An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

12345612 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bjorn to be Wild

06-10-2010

Unfortunately, everyone who really needs to hear this will not want to listen to it. For some people, playing a game puts them into a really aggressive zone.

I very laudable post, though.

jetehbeast

06-10-2010

Stopped reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrichie View Post
I am a noob.
here.

But in all seriousness it was a good post, would read again.

MeditationError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

Bravo!

I do think you could have allowed more room for genuinely bad play though, and potentially fruitful ways to handle it.

As one example from a recent game, I had an ashe on our team who was feeding, charging in against two or more enemies and dying repeatedly, getting only an occasional kill.

I was playing Amumu, so rather than raging, I babysat.

Ashe was still overly aggressive, but I manged to provide enough support that her feeding them became me feeding her. She got some better gear, the team fights naturally built up around us, and we ending up winning. A friend in the game agreed that we won the game as a result of accomodating for the weaknesses in her playstyle.

Playing well with noobs is an important skill that will win you games, and ironically move you up the ladder away from noobs.

Ilchymis

06-10-2010

1. First person to complain is the worst person on your team. No exceptions.
2. Boasting or name-calling after you've won makes you a d-bag. No exceptions.

This is totally true for every game I have ever played. For another idea, I HEARTILY recommend the use of the ignore command. Usually I'll give someone some leniency, but if you start hating on your teammates you get the /ignore real fast.

I find the game much more enjoyable this way.

MUNDO CLEAVAGE

06-10-2010

stfu and learn 2 play Richard.

Stop feeding.

Noob.

Draik

06-10-2010

Well i totaly agree with you and in contrast to the one who said this doesnt happen in Lol he is wrong.

i have seen so much teammates blame the feeder and behave in such a imature way it sometimes make me sick. a particulary common case is the when you win a game and when you say "gg" the other people start to say "bg this suc k..etc". And the wost of all is to find people blaming others when they are the one who screwed the whole team (that do pis s me off)

people tend to give so much importance to winning or loosing they sometimes forget this is just a game and we all have a real life to take care of.

personally i play just for fun i dont care about my ELO and i usually do arranged with people i know they are not so good in the game. also, i never use insults as i believe they are useless in a game, if i have something to say i will give constructive advice telling him what should he do.

finally i would like to clarify an important mistake people tend to do. NOOB is someone who is just su cks but think of himself as the best of all (anoying people). people who make mistakes or are just new in the game are NEWBIES or AMATEUR.

Amaterasuomikami

06-10-2010

GREAT POST

Im going to foreward this to people lol

Essinem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-10-2010

No use criticising people for poor play really; MM places you with people around your own level so around 75% of the time it's just a person having a bad game; in the rare event that the person is genuinely worse than you; after a few games you'll probably never see them again.

And if there's a whiner on the other team ruining the game for his side with his bad attitude, remember to type GG when you win; it'll surely piss him off.

un1337

06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonook View Post
stfu and learn 2 play Richard.

Stop feeding.

Noob.

*round of applause*

if everyone was nice to newbs, newbs would stay newbs instead of trying harder to better themselves after every insult

Bonushand

06-10-2010

I've been trying to improve in this aspect, and let me tell you, it is not easy.

Here are some tips for the jerks like myself out there who are trying to improve:

Do it in steps:

1.Next game, make yourself only say mean things out loud, DONT TYPE THEM. (especially not in caps)

2. Gradually make yourself eliminate the mean things altogether, and start typing more "good jobs" than "you're a noob".

3.Reflect after each game on how you did. Apologize if your frustration got the better of you. If you haven't already been ignored, it may help both you and the person you called a noob.

I'll keep trying! If you see me in game and I get angry, please forgive me, I've lost control of myself!

12345612 ... 24