Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evolved86

10-14-2011

Hold 3 points....win....
Some champions are not early game champions or scale better with items as well. Just because you win early game doesn't mean you win the game.

BurntWalrus

10-14-2011

Yet another friend quitting LoL cus dominion has too much rubberbanding in dominion.

Seriously riot, who wants to play these games where you have this huge advantage and then when there score is low enough they get an advantage just as big.

Riot's lack of support for legitimate gameplay and strategy is dissapointing.

Its not a comeback if the game gives you a boost. Its just riot interevening to make the game more "interesting" so the noobs don't feel bad when they are losing. But it discourages any competitive play in the end.

P0tat0salad

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskstryder View Post
I'd give an additional +100 if I could.
And another +50 from me too.

Sparkfun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

I'm tired of these stupid "fixes" that make it so that if you have the advantage against the enemy stupid carry team they get the chance to comeback and be the hyper carries they are wiping your team off the map

Ikruti

10-14-2011

I'm not sure I understand what the advantages for the losing team are.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, the supposed advantages are:
1. Decreased respawn timers.
2. Gold advantage.
3. Easier quests / easier to assault points

Am I misunderstanding this? If not, it's easy to see where most of those are either not advantages or to be expected.

2. Gold - This one I completely don't understand. If you die, you do continue to gain gold, however, how is this any different than SR? If you're dead, you can't kill minions or capture points or get kills/assists, which are all three alternative sources of gold. So...I really don't see how this one is any different than SR.

3. Easier quests / easier to assault points - This makes absolute sense. Remember, this is a game of territory control, not a fortress assault. SR's fundamental game play is that once an objective is completed, it's not reversible, that is to say, you can never rebuild turrets (although inhibitors respawn which mucks it up a little). Dominion is completely different, it's more like Risk in that sense. Each gain you make can be undone by your opponent. And in that sense, that makes complete sense. In Risk, if you tried to control all of Asia, you gained a massive boost but it was darn near undefenseable because of how thin you had to spread yourself to do that. Same thing in Dominion, if you extend your territory that wide, then naturally a concentrated assault force can overwhelm a thinly defended turret.

The quests are easier? Again, that's only natural. The quests are for seizing territory. If you've already seized the majority of the territory, the only thing left for you to take would be their stronghold where their defenses can easily be concentrated. On the other hand, you're already spread thin, so of course they can easily assault your tower to take the quest.

EDIT to add another point: Remember that if you're up say 4 turrets to 1, the quest will become fair easier for them for one simple reason....they have almost nothing to lose. The difference between 3 to 2 and 4 to 1 is massive, it's a 300% increase in difference. So let's say they ball up and assault the quest point with 5 people, at worst case trade off it's a 4 to 1 shift to 4 to 1 shift, they take the point and lose the other point. If you're up 4 to 1 and assault that one point...you have 4 points they can assault while you're taking the quest. You have far more to lose and those have to be more hesitant in resource committal.

The only thing left is the respawn timers. I will be honest though, the explanation given doesn't make much sense. True it does somewhat simulate being deep in enemy territory on SR and dying and how that would reflect in how long it takes to get back to the action. However it completely disregards the fact that in SR if you die two feet from your nexus...you still have a very long respawn timer in which the enemy can press a large advantage. I see where you're going with it, getting back in the action is really respawn + travel time (hence why TP is so nice) and just respawn time, but I think the fundamental flaw is that thinking that since travel time is lessened that you should increase respawn time, the two have fundamentally different aspects to them in how they affect the game flow and as such can't be considered interchangeable.

P.S. I'm for Dominion, I love the gameplay and have had several wins where I was 400+. I've had some loses that way too. The key is never let up.

BurntWalrus

10-14-2011

Faster tick count btw.

SirTimbo

10-14-2011

There is no comeback mechanic, but unlike SR there's a mechanic that stops just killing heroes from winning the game which opens up other strats and comps.

You can't go into dominion with a setup designed to kill the enemy team most efficiently as they'll just hold onto 3 points permanently and your killing of them becomes worthless at the 10 second respawn mark when you can't take anything.

Counter picking isn't nearly as strong in such a mobile and fluid game either as you may rarely get to exploit it.

Seņor Pancho

10-14-2011

also keep in mind that dominion is still pretty new and they will make adjustments, just like last patch. personally, the ONLY thing dominion needs is a different mid:

right now, there are 2 crystals to get for a so-so buff. boring as ****. IMO it should be something else... more exciting, and maybe combine the quests to it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouVertica View Post
Faster tick count btw.
Not true. Points are depleted by either side at the exact same rate. The only modifier is the difference in control points.

Talamare

10-14-2011

/support removing the "benefits" of "losing"

the game should have a consistent penalty/reward system thru out the whole game

it should not change near the end