have the minions advantage, and if you eat a grenade you are in trouble.
I've tried this with multiple heroes, but it has been working every time. IF you have a hero that can take out the turrets and handle the rockets/nades you will be eating for doing that, then DO IT! Once his turrets are down he has nothing for the next 20 seconds. Once he gets a turret he'll drop it as soon as he can probably, so kill that turret again. I know it sounds weird to go after his turrets but any competent heimer will not be close enough to be killed by any melee.

And i'm still not very convinced about EZ being pushed out. But i've got a very specific pattern for pushing, and promote. So far it has held up for me.

Hikaru Genji

11-07-2011

Yorick has great sustain, but needs to get in melee range to do any real damage.

False. You miss the point entirely with Yorick bot.

With promote, he can clear all your minions, secure mid health pack, push you up against your turret and have you losing your turret without ever having to melee you -- all this before top is even capped.

Stez007

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Yorick has great sustain, but needs to get in melee range to do any real damage.

False. You miss the point entirely with Yorick bot.

With promote, he can clear all your minions, secure mid health pack, push you up against your turret and have you losing your turret without ever having to melee you -- all this before top is even capped.
For the first couple of levels, sure, but he falls off quick in that department. and very quickly needs to get into melee range to deal substantial damage.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
For the first couple of levels, sure, but he falls off quick in that department. and very quickly needs to get into melee range to deal substantial damage.
Depends on how you build him. And even if he does need to get into melee range: near endgame i'm running ms quints, Triforce and FoN. Without his Q buff, it's 477 move speed, and with it's Q FAR over 500.

Now i'm not sure how fast your hero is, but given that you're having a speedfreakhumpbackquasimodo-facemeltermachine with a slow coming your way, it's very probably he'll get facemelter range. I'll even make it better, with the Q speedbuff, even if you exhaust him, it's 410 movementspeed for him(tested). Get it into your head: he WILL get into range. if he does have any trouble getting into range it's a simpel W+E combo, healing him, damaging and slowing you. And he'll just keep repeating that.

Unless you have a way of dropping yorick within 3 seconds, he'll do it to you. (you'll have to do it even twice)

Hikaru Genji

11-08-2011

Yorick doesn't "fall off" toward the endgame. He's a walking tank toward endgame. Manamune and Atma's and the rest tank items. He crushes anyone who comes to him. And his ult only gets stronger, as your carry gets stronger. The only way to shut down Yorick is to gank him repeatedly early on so he's behind the curve.

Finanzamt

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
Yorick doesn't "fall off" toward the endgame. He's a walking talking toward endgame. Manamune and Atma's and the rest tank items. He crushes anyone who comes to him. And his ult only gets stronger, as your carry gets stronger. The only way to shut down Yorick is to gank him repeatedly early on so he's behind the curve.
But that leaves an 4vs3 advantage at windmill for the team with Yorick.

Personally, the only Champs that gave me a headache at bot were Nasus and Riven.
All the other champs were either destroyed or very managable.

Yorick should be one of the auto-bans in draft dominion.
There is no item or gameplay (currently) to hard counter him in comparison to Akali / Jax / Rammus (overrated champs imho).

Also Heimerdinger is one of the more overrated champs in Dominion.
He gets destroyed by a bunch of champs that are not as vulnerable as him against other champs.

Greetings