An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rooke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

You know, being a noob doesn't make you an idiot, but i swear, some of the moves i see them make certainly gets me wondering...honestly, sometimes you just have to wonder, what was going through their head? Also, if you respond to me, i request that there be a link to wikipedia.

Nihili

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
I'm a new player and I agree with Cyst. Being called names for stupid stuff I have done just gives me that fuel to get better. It's a proven tactic that works. I don't think the Drill Sargent in a basic (boot camp) is going to say "Excuse me sir, but the way you are holding and squeezing the trigger on your m16 is incorrect. Can you please rectify the situation by doing it the correct way."
You see man, I totally understand your point, but the thing is - we're not in a ****ing boot camp.

That is all.

Rooke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihili View Post
You see man, I totally understand your point, but the thing is - we're not in a ****ing boot camp.

That is all.
time to impose marshall law and make it a boot camp.

Cyst

06-16-2010

Quote:

That is all.
So?
Doesn't mean it doesn't work

Nihili

06-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
So?
Doesn't mean it doesn't work
I'm not saying it doesn't work.

I'm saying not everyone wants to be treated like in a boot camp. If you do, I'm sure your country's army is recruiting. I'm here to have some fun.

okrichie

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
I'm a new player and I agree with Cyst. Being called names for stupid stuff I have done just gives me that fuel to get better. It's a proven tactic that works. I don't think the Drill Sargent in a basic (boot camp) is going to say "Excuse me sir, but the way you are holding and squeezing the trigger on your m16 is incorrect. Can you please rectify the situation by doing it the correct way."
It's proven? Care to show me that evidence?

Using a boot camp is your evidence? You do realise that in a boot camp, people are being paid to do that job, their livelihood is at stake and in a warzone there's no room to mess up; people die.

Besides, this is a computer game, and I think the idea of using military structure and discipline is a bit overkill, don't you? Especially when you consider there's thirteen year olds playing.

Also note that military discipline is not used commonly outside of the military. There's a reason for that and I'd imagine it has something to do with it being context sensitive. In a chain of military command, it's important that subordinates obey the structure, but if you work in McDonalds, you don't expect the store manager to yell at you like a Drill Sargeant because you didn't flip the burgers. Context sensitive.

okrichie

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooke View Post
You know, being a noob doesn't make you an idiot, but i swear, some of the moves i see them make certainly gets me wondering...honestly, sometimes you just have to wonder, what was going through their head? Also, if you respond to me, i request that there be a link to wikipedia.
Some people don't give games much thought, a lot of games don't require much. This is one of those games where you have to think a lot more than usual. It's a demanding game. You have a lot to keep track of and the more you play the more you adjust with experience.

People just seem to expect everyone to play the game amazingly well very quickly but people don't always adapt so quickly.

I imagine with people like this, what's going through their head is probably something like "What I had for dinner was awesome" or "I hate my boss" or "I love my wife" it could be anything but it's probably not the game itself.

As for a wikipedia link.. Try this on for size:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Seraphini****

okrichie

06-17-2010

Quote:
I'm not saying it doesn't work.

I'm saying not everyone wants to be treated like in a boot camp. If you do, I'm sure your country's army is recruiting. I'm here to have some fun.
Exactly.

Cyst

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrichie View Post
Exactly.
Isn't the point to make noobs better not to make them feel good about being bad?

AND

Encouraging them to continue to be bad?

When you go to your AA meetings don't they call that a enabler?

for now on rich your title is

NoobNoobEnabler the 3rd

omenamato

06-17-2010

Riot,

Please make this thread sticky on general forum. There are so many people around who should read this.