Shaco in 3v3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Howbadisbad

10-06-2011

Does Shaco become as useless in 3v3 as he does in 5v5 when endgame rolls around?

Is he viable as AD or AP?

Agnir

10-06-2011

A good shaco messes up the other team so when endgame comes around the other team is being steamrolled by the other 2 champs.

I would say better as AD for those mad ganks he has.

I am more greezy

10-06-2011

Shaco's endgame really isn't that bad in 3v3. Not easily carriable, but definitely possible.

AD is probably more viable then ap. AD provides a significantly better end game then the alternative. AP can completely faceroll early-mid game, but those JITB's that you oh so depend on become utterly useless in teamfight.

1 minute to setup a kill= good early game
1 minute to setup a kill= disgusting late game

Rupture

10-06-2011

You need to be a very experienced Shaco to play in 3's effectively. Your main role is to counter jungle and spam JITB for map control. If you can bait a team fight into a nested area, you can pick off 1 very early in the fight. If you don't get early kills, you will be starved and useless.

BRAVEYpl0x

10-06-2011

Don't under estimate Ap Shaco on TT. Those nests are deadly for clearly the jungle, setting up ganks and denying the enemy team access to key areas.

Huckler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

AD and AP shaco are both completely viable on TT, but I personally enjoy AP shaco. The smaller map size allows me to place boxes and be relatively sure someone will walk into them in the 90 seconds the boxes are up. I always stack 3-4 boxes minimum, starting from level 1, because 3 boxes will take out most champions early-mid game as AP Shaco. Late game, I use the boxes constantly, as they make ganking impossible for the other team and I can't count how many times I've gotten kills from low-hp enemies walking in to a single box and being decimated. Nothing against AD Shaco, I just mainly play AP Casters, but I love Shaco, so AP Shaco fits me perfectly. Oh, and Endgame Shaco in 3v3 is pretty powerful if you play him right (read: Don't try to 1v1 someone who can kill you in two hits. Use boxes to your advantage, whether you're playing AP or AD. 1.5 second fear across the entire map = beautiful.)

infinite azure

10-06-2011

I just won a ridiculously hard-fought solo queue game against a fed AP shaco, after a point I got my team to stop chasing anywhere that wasn't a lane objective, since we'd already pushed them off dragon, and grabbed an oracles (towers inhibs). And without his nests AP-co falls apart.

Against unorganized teams he stomps, and even not in a nest the boxes can do 1000 damage each.

He's not bad, he just takes you abusing his strength when movement through the middle of the map is essential midgame. Endgame he can be avoided.

IE crits from AD shaco with his steriod are .... not really fair.

Huckler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Although AP Shaco is pretty reliant on his boxes, if you play them smartly then they won't be countered even against a well-organized team. Also, with a Lich Bane, his passive + lich bane is pretty powerful also. And Two-Shiv Poison scales off of AP also, which gives it a nice damage burst.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckler View Post
Although AP Shaco is pretty reliant on his boxes, if you play them smartly then they won't be countered even against a well-organized team. Also, with a Lich Bane, his passive + lich bane is pretty powerful also. And Two-Shiv Poison scales off of AP also, which gives it a nice damage burst.
forgot about that, lich procs worth with the steriod as well.... yeah probably making that core lategame would make confrontations easier.

Huckler

10-06-2011

Lich bane on AP shaco makes him a great melee attacker, along with his passive, crit bonus from Q.