An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Essinem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1337 View Post
*round of applause*

if everyone was nice to newbs, newbs would stay newbs instead of trying harder to better themselves after every insult
I disagree, if someone is doing poorly they'll know it themselves without needing to be told.

All insulting someone does is make them angry at you and refuse to surrender just to piss you off.

Corpsestomp

06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essinem View Post
I disagree, if someone is doing poorly they'll know it themselves without needing to be told.

All insulting someone does is make them angry at you and refuse to surrender just to piss you off.
I agree with both points. And if I'm using a new champion(after a practice game or two) then I will refuse to surrender if you're a huge whiner since I didn't play 30 practice games before wanting to get some IP.

Also, the comment about saying things out loud instead of typing...I do that ALL the time. If I die because I expected backup and didn't get it, or one of my teammates has died multiple times to the same combo of moves, I yell at my screen. It's just not worth the effort to type it.

Goon Squ4d

06-11-2010

I agree with this for the most part but i also feel trash talk is hand and hand with anything competitive.Everyone loves a momma joke now and then lol I feel people should not take to heart things some stranger over the internet says to heart. Id rather be a noob and have fun playin then be pro and let a few mistakes ruin the entire game for me so they are the ones losein out imo

Lamaron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

Great points/read and something every gamer needs to understand. Thank you for taking the time to write this! +1 sir.

TheTruhan

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Squ4d View Post
I agree with this for the most part but i also feel trash talk is hand and hand with anything competitive.Everyone loves a momma joke now and then lol I feel people should not take to heart things some stranger over the internet says to heart. Id rather be a noob and have fun playin then be pro and let a few mistakes ruin the entire game for me so they are the ones losein out imo
Not everybody can be so tolerant and keep their composure, nor can they be understanding, nor not everybody can just laugh at some trash-talkers. Even though I'm usually calm myself, there are times when it gets annoying (with people trash-talking that is) for various reasons. But I do agree, I rather be a noob to have fun rather than be pro and gritting my teeth in front of my screen all day long cause of some 'noobs'

Azurris

06-11-2010

"Wouldn't it be nice if everybody were nice?"

"Yes it would"

And everybody lived happily ever after.

Lonther

06-11-2010

^^

theres some irony for ya

Sisaroth

06-11-2010

I agree with most things you said but how do you handle people who just don't listen when you give them useful advice?
I really lose my patience when i tell someone boots are the best item in the game but if he keeps ignoring you and keeps feeding the other team, than i start insulting. I can't stand people who intentionally ruin it.

Btw, their is something that keeps haunting me: The difference in fall-acceleration at the poles and at the equinox, is it caused by the difference in the earth radius or is it caused by the rotation speed of the earth?
I believe it's caused by the rotation but my teachers always told me it's due to the difference in radius.

Atticus Alistair

06-11-2010

Great post,

For me, a 27 year old, it comes down to this. Do you want to be a raging child, or do you want to step up and be a leader?

I've gone 11-0. Then sometimes, I'll go 0-11. Sometimes people will have bad games. Mine usually come when my lane mate is a runner not a fighter, so when this happens, I make sure I play a little more D minded. I would love nothing more than to run in there and kill them. But with my champ selections, it can't usually be done alone. I don't yell at them, I communicate. If I want to go for it, I communicate to them and set up a stategy. If they don't confirm they understand, guess what? I hug my tower if need be. As someone said above, you adjust to your mates playstyle.

Also, if someone is so terrible, then they can't have a good ELO. If they don't have a good ELO, then why did they get matched in a game with you? Oh, because you don't have a good ELO either.
Just blew your mind right there didn't I?

Fylos

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisaroth View Post
Btw, their is something that keeps haunting me: The difference in fall-acceleration at the poles and at the equinox, is it caused by the difference in the earth radius or is it caused by the rotation speed of the earth?
I believe it's caused by the rotation but my teachers always told me it's due to the difference in radius.
Your teachers are right.

The different distance to the earth's center of mass makes gravitation stronger if you are nearer, less strong if you are far away (as, for example, you are hardly affected by Saturn's gravity because its center of mass is so far away).

Earth rotation, on the surface, is always perpendicular to the direction of falling and therefore doesnt effect falling-acceleration.

Well, as far as regular physics are concerned. If there is some advanced reason why it should matter (and even more than center-of-mass-distance), just ignore me, but I cant think of one.