^ Minor Tactic with Nasus and Ashe. ^

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

It's nothing big, just something I suddenly came up with.

Nasus' Spirit Fire causes the enemies have their armor reduced by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 and are dealt 20 / 34 / 48 / 62 / 76 (+0.2 per ability power) magic damage each second.

Ashe's Volley fires 9 arrows in a cone dealing attack damage +40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80. Volley also applies Frost Shot slow. Benefits from armor penetration/reduction.

Since Nasus' Spirit Fire reduces enemy armor, deals damage but is easy to get out of, and Ashe's Volley is easy to hit, deals more damage against lower armored targets, but is not too damaging, I think these two can do well when combined together.
The Armor reduction from Spirit Fire will help Ashe to deal much bigger damage with Volley, and Ashe's Volley slow will help the enemies stay in the Spirit Fire for longer duration.

As a bonus, Nasus' SF reduces the enemy armor, not penetrates, so it will work even if Ashe got Brutalizer or the enemy has 0 armor.

In conclusion, I think Nasus and Ashe can be good buddies in a lane in theory. They will harass the enemy (especially melee) with the above combo and farm minions waves like no tomorrow. What do you think?

Jagxyz

06-19-2010

Nasus can already farm minion waves, and ashe can already harass enemies

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Yes, but this tactic is supposed to make the harassing and farming even better using the combination of the two. It is not about 1+1=2, it is about 1+1=3.

Again, it was just theory crafting, I never tested it out as to exact effectiveness. If any of you tried it, please let me know.

Anarchy656

06-19-2010

SF is still too easy to get out of, but it is a decent pushing lane. I would however take Ashe/Janna over Ashe/Nasus.

shubomber

06-19-2010

In teamfights, I like using Wither on an enemy carry and then dropping SF right in front of them, so that it pops as their walking over it, and because they're slowed they spend more time in it.

There's definitely some synergy with Nasus and other CC champions. Dropping SF on top of the already nasty Malz/Morg combo could be fun.

I just realized... has anyone tried Nasus with Rylai's? SS would slow (chasing is easier), Wither would slow even more (anti-carry + easier chasing), SF would slow (aoe teamfight tide-turner), ult would slow (annihilation).

I mean, if your team already has a tank and you already have TriForce, then you could probably skip Glacial/Banshees and pick up a Rylai's instead for epic pwnerization. Gotta go play some practice games.

xahhfink6

06-19-2010

It wouldnt work very well because they would be ifghting over last hits and end up not getting as farmed as they would like...

What spirit fire does is gets them to move AWAY from their creeps, so a skillshot champ like blitz, ap ezreal (ad would have the same farming problem), or morgana could be a decent partner

Lynxion

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
Ashe's Volley is easy to hit, deals more damage against lower armored targets, but is not too damaging,
What ****ing planet do you come from where 300 damage ever 4 seconds at lvl 9 isn't "damaging"?

Rekirts

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubomber View Post
I just realized... has anyone tried Nasus with Rylai's? SS would slow (chasing is easier), Wither would slow even more (anti-carry + easier chasing), SF would slow (aoe teamfight tide-turner), ult would slow (annihilation).

I mean, if your team already has a tank and you already have TriForce, then you could probably skip Glacial/Banshees and pick up a Rylai's instead for epic pwnerization. Gotta go play some practice games.
Only problem is Nasus doesnt benefit from AP nearly as much as would need to be useable. Only SF and his ulti, but not by much at all... Gold much better spent elsewhere.

Graog

06-19-2010

Wither would not slow more with the addition of a Rylai's. Slows do not stack, the most powerful at the time is the predominant.

Situation: 2 slows. Slow A) has a longer duration and a smaller decrease in movement speed. Slow B) has a shorter duration and a longer decrease in movement speed. Both are applied simultaneously: Slow B will over-ride Slow A until it expires, at which time Slow A will 'begin', until the finish of it's duration.

EnygmaSoul

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graog View Post
Wither would not slow more with the addition of a Rylai's. Slows do not stack, the most powerful at the time is the predominant.

Situation: 2 slows. Slow A) has a longer duration and a smaller decrease in movement speed. Slow B) has a shorter duration and a longer decrease in movement speed. Both are applied simultaneously: Slow B will over-ride Slow A until it expires, at which time Slow A will 'begin', until the finish of it's duration.
Sighs. I really get tired of people saying "slows do not stack" without doing the homework first.

For the most part, yes, you are correct, slows do not stack. If Nasus hits me with Wither and Ashe volleys me, only the Wither is going to actually take effect (I can't imagine a freakish situation where the frost arrow slow is stronger).

However, it has been tested and proven, as recently as two patches ago (and I have not seen patch notes countering this) that if you equip either a Frozen Mallet or a Rylai's Scepter, and use them in conjunction with slows your character possesses, the end result is indeed a greater slow.

I've tested this myself, simply by doing the following, and if you would like, in seven easy steps you can to!

Step 1) Get a friend. I know this is difficult for some of you, but it's of vital importance unless you want to try recording data during an actual match, which can affect match performance.

Step 2) Invite that friend into a practice match in which you are both the only champions on your team.

Step 3) Have either you, your friend, or both of you farm minions until you've reached the gold required to rush your item of choice: either a frozen mallet or a rylai's scepter.

Step 4) BEFORE you buy the Item of Choice, use your champion's slowing ability. Record
the change to your friend's movement speed, both before and after you use the ability.

Step 5) Blue pill. Buy your item of choice.

Step 6) Use the same ability you just used on your friend before you pilled. If your Item of Choice was a Frozen Mallet, make sure to land a single physical attack afterwards.
6a) Make sure it is the same rank of the skill, and that no other relevant variables have changed (are there slows that scale with anything other than skill rank?).
6b) Record the speed he is reduced to. Compare it to the previous speed.

Step 7) Realize that the speed you just recorded was a lower value than the first one you took note of. Look for a possible explanation. Consider that the lower value may have resulted from the combination of both your slow-inducing champion ability AND the item with which you've equipped them.

This was tested with Janna's Zephyr (rylai), Nasus' Wither (Mallet), Shaco's Two-Shiv Poison (Mallet), and Nunu's snowball, of which I forget the name (Rylai).