The current 3v3 Meta: Explained to it's fullest.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ehrenpreis

10-11-2011

Hey there! You may be wondering, how can this random forum-goer know Twisted Treeline's meta...Wellp I'm currently top 100 in 3v3s and I'm here to educate the public!

The strongest team composition at the moment includes the following:

1. A main jungler (someone highly mobile who can move in between lanes and make sure that dragon is captured everytime it spawns).

2. A second very strong champion who lanes and farms but can pick up a wriggles because it's imbalanced, giving vision of half the map and doubling the speed of dragon. These laners are very mobile and disruptive, usually can gank at early levels; and snowball

3. A strong laner. Preferably someone who is immovable from the lane, who has CC and can keep mid warded without dying.

The top main junglers go as follows: Lee sin, Udyr, Warwick(past 6), Tryndamere, Nocturne

The top top lane champions go as follows: Jax, Yorick, Gangplank, Singed, Riven, Renekton, Garen, Akali

The bottom lane champions go as follows: Karma, Rumble, Cho gath, Morgana, Poppy(yes she is crazy in this map but still has troubles farming) Yorick, Ryze, Lanewick, Garen, Gragas

^All in no particular order

WRIGGLES IS THE BEST 3v3 ITEM IN THE GAME.
It supplies wards all game, lifesteal, armor, damage, procs for taking down red, green, black, and dragon buffs.

Dragon is EVERYTHING. +280 gold and a global buff anyone? This gives you absurd gold and level advantages and makes the other team passive while the buff duration is in effect.

Vision wards and oracles are optimal on your beefiest champion to counter wriggles wards and ensure that you have constant vision of dragon and red.

Other popular warding spots are the bushes where jungle creeps are on the top of the map.

Twisted Treeline is different than Summoners Rift in the sense that things snowball incredibly fast. You aren't farming for a half an hour or stacking gold/10 to buy that big item 40 minutes in. You're going for early game advantages and quick disruptions to end the game.

Just because a champion isn't on the list doesn't mean it isn't viable. Those are just what I see as the most viable 3v3 champions based on my ranked games.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

not necessarily explained to its fullest, but pretty accurate give or take a champion or two

Ehrenpreis

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
not necessarily explained to its fullest, but pretty accurate give or take a champion or two
Thank you for the feedback. Which champions do you have in mind?

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

gangplank jungle is really good, and ww is often considered weak because of his relatively weak 6. Trynd usually just lanes, jax will get shut down by a competent player using any of the better lane champs, ,and gragas is really good bot as well

Clubbems

10-12-2011

Quote:
The top main junglers go as follows: Lee sin, Udyr, Warwick(past 6), Tryndamere, Nocturne

The top top lane champions go as follows: Jax, Yorick, Gangplank, Singed, Riven, Renekton, Garen, Akali

The bottom lane champions go as follows: Rumble, Cho gath, Morgana, Poppy(yes she is crazy in this map but still has troubles farming) Yorick, Ryze, Lanewick, Garen

^All in no particular order
Inb4thornmail

Zionyx

10-12-2011

wheres Gangplank?

Also, jungle warwick sucks a bit.

Ehrenpreis

10-12-2011

Gangplank is a much stronger top lane than a jungle because of his herp derp harass and ability to farm more with parly.

Charlie460

10-12-2011

which champ is ur main in 3s ? cauz every 3s ranked I try to get Lee Sin, but never jungled with him yet in 3s. I jungle every single game when I play him in SR, but in 3s, I never seen the utility. I'm gonna try it and find the best possible route for him. The thing is that if I get smite, I cant have exhaust ? Do u take flash ? What are the spells u suggest for Lee Sin jungle in 3s

Ehrenpreis

10-14-2011

I play Gangplank.

You don't need exhuast, just have your top lane take it. Go to the bush on your side, then top left corner, then go to dragon and gank with q and e at lv2. Usually firstblood if the other person doesnt flash away

Felza

10-15-2011

I always take top as riven, since early levels 1-4 I can take out quite a variety of champions. I m not that scared of ranged either, since I can close distance really fast. I once had a win streak of 12 wins in a row with riven, but i lost it when i tried leesin on the map ( yes I suck with him)