So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingofBlades15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutemade View Post
Ok, i read 3 pages of this and no1 mentioned that the HUD blocks the blue side, when you play on purple. While on blue the HUD is not in the way, because typically you will not get attacked from your own base. This creates a lot of blind spots for purple, and blue if aware of this can be creative in getting skill shots in. This is demonstrated on a few video on youtube as well, and mentioned in the HUD forums as well as few other sub forums.

Also the towers are not exactly mirrored. So the effective range on towers is a little bit better for blue. As in there are less obstructions, so enemy champions on purple have more area to get hit by towers. It's not really noticeable but there is a small difference. (I hope I remembered this right, this one was also confirmed by a red twice (from what I saw). And I don't think they put a fix in for it.)

Also the win rate after the gazillions of games riot had before they made the higher elo team spawn at top. Purple had like a 49% win rate and blue had a 51%, so to counter that out they made the higher elo team spawn on purple.
No one mentioned the HUD. REALLY?
Might wanna go back to kindergarten buddy.

Orleos

10-07-2011

Cameras are not a problem in the sense of locked vs unlocked. I have no problem there. To me it's just the health bars that get in the way, along with the minimap/ui getting in my way every now and then.

Other than that, camera angle being a problem is just for people who don't wanna unlock the camera or the newbies to the game (newbies being only valid excuse imo). Gotta learn to adapt guys. Shift with the game and you become a better player, make game shift for you, you don't learn jack.

GL and HF.

Kumatei

10-07-2011

I don't get the hate on locked camera.

It works perfectly fine for me, and I don't miss anything that I'd miss with it unlocked.

Someone ganking? I know, because I watch the minimap.
Buddy need help? I know, because I watch the minimap.

If I really need to see something far away, it doesn't take much to unlock and click over there.

The only thing I really struggle with is long ranged skill shots, and even then, only when I'm on the purple side.

Poptart Jesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Camera-wise it's more appealing to play as blue. Even with an unlocked camera.

Caryatid

10-08-2011

Here is the explanation regarding hit-boxes and fog-of-war:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYLp9AXNuis

The only other real difference is the bush placement between side lanes.

Atalie Louise

10-09-2011

whats wrong with having a locked screen? I can't play free because I always end up moving my mouse too fast and it goes off screen then I die :/

SANDISK 2GB

10-09-2011

Red buff for blue is super close to bot lane. This makes it easy for your jungler to give his red to your bot lane carry/support. However, on Purple side, you have the blue buff you can feed to your bottom lane champs. With the current meta, most junglers who don't need either (Lee Sin can do fairly well without either buff) will just feed their blue to their mid caster, and then their red to their bottom lane. If you try to give your bottom lane your blue (on purple side) then the enemy will merely give THEIR blue(blue side) to their mid, thus screwing your caster mid. This is mainly just based on the current meta game.

Linden Ryuujin

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
Here is the explanation regarding hit-boxes and fog-of-war:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYLp9AXNuis

The only other real difference is the bush placement between side lanes.
This.

I particularly think Kog'Maw has an advantage as blue. His Ulti leads with a bit line across the screen. If you fire it "down" screen towards blue they get a really nice view, even if the target spot is off screen. Fire it "up" toward purple and you get almost no warning because most of the line goes off the top of the screen, and if they're leading beyond the edge of your screen then you get no warning at all.

While these issues affect both teams depending on placement, given the flow of battle from base to base they're worse for purple more of the time.

This video shows some good examples how little warning you can get when Kog'Maw is aiming "up" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdgyH...eature=related

VanityFish

10-10-2011

when new to the game and just starting to play people instead of vs bots its tricky to get used to, learning purples jungle can be annoying if you have just practiced as blue team

GingerBeardMan

10-10-2011

I love how much **** people get for playing with locked camera... Guess what, dyrus does it and he's a pro... So, exactly why is it such a problem?