Inventory Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caruso

10-03-2009

I've recently started playing the beta and I have to say the game is great, but I have a couple of suggestions to Riot of how to improve some of the item interface.
Currently there does not seem to be any method of storage, where if you're out of inventory space you can place items that you need for combinations or such away for later use. If you're out of space for new items you need to sell your old ones and if you have a decent build that can be a real problem.
Another issue I've encountered is the use of consumables. If you're planning on using consumables you need to waste inventory spots that could be critical for the stat boosts you can gain from items. My suggestion is to put a small 2 or 3 slot extra bar that can only be used for consumables and is hot-keyed by numbers (i.e. Crystal Water on Potion Slot 1 can be used just by pressing 1).
Overall I think the game is great and these are only suggestions, but I think they would add a new layer to the strategy and gameplay of LoL. Keep up the great work Riot.

Csailakish

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiz View Post
I've recently started playing the beta and I have to say the game is great, but I have a couple of suggestions to Riot of how to improve some of the item interface.
Currently there does not seem to be any method of storage, where if you're out of inventory space you can place items that you need for combinations or such away for later use. If you're out of space for new items you need to sell your old ones and if you have a decent build that can be a real problem.
Another issue I've encountered is the use of consumables. If you're planning on using consumables you need to waste inventory spots that could be critical for the stat boosts you can gain from items. My suggestion is to put a small 2 or 3 slot extra bar that can only be used for consumables and is hot-keyed by numbers (i.e. Crystal Water on Potion Slot 1 can be used just by pressing 1).
Overall I think the game is great and these are only suggestions, but I think they would add a new layer to the strategy and gameplay of LoL. Keep up the great work Riot.
League has thouth of this , if you have extra space only for potions you can carry them all the time and you can heal yourself in fight and that is really bad.
Yea I think there must be a stash of like 2-4 item spaces that can be used to combine a item and move it to the champion inventory.

Austtheman

10-03-2009

I don't feel like you need to have a storage area because you can just wait til you have enough money for all the pieces if you only have one space.

Caruso

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csailakish View Post
League has thouth of this , if you have extra space only for potions you can carry them all the time and you can heal yourself in fight and that is really bad.
Yea I think there must be a stash of like 2-4 item spaces that can be used to combine a item and move it to the champion inventory.
That can be fixed by adding cooldowns to potions and other consumables. The point is that using potions, wards and other consumables is made impractical if you have to waste one or more of your spaces. Why not make consumables be usable at all stages of the game? Why do they have to become irrelevant late-game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austtheman View Post
I don't feel like you need to have a storage area because you can just wait til you have enough money for all the pieces if you only have one space.
How are you supposed to buy all necessary pieces when you have one inventory slot left and you need to buy 2 items and the combination?

JayceJa

10-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiz View Post
How are you supposed to buy all necessary pieces when you have one inventory slot left and you need to buy 2 items and the combination?
you click on the recipe itself to buy it whole

Caruso

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
you click on the recipe itself to buy it whole
I was unaware you could do that. That sounds like a reasonable system. Thanks for clearing that up. But, the consumables still bug me. If I'm fully geared and I'm fighting a stealth champion, the only way to place wards would be to sell one of my items.