An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

okrichie

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
Isn't the point to make noobs better not to make them feel good about being bad?

AND

Encouraging them to continue to be bad?

When you go to your AA meetings don't they call that a enabler?

for now on rich your title is

NoobNoobEnabler the 3rd
I'll give you this, you do have a sense of humour. Rofl. This made me laugh.

No one ever said we wanted to modify emotion. In fact emotion doesn't really have to come into it at all. It only comes into it when I whine cause I'm a noob and buy Warmogs when playing Ryze and feed our enemy like a hungry hungry hippo in burger king and you yell at me, and it comes into play when you lose your temper because people don't agree with you on the forums and can't handle losing admirably..

So yes in our sad cases there is emotion involved but the aim of this post, if you recall, was that people should show a little self re-cocking-spect towards one another. You do know what respect means, don't you?

This thread is just pointing out a few reasons why people are the way they are and makes a few suggestions as to how to handle those people more prudently. You don't HAVE to like it nor do you HAVE to obey. You're free to do as you please and I dare say I didn't need to tell you that anyway.

Cyst

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrichie View Post
So yes in our sad cases there is emotion involved but the aim of this post, if you recall, was that people should show a little self re-cocking-spect towards one another. You do know what respect means, don't you?
Sure ... I do... DO YOU?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect
Quote:
Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected
RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN

IF me not giving every drug addict, 12 year old kid and forum troll respect instantly... doesn't earn respect for me.... I DO NOT GIVE A RATS A$$

Specially considering they ruined the game I am playing.... wasting MY TIME

okrichie

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
Sure ... I do... DO YOU?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect
RESPECT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN

IF me not giving every drug addict, 12 year old kid and forum troll respect instantly... doesn't earn respect for me.... I DO NOT GIVE A RATS A$$

Specially considering they ruined the game I am playing.... wasting MY TIME
You're seemingly under the impression that someone that plays badly at this game is also involved in other negative persuits in life. Why does playing badly at LoL imply that they're anti social? That makes no sense at all.

Just to clarify as you seem unsure of my meaning, when I suggest you respect the people you play with, I am not making any indication to your observation of their play style. I am simply implying that it's appropriate to respect that they're a fellow human being. Making assumptions about who they are based on how they play is ridiculous.

Having some general respect for your fellow players is just courteous, you don't have to have a heart felt passion for them. Not all respect is earned, for example some is implicit and some is enforced.

Wikipedia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Richie,
Imagine you're playing a game with 4other people but they are absolutely horrible, your team goes 0-12 in 5minutes and when you try to give them some tiny advice, they go STFU NOOB I PLAYED THIS FOR 2YEARS then you get that one ******bag who thinks he pro because he's afking at spawn and then you get some tank who's just farming for 30minutes and gets absolutely nothing, wouldn't you be irritated?.

If you used malady/zerkers/warmogs and owned in some noob game, you would think you're pro right? And the second you hit a mid elo game, you get stomped and feed, won't you get the feeling that you're mentality is wrong?Thats how bad noobs develop to ruin games, they're too sheltered from good advice.

I don't expect people to be good, I expect them to actually know how to use skill on enemy>use another skill>GET KILLS! I don't have a problem with making some tiny mistakes such a misclick, first blood accidental death but tower diving repeatly to get one kill and making someone max out their snowball items is annoying as hell because the chances of you winning are extremely low.

I believe Nub-New guy, but can understand and learn that such things as warmogs/malady/zerkers are bad items and should not be gotten.5-4-6 score
Noob- I OWNZOR WITH MY BUILD, STFU YOU SUCK LOLOL MY TEAM FAILS BECAUSE THEY DON"T HELP ME AND I"M ONLY FEEDING CAUSE MY TEAM IS BAD.2-9-10 score
I wouldn't mind the nub and I would help him out or friend request him.

Tyrald Grimnod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

This whole discussion brings us to the fact that any aspect of being conceited/self-complacent ruins the game - regardless whether it is pro or noob who acts that way.
It was written about in this thread, but not emphasized. I believe that even Cyst would be more civil, if those that are told off by him didn't react the same way . Progress requires all people in community to work towards it.

Garresh

06-20-2010

Sadly...this is probably one of the most useful guides in LoL...

Ismodan

06-20-2010

well done sir, personally, i approve greatly. However, on one point. Sometimes ppl are noobs, like really noobs, like, rushing a tower without knowing it'll cycle them if they attack an enemy champ. In such cases, the reasons for them being noobish is not personality or character but rather, a lack of knowledge about the game. Reaming them out about it though, is definitely not a sure fire way of getting them to learn the intricacies of the game, on that, I fully agree. People really should be nicer and have some humility, it is a game after all...

Fawkward

06-20-2010

QQ im a noob

/thread

J Belern

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisaroth View Post
Btw, their is something that keeps haunting me: The difference in fall-acceleration at the poles and at the equinox, is it caused by the difference in the earth radius or is it caused by the rotation speed of the earth?
I believe it's caused by the rotation but my teachers always told me it's due to the difference in radius.

Its the difference in radius. The equation for force due to gravity is Fg=GMm/R^2

So the drop in radius cuts the acceleration due to gravity as the inverse square.

Carriers

06-20-2010

I really like this guide. I want to share an example of what should be done.
I played with a mundo yesterday that was horrible and he was asking what he could do to not die. I did get really annoyed with the fact that he's asking a question that was obvious to me. Instead of yelling at him I told him to add me and now I'm trying to help him get better.