Vayne Sona and Poppy,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiseman Silo

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkatsu View Post
My goodness...you don't know what the demacian colours are? I figured the flag, and the gold trimmings on the armor and such would be a giveaway as to what the colors would be for a Demacian.
Alright, I'll tell you since you haven't put 2 and 2 together.
*looks at the demacian flag and champs*
I think the Demacian colours would be blue, white and gold. There you go.

Wearing the colours of your country is simply a means to show pride of your nation. How many americans do I see wear the red white and blue. Doesn't mean all americans wear it all the time, but a lot of people do.

Sona wears blue and gold trimmings to show her pride like a lot of demacian champions do.
Even riot games had to change Riven's colour to teal because the look made her look Demacian! haha
As for Shyvana, her skin is blue lmao :P

Too bad for you though, you hoplessly try to prove that the 3 champs don't fight for Demacia, but at the end of the day, everyone knows these 3 babes fight for Demacia. Can't fight against Riots lore man, so stop downvoting people who go against your fruitless argument.

Not other summoners fault these awesome champs fight for Demacia instead of Ionia or other city-states.
What lore states they fight for demacia? Mind linking the info?

TheMegaMormon

11-07-2011

This is like saying Keanu Reeves fights for Lebanon because he was born there.

Hegoken

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo View Post
What lore states they fight for demacia? Mind linking the info?
I had to make sure for myself, but it does seem to be true.

Here's the wiki, which states she's a city-state Champion. A city-state champion means that she is a champions which fights for a specific city state, and that state is Demacia for Poppy, Sona and Vayne.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Demacia

If you look up the Noxus city-state champions, you will find that Riven is not among them, but places in as an associate champion, EVEN if she was born in Noxus.

It seems very specific, because Mordekaiser lives in Noxus, but he's still only considered an associate, and not actual part of Noxus.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Noxus

Firlyean

11-08-2011

Quote:
THOSE are the only demacians. Sona is from Ionia and only lives in Demacia and from the looks of her lore doesnt spend much time there. Vayne has no assosiation with the city state other then living there.
I agree with you regarding Vayne, she's a loner from Demacia, not officially tied to the Demacian Throne. But Poppy definitely does fight for Demacia, heck she wears Demacian armour. Anyways, regarding Sona, her lore doesn't say or imply it, but it can be reasonably assumed that she will fight for Demacia, unlike Vayne who has been confirmed to be acting independently from Demacia. Regardless, even if they don't fight for Demacia, they are still 'Demacians'. We would imagine that they still have ties one way or another to the Demacian order, so it's not unreasonable to put them into 'Team Demacia'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegoken View Post
If you look up the Noxus city-state champions, you will find that Riven is not among them, but places in as an associate champion, EVEN if she was born in Noxus.

It seems very specific, because Mordekaiser lives in Noxus, but he's still only considered an associate, and not actual part of Noxus.
Regarding Riven, I wouldn't say she's an 'associate', I actually disagree with their decision, as Riven is pretty much Noxian. She doesn't take orders from the order, but she fights for the Noxian cause. Her best fit counterpart would be Vayne, Vayne is basically batman of Demacia, she operates independently from the Demacian order, but sees herself as its 'protector'. As for Mordekaiser, I would agree with the associate status, as he definitely is not in the Noxian military nor fight for Noxus.

Wiseman Silo

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegoken View Post
I Here's the wiki, which states she's a city-state Champion. A city-state champion means that she is a champions which fights for a specific city state, and that state is Demacia for Poppy, Sona and Vayne.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Demacia
See this is my problem. Is the wiki run by riot? I don't think it is. So that entire list of champions both city-state or assosiated with as far as i'm concerned is full of garbage because it has no offical basis. I'm betting a lot of the problem is people think the wiki=fact. The wiki cannot be considered 100% true because its not run by riot as far as I know

Now maybe they are Demacian reps BUT as far as Riot created lore is concerned NOWHERE does it say that Vayne, Sona, or Poppy are demacian city-state representatives. Its all just Head Cannon invented and popularised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firlyean View Post
But Poppy definitely does fight for Demacia, heck she wears Demacian armour.

Heres my thing about poppy. She's an Ambassador. Thats exactly what she is. Yes she is heavily invested in Demacia. Yes she will always side with them over Noxus.

But do you know who else does? Bandle City.

Demacia, Piltover, Bandle City is an established alliance in the storyline. So its not so farfetched to think that w/e Demacia does Bandle City will probably not only support but will send Poppy over to represent them. THAT is why she is not demacian because the alliance isn't even being considered up to this point.

