The reason why Akali is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurtleKing

10-01-2011

agreed. gunblade is far too strong on hybrid champions that scale extremely well off of every stat gunblade offers.

note that both jax and akali are extremely strong and BOTH of their passivesoffer extra scaling from both AD and AP. 135 ap+ad lifesteal, spellvamp, AND a 300 dmg slow is far too much when a champ also has passives with added bonuses gained from the AP and AD.

DarkCrown

10-01-2011

Get derpbringer or hexteck troller and you're good , proceed in pwning Akali

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

I love Akali, she has always been in my top 10 fav champs.

That being said, there are a number of things on Dominion that give me a hard time. Lee Sin, Talon, and LeBlanc being the major 3 counter-picks that just make my life so much harder. Then if someone like Kayle or Tryndamere gets a Lightbringer/Sweeper... jesus. Can't even touch them.

She is definitely good, but she's not that good. Personally, I'm much more afraid of Poppy since her survivability isn't so easily countered.... ****ing passive...

Best Atheist NA

10-02-2011

At level 18, most champs' base MR is like, 30ish, while armor is around 70-80. If you build complete glass canon, AP carries will f*** you up more than AD, imo anyway.

Duskofdead

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Yup. No one realizes that a little MR against Akali can go a long way. But, then again, I just dodged a game that a premade of 4 people screamed that Jax was OP and banned him, then preceded to insta-lock 4 AD champs, 2 of which were auto-attack wonders.

People are ****ing stupid, all I can say.
1) You also need stealth detection or else having MR only slows down her ability to kill you--- it doesn't prevent her from killing you.

2) If you've built all MR tank she can just ignore you and decimate the rest of your team. Your team isn't going to be doing much if they've all built enough MR to stop an Akali with Hextech and Rabadons.

Reikken

10-02-2011

^You don't need that much MR. The MR isn't what stops her. What it's there for is just so that you don't get instagibbed so that you have time to vaporize her. Also as an added bonus, MR means she does less damage which means she spell vamps for less. You DO need to have damage, but you also need to not run around with <50 MR expecting to succeed.

Duskofdead

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikken View Post
^You don't need that much MR. The MR isn't what stops her. What it's there for is just so that you don't get instagibbed so that you have time to vaporize her. Also as an added bonus, MR means she does less damage which means she spell vamps for less. You DO need to have damage, but you also need to not run around with <50 MR expecting to succeed.
Seriously I could just as easily say release Xin Zhao isn't OP, just build armor.

It's just as valid a response.

Reikken

10-02-2011

That kinda has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

If you build magic resistance, your damage would be too low to hurt Akili. All she has to do is split her gold between defense and offence items and she will still beat you.

Duskofdead

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikken View Post
That kinda has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
It does because a champion could be 1.0 baseline or 1000x OP and you could still say "just build defense."

It doesn't make the champion not OP.