Are some supports in Dominion viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KommunistKevin

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elealar View Post
Once you have Cap, you have 400 AP easily with runes and masteries + RoA & Codex. Xin'll have his items but he generally itemizes ASpd for obvious reasons, which was accounted for already. He may and should itemize defense in such a scenario but at that point the math gets too complex to truly be worth it. All I can tell you is that in my practical experience, you should have no trouble laying a hurt on him as long as he isn't able to stack only MR (that is, your team contains multiple physical damage dealers too) and after your first volley, you can easily land a second one before his cooldowns are back up.

Xin can't really escape; again, he's slowed and he's forced to commit to do ****. Xin's biggest weakness is that he's so all-in; once a Xin engages, anyone with a slow can prevent him from disengaging and anyone with a strong slow can prevent him from continuing to engage either putting him in an awkward position against anyone that doesn't instantly die or want to fight him 1v1. Xin wrecks in the fair fight but we're specifically talking about not fighting the fair fight here. Fighting fair against champions who can only engage in melee is stupid.

The map isn't only about melee champions. Melee champions are terribly suited for capturing defended points and quite poor for defending points too. Melees' niché is fighting over uncontrolled points and in the jungle, and during dives; they have their place but a team of only melees is, put frankly, quite terrible against a rounded team.
And no you cant land a second volley after his CDS are up, most xins get CDR boots and ghostblade and go 21/6/3 getting 33% cdr

He will get his E back up in 5 seconds

Don't believe me we can 1 v 1 on dominion right after im done reformatting, ill play X to the Z and you can play Janna we will fight in the center

Elealar

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
And no you cant land a second volley after his CDS are up, most xins get CDR boots and ghostblade and go 21/6/3 getting 33% cdr

He will get his E back up in 5 seconds

Don't believe me we can 1 v 1 on dominion right after im done reformatting, ill play X to the Z and you can play Janna we will fight in the center
CDR boots over Mercs/Tabi on Xin? Are you serious? If "most" Xins do that in your average game, they have to be god-awful...

We can do 1v1 indeed tho I don't see what it'll prove either way. Xin's build is much more restricted in a 5v5 than in a 1v1 'cause he realistically has to prepare to pack defenses against multiple types of opponents; in a 5v5, you have to be prepared to 1v1 anyone on the opposing team, after all. My NA account is also only level 26 though how much that will realistically matter I can't say.

KommunistKevin

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elealar View Post
CDR boots over Mercs/Tabi on Xin? Are you serious? If "most" Xins do that in your average game, they have to be god-awful...

We can do 1v1 indeed tho I don't see what it'll prove either way. Xin's build is much more restricted in a 5v5 than in a 1v1 'cause he realistically has to prepare to pack defenses against multiple types of opponents; in a 5v5, you have to be prepared to 1v1 anyone on the opposing team, after all. My NA account is also only level 26 though how much that will realistically matter I can't say.
There is no reason to get merc threads in dominion

merc threads are only good on SR where everybody has flash and the only way to get a kill is using CC, Taric flashes out of nowhere stuns you and the person you are laning against hits you with their stun/snare immediately afterwards if you had mercthreads you would survive and be able to flash out immediately afterwards, or if you get caught out of place and are getting tons of cc dropped on you

You won't be facing barely any CC on dominion so its pointless to get merc threads, haven't seen anybody buying merc threads at all.

Ninja Tabi is just bad in general nothing in Xin Zhao's kit synergizes with dodge

Meanwhile you NEED the cooldown reduction from boots and ghostblade to do the double knockup and double charge, and there are no other cdr items for melee champs other than ghost blade and cdr boots other than frozen heart (why get frozen heart when thornmail is so much better?) and spirit visage.

Talon/renekton/Xinzhao/Irelia/Gp all get cdr boots and ghostblade

You can buy thornmail on Janna if you want, and 4 levels, 4 mastery points and a couple of runes are not going to make much of a difference especially since we will be fighting endgame where runes don't really matter as much

Wibbiz

01-28-2012

so... Who won?

rock ant13

01-28-2012

Build Kayle as a hybrid support and Attack Dps and you can get over 20 kills

Emeraldw

01-28-2012

Karma is a hilarious support on dominion.

Speed boost, powerful shield (AoE Damage with it too), AOE attack (with heal) and scales very well with AP.

I like her. I wish her W was more impressive but Q and E work wonders. I am trying to decide if I should do Q or E first though.

urmamasllama

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueadan View Post
I've had pretty good sucess with Taric, though I build him more like a tank.

Merc Treads, Spirit Shroud, Frozen Heart (or Morello's if mostly magic damage on enemy team), and Odyn's Veil are the core items, then from there usually an abyssal scepter or whatever the situation calls for.
really? cuz i build stark's cleaver

maxusmaximus

01-28-2012

i forgot how much kommunist hated supports on dom... wonder how he feels now considering just about every team takes one in comps and at high elo.

when dom started out people used to cry when i took sona but they would change their mind by the end of the game. very rarely hear 'sona is bad' any more.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock ant13 View Post
Build Kayle as a hybrid support and Attack Dps and you can get over 20 kills
Kayle stopped being a support ages ago, now she is a kayle, something weird that just exists and managed to find a place in dominion.

Imfrknbad

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekele0 View Post
The reason I'm wondering is because Sona is my main, but I keep seeing threads where people say supports suck in Dominion, so I've been afraid to try her. However, she seems pretty viable to me as she has things I feel would be viable in Dominion, like her movement speed buff. Do you think Sona or any supports would be viable for Dominion?
People are unintelligent. Supports work great especially if you have bruisers. You just have to build them differently. Karma is my favorite for dominion but I've played sona. Try her out and learn dominion for yourself. Don't listen to other people. Just start with your typical SR build because that will suit your playstyle. You probably wont do too well at first then just evolve your build from there.