Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tiennen07

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
Wrong, they are getting easier quests to begin with.
the reason they get easier quests? your team was derptarded and decided to push to their two closest points.

quests are assigned randomly to capture points hte enemy team has.

Jeepers Creepers

10-11-2011

Wrong again. The losing team gets the quests on their closest capture points.

urmamasllama

10-11-2011

Quote:
wrong again

i have had a quest pop up with their mid and top

we had their mid and they had top

its pretty much random

IS1429332aa9b633

10-11-2011

Late game champions can turn games around, that's why I think most people underestimate Skarner.
I get my full build at 18min, then we roll over the enemy team.
He's the opposite of Garen, who does great early, but is kinda useless late game except for the silence.

XaoGarrent

10-11-2011

I disagree. I'm sick of the one sided slaughterfests that happen on SR. One or two people on the enemy team get fed, and if you don't have anything to match them you're boned. If you do, you still spend the rest of your game combating these one or two people. Even worse, games where you happen to get a bum lane combo, and get shut down early by something completely out of your control and you spend the entire game playing catch up and always being one step behind because while you're farming so is the enemy team. Not to mention, there's always some jackass on SR playing a non-carry type character and soaking up all the creep gold.

LoL is an extremely snowbally game in and of itself. These mechanics are needed to balance this out.

b0rg

10-11-2011

Quote:
It's funny when people make unqualified statements about hidden game mechanics in this still-relatively-new map without any evidence.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Do you have any hard numbers?

Say a team is winning 400 to 50. What exactly are the effects that the losing team gains over the winning team?

Are their death timers cut in half? a fourth? 99%?

Do they REALLY get extra gold? Double? 10x? a million times more??

Without specific numbers and rules, nobody can really determine whether the rubberband/big brother mechanisms are too much or not...

j00baka

10-11-2011

I feel its the back and forth over the "losing" teams closer turrets that accelerates the gold for both sides that makes it feel closer. Accelerating the opponents power curve by forcing a back and forth is a situation you can avoid by not forcing those towers to "win harder." Protect your killing sprees and your towers. If you can't hold a fourth long enough to deal significant damage, it may hurt your team more than it helps (especially if you have to sacrifice killing sprees to take/hold it). A constant back and forth may increase the gold pools to include the luxury items needed to counter certain advantages. A Lightbringer or Hextech Sweeper may diminish Akali's presence by letting them cc her. A Thornmail on their Pantheon will hurt your Tryn. A 1 item advantage is great when they have 3 items and you have 4. It is weaker when they have 4 and you have 5.

KalaVedaks

10-11-2011

you must not know TF

Necks

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiennen07 View Post
so, youre complaining because you want the losing to team to get money at a slower rate than the winning team?

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT YOUR WISH! The winning team gets more gold than the losing team by simply having a better creepscore, and by getting more kills than the losing team,

really, i don't understand what your problem is. in SR I don't complain about the enemy team getting their passive gold. and omg, if they all build a GP5 item they'd REALLY have the advantage!

stop crying just to cry, baddie.

If you read the original post, you'll know that I'm not complaining about losing. I don't have problems winning Dominion, really.

The issue at hand, here, is how the game mode assists losing teams so much to the extent that it feels like intervention.

The enemy team could have the worst possible Akali player in existence. I could probably kill her 15 times and shut her down at every capture point. Even despite that, the system guarantees that Akali will be spoon-fed a full set of items, maximum levels, all the gold and exp she needs to become a hyper carry no matter how terrible of a player she is. She's being rewarded for being a bad player. That is something I do not agree with. A Summoner's Rift Akali has to play exceptionally well to earn that hyper carry status. She deserves it through good gameplay. On Dominion, Akali simply has to connect to the game and she's guaranteed to be spoon fed a full set of equipment and max levels by the system. That is an example of how wrong the Dominion system is.

The Dominion system induces a comeback, not through the shaping up of player skill and better coordination from the losing team, but by literally feeding gold, exp, and items to them, changing Nexus point loss, changing respawn timers, etc. It's so artificial.