Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
The recent patch changes should be beneficial to some of the problems you've pointed out. By reducing XP gain rates and tweaking the threshold of where kills can notch down nexus health, we have made it much easier to close out a game you are doing well with early -- before supercarries reliably go nuclear.

We aren't sure if we've fully accomplished this, but we will see. If not, we will make more changes.

Thank you for the recent changes. Early game actions do feel more impactful now. There are still some automated comeback mechanics like increased stats on losing team's minions, respawn timer differentials (disproportional to the small size of the map) , etc, but it feels better now than before. It's a step in the right direction.

rift chicken

10-20-2011

Woah. Zileas. Long time no see man.

Kiddalee

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
The enemy team could have the worst possible Akali player in existence. I could probably kill her 15 times and shut her down at every capture point. Even despite that, the system guarantees that Akali will be spoon-fed a full set of items, maximum levels, all the gold and exp she needs to become a hyper carry no matter how terrible of a player she is. She's being rewarded for being a bad player. That is something I do not agree with. A Summoner's Rift Akali has to play exceptionally well to earn that hyper carry status. She deserves it through good gameplay. On Dominion, Akali simply has to connect to the game and she's guaranteed to be spoon fed a full set of equipment and max levels by the system. That is an example of how wrong the Dominion system is.
Maybe your problem is your team composition. Let's say you're a competent Akali player, and you keep killing the worst possible Akali player. Do you truly believe she is going to end up with as much money and experience as you?

Kiddalee

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalityVoX View Post
Don't forget how the "quest" system basically punishes whoever won windmill first. "Five minutes into the game? Better give the losing team a capture point, 20 extra nexus damage, and a team buff."

Assume you're on blue team and you won windmill, then suddenly it's QUEST TIME; you must take the drill WHILE defending windmill, your task actually requires effort whereas purple can win the quest through attrition alone more often than not.

It's like getting bonus gold for ending a spree when there's no gold loss on death, it punishes the aggressive, more skilled player for acting in the best interest of his team if that interest involves him dying, and rewards a player on the losing team for getting lucky/zerging the person who was on the spree.

Honestly, quests should only be fought between the quarry and the boneyard.
Here's an idea. You won Windmill. You already have three points. Don't pursue the quest.

Kiddalee

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
The quests are easier? Again, that's only natural. The quests are for seizing territory. If you've already seized the majority of the territory, the only thing left for you to take would be their stronghold where their defenses can easily be concentrated. On the other hand, you're already spread thin, so of course they can easily assault your tower to take the quest.
I think people fail to realize that when they have three points and a quest pops up, they don't have to complete the quest. Furthermore, if nobody completes it, it won't go away. You have plenty of time to wait for the enemy to get aced trying to quest you, and then take the quest. This is what the losing team tends to do to you, since you overextend as though you need that quest right away. As long as you have three points, you're winning.

Kiddalee

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseBearDad View Post
The biggest problem here is the respawn timers. I can't tell you how many times I will get to take the drill or the opposite of that (cant remember the name) and people will just keep respawning rapidly. After I get killed by their point, itll take me forever to respawn and they will take back the drill and proceed to the windmill. Gold wouldnt be as big an issue if it wasnt for the fact that the losing teams respawn timers get lower and lower for chain deaths.
Then know when to retreat. Sometimes a neutralize is all you can get on the enemy's doorstep before it's time to run.

Miles Long

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Thank you for the recent changes. Early game actions do feel more impactful now. There are still some automated comeback mechanics like increased stats on losing team's minions, respawn timer differentials (disproportional to the small size of the map) , etc, but it feels better now than before. It's a step in the right direction.
You're cute. Practically nothing changed.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Quote:
The biggest problem here is the respawn timers. I can't tell you how many times I will get to take the drill or the opposite of that (cant remember the name) and people will just keep respawning rapidly. After I get killed by their point
Yeah..THEIR points are tricky to hold...that's kinda the idea. That's why Windmill is the most important. Not being able to hold the point closest to their respawn doesn't mean there is a problem with respawn timers...that's just crazy.

Thunderkleize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
The recent patch changes should be beneficial to some of the problems you've pointed out. By reducing XP gain rates and tweaking the threshold of where kills can notch down nexus health, we have made it much easier to close out a game you are doing well with early -- before supercarries reliably go nuclear.

We aren't sure if we've fully accomplished this, but we will see. If not, we will make more changes.
Too little too late. I have no desire to play Dominion anymore.

Jadarok

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderkleize View Post
Too little too late. I have no desire to play Dominion anymore.
What the heck kind of response is that? Like your interests are conditional with time limits?
I'm pretty sure pretending you are a whinny teenager is the worst way to get what you want out of a game.