Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011
1 of 17 Riot Posts

So... I hear this "dominion" thing went live. If you have questions or feedback about the new user interface elements we put in, here's the place to post! Things to talk about (not an exhaustive list):

* VP meters at the top middle
* Medals and score at the top right
* Changes to the announcement system
* Personal score display popups
* Quests
* Capture progress on points
* Capture interrupted feedback
* Capture point indicators on the minimap

Edit: Try to keep this focused on the user interface. The UI designers can't help too much with fixing game design issues. Example: Make the quests easier to understand and notice when they come up = UI/UX design. Changing which points are chosen to be quest points = game design.

Talamare

09-26-2011

Why dont they Welcome us to the Crystal Scar

I feel so cold and alone without being Welcomed

urmamasllama

09-26-2011

it feels like my abilities tend to lock up when i cancel capping

my friends have been having this problem too

ill be playing ezreal im capping an enemies comes up and i move off the cap

then a second later ill try and shift away and i cant and wind up dying

Miles Long

09-26-2011

I would very much like it if those three blue exclamation point tip things in the lower right hand corner didn't pop up at the beginning of every match.

Can we please have an option to disable them? I thought unchecking show newbie tips would do it, but no such luck.

Kaylel

09-26-2011

Game feels too fast paced to care about quests half the time.

Scores are pointless and arbitrary. There is no reason to have it to begin with so you are better off dumping it.

FenrirsVice

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
Why dont they Welcome us to the Crystal Scar

I feel so cold and alone without being Welcomed
WHERE AM I? WHATS THAT CRYSTAL? WHAT I DO? THIS NOT SUMMONER RIFT?

we need to be welcomed =P

Metalicz

09-26-2011

-VP meters is fine
-Most things that appear top right are kind of out of the way though aren't exactly pronounced to be much of any notice
-Could be more of a sign or something when new quests appear. Somehow even with looking at at the minimap a bunch I randomly end up saying "oh... there is a quest". Might be just me not paying attention but could be more of a signal when they pop up.

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalicz View Post
-VP meters is fine
-Most things that appear top right are kind of out of the way though aren't exactly pronounced to be much of any notice
-Could be more of a sign or something when new quests appear. Somehow even with looking at at the minimap a bunch I randomly end up saying "oh... there is a quest". Might be just me not paying attention but could be more of a signal when they pop up.
There's a fairly distinct audio queue for it, followed by the announcer verbally announcing that there's a new quest

RogerDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by H911Reiver View Post
There's a fairly distinct audio queue for it, followed by the announcer verbally announcing that there's a new quest
In the heat of the game/battle with the right audio settings (including external applications), that little audio queue could be missed entirely. Half the time the only reason I notice we have a new quest is the little notifications on the side.

Greenpanther

09-26-2011

The new shiny UI is great. The only thing negative I can think of is that the announcements about which flags are being taken/lost is kind of confusing. Giving names to these capture points is giving me a hard time knowing which one is which. Of course the mini map works fine and I can see immediately which is being taken, but if you guys are trying to come up with something new to improve the UI, maybe giving a symbol/picture/indication next to " The windmill is being captured"(I'm thinking of a pentagonal shape with a circle at the intersection representing the capture point). It would be even better if we knew which point to capture for the quest via the mini-map. Maybe I just don't know where to look, the game has a pretty fast pace and I have only played 3-4 games. Other than that the kill notifications are awesome, they show assists, kills, deaths, and all at the same time no matter how many kills and they are instantly updated.

1234511 ... 14