That means that just like poppy. Teemo, Heimerdinger, Janna, Corki, Tristana, Caitlyn and possibly others (Depending on if they're neutral or not) ALL may as well also be considered Demacian if your going to count Poppy as Demacian.

All Poppy is is a representation of Bandle City Interest in Demacia. She is not herself a Demacian Representative.

Wiseman Silo

11-08-2011

Demacian interests are decided by the demacian government. Sona and Vayne have no affiliation with it to me that is why they are not demacian representatives.

Poppy technicly is only involved with the demacian government and not a part of it as is her role as ambassador.

This is the same reason to me why Riven and Leblanc are not City-state representatives of Noxus but Swain is dispite the fact that he's gutting the entire Noxian government from within.

Firlyean

11-09-2011

Quote:
Heres my thing about poppy. She's an Ambassador. Thats exactly what she is. Yes she is heavily invested in Demacia. Yes she will always side with them over Noxus.

But do you know who else does? Bandle City.

Demacia, Piltover, Bandle City is an established alliance in the storyline. So its not so farfetched to think that w/e Demacia does Bandle City will probably not only support but will send Poppy over to represent them. THAT is why she is not demacian because the alliance isn't even being considered up to this point.

That means that just like poppy. Teemo, Heimerdinger, Janna, Corki, Tristana, Caitlyn and possibly others (Depending on if they're neutral or not) ALL may as well also be considered Demacian if your going to count Poppy as Demacian.

All Poppy is is a representation of Bandle City Interest in Demacia. She is not herself a Demacian Representative.
She still fights for Demacia on and off, in essence she lends Demacia her services, Riot even confirmed that she is Demacian. The other Yordles are different, they hold no ties to Demacia, unlike Poppy who is somewhat bound to fight for Demacia when needed. In essence, she takes orders from both Demacia and Bandle City, primarily Demacia because it's her residence but Bandle City's orders if any would be more prioritised.

Also, I see nothing wrong with Demacians fighting for the Demacian Order. There's nothing wrong with putting Sona and Vayne into 'Team Demacia'. Not being a soldier or member of the Demacian Military or Nobility doesn't mean that those people aren't Demacians. It's like saying an American civilian is not American because he's not in the Military.

Wiseman Silo

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firlyean View Post
She still fights for Demacia on and off, in essence she lends Demacia her services, Riot even confirmed that she is Demacian. The other Yordles are different, they hold no ties to Demacia, unlike Poppy who is somewhat bound to fight for Demacia when needed. In essence, she takes orders from both Demacia and Bandle City, primarily Demacia because it's her residence but Bandle City's orders if any would be more prioritised.

Also, I see nothing wrong with Demacians fighting for the Demacian Order. There's nothing wrong with putting Sona and Vayne into 'Team Demacia'. Not being a soldier or member of the Demacian Military or Nobility doesn't mean that those people aren't Demacians. It's like saying an American civilian is not American because he's not in the Military.
again i'm more then willing to admit im wrong but WHERE did riot admit that? And why would riot ever NEED to admit that? This doesn't seem like the kind of thing that requires a press confrence. and of course the other yordles are different thats what being an ambassador means. Her very job means that she will obviously have a bit more to do with Demacia then any other Yordle. I'm not saying its JUST a job to her but she is doing her job.

its more made up information that no one can prove. I refuse to accept a 3rd party wiki as fact if thats where you got the information.

Hegoken

11-09-2011

You are clearly deluding yourself in saying that that champions don't fight for demacia. I suppose Riot has to say "These Demacian champs fight for Demacia." and bludgeon the message to a ridiculous extent for you to be convinced.

I suppose it shouldn't matter in this forum though, because it's not like we have to convince you. The community already knows these champions fight for Demacia.

In the meantime...DEMACIA!

Firlyean

11-09-2011

Quote:
again i'm more then willing to admit im wrong but WHERE did riot admit that? And why would riot ever NEED to admit that? This doesn't seem like the kind of thing that requires a press confrence. and of course the other yordles are different thats what being an ambassador means. Her very job means that she will obviously have a bit more to do with Demacia then any other Yordle. I'm not saying its JUST a job to her but she is doing her job.

its more made up information that no one can prove. I refuse to accept a 3rd party wiki as fact if thats where you got the information.
Riot confirmed it in the forums somewhere, It'll take a while to find the post, but old timers with the lore can vouch for me. I did not get this from the wiki, I got this from discussion a few months back.

I use wiki sometimes as a reference, because wiki is basically a compilation and organising of all the lore stuff riot's released, it's actually fairly accurate and much less work than having to go digging in 'Riot's lore'. Much of things stated and claimed in the wiki are actually cited and referenced, there are still some quirks to iron out, but for the most part it's reliable, you just need to know what can be trusted and what's not.