Ionic Spark - any chance for improvement?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperSobotka

10-25-2011

i like this item for bottom lane, its a GREAT item for pushing

it also lets you harrass the enemy from a safe range if there are enemy creeps you can hit and bounce to.

Brackhar

Features Designer

10-25-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think the item bares some re-evaluation, definitely. It's a fun item when at the right power, I just think the numbers are a little off now. Thanks for bringing it up!

Phourc

10-25-2011

Aww, your item thread got Brackhar's attention!

Mind looking at mine too?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1403124

Hugs From Momma

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I think the item bares some re-evaluation, definitely. It's a fun item when at the right power, I just think the numbers are a little off now. Thanks for bringing it up!
Swrrrrt

N49

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
While you're at it, buff SOTD too, and maybe make both deal the bonus damage in smaller amounts on every hit, cause it's not as fun to have a proc "once in a while".

Moo 777

10-25-2011

Seconding Hugs from Momma's evaluation.

And on a side note they are a stompin' Ryze to try to play against

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2011

I have tried to build this a few times since I love the baby Storm Shield-esque lightning bolts... But considering it's cost and place in builds, Wit's End is better in almost every situation.

skooterpoop

10-25-2011

It's weaker in team fights but it definitely has more potential than tiamat as a pushing item. It hits 4 units, intentionally supposed to be the 3 units of a wave and the 4th laner. Every sort of hero has the potential to push hard with some sort of item except for ranged attackers. This item fixes that and allows for anyone to play bot potentially.
I think the stats are fine as they are. Perhaps what the item needs is some sort of active ability. I think it would certainly make up for the cost.

Ulstan

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvor View Post
spark is for pusher... It doesn't really offer much PvP as it is usually 1 to 2 people at most, but putting it on pusher like sivir and she will wipe minion waves under seconds.
Any good pusher with good aoe abilities are going to wipe a wave in seconds anyway (Kayle, Sivir) with or without this item.

People who have no aoe attacks are not suddenly going to become good pushers by buying this item.

Phourc

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulstan View Post
People who have no aoe attacks are not suddenly going to become good pushers by buying this item.
I actually was curious about this, so I tried it on the worst pusher I play: Poppy.

Did it work? Kinda, yeah. I feel the attackspeed helped a bit more than the proc, since the minions run like 35 magic resist (taste my 75 damage lightning of doom!), however it did help noticeably against big groups, and a lucky proc did win me a 1v1.

Would I build it again? Well... maybe if I got stuck as poppy in bot?

A better pick shouldn't need it but it's cool that the option is there to save a bad bottom pick. At least against a mediocre cho xP