Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
I tested and proved it myself. Clone revived, I died. Never bought GA again, and never looked back. This is ON TOP of the frequent times GA bugs out and doesn't revive a champ with the unique on.

Maybe they fixed the bug recently?
Then you had a bug.



I use GA every time I can afford it after bloodrazor and starks.


It works fine; your clone is coded as a separate player; with it's own unique passives.


I don't think you know what "testing" is.

You do not simply "test" something once and gain a conclusion; you test something multiple times with different variables or constants.



What are they teaching kids in science class these days?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:

What are they teaching kids in science class these days?

They still teach science in school nowadays? I didn't know they still do that, I thought it was all about videogames. This is how we learn Science, through the INTERNET!!!




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB44edAfKgQ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-20-2010

after playing with ad shaco, ap shaco, sunfire shaco, and on-hit shaco, gotta say that my favorite is on-hit

with just bloodrazor and starks, I can burst most people down in about 2 seconds, which I did again and again today in a game where I went 12/2/13, and the 2nd death was a failed attempt at soloing baron

i can never figure out how to jungle after i get golem and before i get my razor.. do i need runes? is smite necessary? even with boxes down i come really close to death and i need to deceive away to safety


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1469e23cf694565dde077

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Why get Frozen mallet? You already have a natural slow; that doesn't stack.

Not to mention that does not really benefit the use of your clone; as you don't really gain double of anything.


You would be much better of getting Guardian's Angel for defense; instead of health IMO.


On SR I can't see any reason to ever deviate from the following items.

Bloodrazor
Starks
Banshees
Aegis
Guardian
Boots

There are really no more appropriate items for Shaco for any situation.




Also, +1 for not maxing Q first like a tard.

Shiv FTW.
qft
Boots>bloodrazers>starks>GA> aegis/banshees


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garresh

Senior Member

06-20-2010

I disagree on 2 points: The aegis and ignite.

My personal build is to use smite and ghost, and tends to be more focused in damage than tank however...

I can tell just by reading that that you are a very good player. My personal playstyle is different on a few minor points, but it's clear that you are an excellent player. This is a great guide for anyone trying to learn how to play Shaco well, and possibly the best I've ever read. Very well done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Then you had a bug.

Yeah. The reason why I had GA is because it was in my regular build, so i tested it multiple times. Then it bugged out and GA proc'ed your clone instead of you. Then I reported it. Then the bug was fixed because people like me reported it. You can thank me now.

@Daegen, yeah i find that I don't need smite anymore after madreds, but if you're facing another jungler, whoever has smite gets dragon first. And since you're jungling, you control the buffs, I can't tell you how many times I've stolen red/blue/nash/dragon before by deceiving into spawnpoint, finding a whole team, smiting for kill, and running away while they're wondering why their buff isnt showing up

Btw, have you ever tried Jungling with Shaco in TT? I know the jungling rotation for shaco in SR like the back of my hand, but for TT, still not sure what's the best route. I do know forsure Shaco is 10x more effective because there are more 1v1 fights, solo lanes to gank, and less focusfire so he can survive. He can also stack like a boss in TT, his deceive was made for the map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoopaTomato View Post
i can never figure out how to jungle after i get golem and before i get my razor.. do i need runes? is smite necessary? even with boxes down i come really close to death and i need to deceive away to safety

You don't really "need" runes but you do need the masteries that allow you a 5% bonus in exp in the utitlity tree. If you dont' have that, it will be extremely difficult to jungle.

Smite isn't necessary for jungling and personally, I don't like to carry smite because I'd rather have ignite than smite. I'm working on my Jungling Process Tutorial at the moment and once I post that up, you'll see a clear example of how to successfully take down both lizard and golem. =]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flaxon Waxon Jr

Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegen View Post
You don't really "need" runes but you do need the masteries that allow you a 5% bonus in exp in the utitlity tree. If you dont' have that, it will be extremely difficult to jungle.

Smite isn't necessary for jungling and personally, I don't like to carry smite because I'd rather have ignite than smite. I'm working on my Jungling Process Tutorial at the moment and once I post that up, you'll see a clear example of how to successfully take down both lizard and golem. =]
5 Jack in the Boxes for Lizard, and 5 jack in the boxes for Golem.
Done, finished your tutorial for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Yeah. The reason why I had GA is because it was in my regular build, so i tested it multiple times. Then it bugged out and GA proc'ed your clone instead of you. Then I reported it. Then the bug was fixed because people like me reported it. You can thank me now.

@Daegen, yeah i find that I don't need smite anymore after madreds, but if you're facing another jungler, whoever has smite gets dragon first. And since you're jungling, you control the buffs, I can't tell you how many times I've stolen red/blue/nash/dragon before by deceiving into spawnpoint, finding a whole team, smiting for kill, and running away while they're wondering why their buff isnt showing up

Btw, have you ever tried Jungling with Shaco in TT? I know the jungling rotation for shaco in SR like the back of my hand, but for TT, still not sure what's the best route. I do know forsure Shaco is 10x more effective because there are more 1v1 fights, solo lanes to gank, and less focusfire so he can survive. He can also stack like a boss in TT, his deceive was made for the map.
The bug was that GA didn't work 70% of the time. Period.


It had nothing to do with "it procc'd on clone, therefore it didn't proc on you."

It just didn't work for you, it had nothing to do with your clone or Shaco in general. It happened to all champions.

/facepalm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrolCat

Junior Member

06-21-2010

Why Aegis? When you can buy all that stuff you're doing pretty well in terms of kills, so why not keep the snowball going? Why Aegis when you can get more AS/AD?