Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nekitamo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-03-2009

Most underused item in the game? Am I the only one who thinks it needs a bit of tweaking?

Anony

10-03-2009

What is Executioner's Calling?

Col Jack Oniell

10-03-2009

I use it almost all the time.

Edit: For those that dont know...

15% lifesteal
15% crit chance
Unique passive: On attack grants 8 second debuff that reduces incoming healing by 40%

Brawlers gloves - 400g
Vampiric Scepter - 450g
950g combine cost.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2009

I've never seen anyone take it.
Ever.

Why do you get it Zecchini?

Lithsq

10-03-2009

Recipie cost is very high for it, thats its main problem. It still has its uses, but only when facing specific champions.

Candesce

10-03-2009

You end up paying around 500 gold for the -heal, if you assume no discount on the other stats.

Does the heal debuff reduce lifesteal? If so, 500 might be reasonable. If it doesn't, though, the heal debuff is probably overpriced even when the other team has a few heals.

JayceJa

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candesce View Post
You end up paying around 500 gold for the -heal, if you assume no discount on the other stats.

Does the heal debuff reduce lifesteal? If so, 500 might be reasonable. If it doesn't, though, the heal debuff is probably overpriced even when the other team has a few heals.
I'm pretty sure it reduces lifesteal as well as their own regen both from base and items, as well as potions

as for an idea for the item to make it used more, how about raising the price a little and adding a little bit of critical damage to it. Critical damage is quite rare, and valuable, so having it on a weaker item to give it incentive to be kept instead of higher tier item would be interesting

Corseth

10-04-2009

It's a good item, but it's highly situational - it'd never be part of any hero's "core" build, because it relies on what your enemies do, not what you want to do.

It absolutely ruins teams who stack the Heal summoner spell. (which is good, because frankly, 3 players using Heal at the same time is a massive HP swing in teamfights, far more powerful than any other summoner skills can account for. I'm not sure why LoL hasn't learned from Mekanism abuse in DotA).

It's very harsh on the healer heroes (Tauric, Soraka, for example), and pretty much removes Lifesteal-survivability. Dr Mundo hates being hit with it an immense amount.

The 'problem' with all of these is again, this is a 'reaction' counter, and also somewhat nebulous. It's easy to see "I did 500 damage with that attack", less easy to see "I prevented 500 hp's worth of healing". Fortunately it's not a very expensive item overall, but the recipe is a pain.

IMO, replace the Brawler's Gloves (400) with Cloak of Agility (880), reduce the recipe cost from 950 to 470, and change the crit from 15% to 20%. This is overall a very small buff to the item (+5% crit) with no change in cost, however, it makes the incomplete components a little nicer to have while working on the recipe.

MaxTea

Adjudicator

10-04-2009

ive had the calling pop up multiple times. I am just never ready for it... theres more 2 the item than yall think

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
I'm pretty sure it reduces lifesteal as well as their own regen both from base and items, as well as potions
Unless they changed it, lifesteal and regeneration are separate forms of healing and do not fall under the healing reduction effect. I'd be all for messing with lifesteal, but messing with regen would do nothing but mess with Mundo.