@ricklessabandon

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n8z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2011

Why don't you capitalize your letters? You're the ONLY red that doesn't.

JohnPetrucci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

proper grammar are two mainstream;

Domminus

11-06-2011

grammar is overrated

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-06-2011
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevouringRain View Post
Why don't you capitalize your letters? You're the ONLY red that doesn't.
so, there were several factors that contributed to my decision to cast them away:

1) i have some mild obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and uniformity in all things is a big one.
2) it bothered me that in some fonts it was impossible to distinguish capital i from lowercase l.
3) i found out that in german all nouns are capitalized, and i appreciated the equal treatment given to a class of words.
4) i had already switched my handwriting to an 'all caps' style because it was cleaner and easier to read, so it wasn't a big stretch to do something similar for typing.

also, i think at some point years ago, it might have bothered whattaybrian. at least, he claims the reason i don't capitalize was because of him. i don't remember him being a catalyst for change, but there may have been a point in time during which i enjoyed annoying him by not capitalizing things. it comes up now and again, like when (for no good reason!) a configuration file is case-sensitive and i have to go back and edit it a second time--he gets a kick out of it.

so, there you go! now you know some of the reasons.

Altonia

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
so, there were several factors that contributed to my decision to cast them away:

1) i have some mild obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and uniformity in all things is a big one.
2) it bothered me that in some fonts it was impossible to distinguish capital i from lowercase l.
3) i found out that in german all nouns are capitalized, and i appreciated the equal treatment given to a class of words.
4) i had already switched my handwriting to an 'all caps' style because it was cleaner and easier to read, so it wasn't a big stretch to do something similar for typing.

also, i think at some point years ago, it might have bothered whattaybrian. at least, he claims the reason i don't capitalize was because of him. i don't remember him being a catalyst for change, but there may have been a point in time during which i enjoyed annoying him by not capitalizing things. it comes up now and again, like when (for no good reason!) a configuration file is case-sensitive and i have to go back and edit it a second time--he gets a kick out of it.

Not. One. Capital letter.

Zzphantom

11-06-2011

Quote:

What a weirdo. ♥

ToastdYogurt

11-06-2011

why do people care so much lol

The Uprising

11-06-2011

Quote:

i dvoted u, ban me brah

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-06-2011
2 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastdYogurt View Post
why do people care so much lol
well, i understand that some people will look at it and think 'that's just wrong!'
i mean, i do the same thing when people don't use a serial comma, or incorrectly use 'who' or 'whom'.

i actually think it's kind of cool that people noticed it--to me it's old hat.

Jolan

11-06-2011

Are you the only red with +20% affinity?

12345 ... 6